Reviews for Sky on Fire I: Slow Burn
sesshoumaru4me chapter 24 . 11/19/2011
true, i don't like the OC's. Not becouse of their characters or soemthing, but becouse I am reading this for Ino. i don't really care about the others :D It is so hard to find a good ino-centric story out here, while I think she has so much potential. So please, update soon and keep writing more of this stuff!
Perfect Beauty chapter 24 . 11/19/2011
glad to see that you updated. I'm really enjoying your story and I'm trying to give the Oc's a chance...
InARealPickle chapter 24 . 11/19/2011
You're right. I do hate the OCs. I didn't even bither to read any of their scenes.

Funny how the chapter was just as coherent and enjoyable without them.

Funnier how you actually thought anyone would be interested in OC Team centric scenes - especially when we had to wait so long to find out how INO is doing.
Random Reader Person chapter 23 . 9/25/2011
I like this story a lot, its a shame you haven't updated in a while
ChunkyMunky241 chapter 23 . 9/15/2011
Amazing story! I must applaud you on your treatment of all of the girls-it's rare to find a fic that does all of them justice without being campy. Your development of Ino is amazing, and I wish it had been focused on in the anime more, but-c'est la vie.

Honestly, the arranged marriage for Hinata and her letters with Naruto, Sakura's loathing of the Sound-Nin, Tenten and her relationship with the other girls-it's all great. And then Ino's development into a stronger kunoichi. Man, I'm glad I found this one. Hope you update soon!

The only criticism I'd have to say is that it's sometimes hard to follow all of the teams in the Chuunin exams, what with all the extra characters and all-but I'm sure that'll be fixed as we slowly eliminate them with the next few rounds, right? Right! _
AbsintheSpoon3 chapter 23 . 8/3/2011
I especially like your writing style. I find it fascinating how you weave different events so seamlessly into your story. You have a strong grasp of your characters.
wildcatt chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Amazing. You're clearly a very careful writer - it shows through in the detail, the plotting, the attention to character portrayal/design - and this quality is balanced out by some very fresh and ridiculously fun ideas.

I was a bit shocked by some of the reviews you got for the previous chapter - they were unnecessarily rude and I for one would like to say that I very much enjoyed reading about the different ways in which each team broke free of the genjutsu. It was interesting and clever, and I did not find it unduly repetitive. The immense amount of detail you supply demands concentrated reading, but they imbue your story with a delicious richness and depth, a solidity that makes the world you evoke that much more believable and interesting to imagine.

I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter, keep up the great work!
Tetsu-sama chapter 23 . 6/28/2011
Great Chapter. Excited to see how the rest of the exam pans out!
Gerren chapter 23 . 6/26/2011
Gah, this is a big cliffy for me.

XD

But I really like this story -
Essex chapter 23 . 6/25/2011
Nice. It'll be interesting to see how well Ino handles facing her fear.
Lady Eowyn of Ithilien chapter 23 . 6/25/2011
I'm really enjoying this story so far. I love the way you portray Ino. Can't wait for the next chapter!
Katio chapter 22 . 4/20/2011
um. truth. couldn't care less about the oc teams. read mostly for ino... I'm sure you put a lot of effort and thought into it tho so good job. please update sooooon
Aotrs Commander chapter 22 . 4/17/2011
Nice to see this story cranking back up again.

A good chapter, as usual. I must, however, concur with the observation that there was a little too many new characters at once. I can see where you were coming from, as it was the original Chuunin exam arc that introduced pretty much all the major cast, and you're setting up the pro-and antagonsists for this arc. Inside a visual medium, this same scenario would have been easier to follow, since it would have been much easier to follow. In a textual one, though, it was a bit less obvious. (That said, you still did better than most would under the same conditions.)

I think a staggered introduction of the characters would have been better (I'm afraid I forget if any were introduced before this chapter; I didn't re-read that last one before reading this; if there were, then the (understandably unavoidable) gap between chapters worked against you this time.)

In any case, I shall eagerly await the next installment. Keep up the good work!
Deleted114 chapter 22 . 3/28/2011
I am completely in love with this story. The writing is excellent, the characterizations are spot-on, and the plot is knotty and absorbing. I've really enjoyed the intelligence of your fight-scenes, and especially the detail and thought you have clearly put into the mechanics of individual jutsu, which is both creative and, so far as I can tell, also perfectly true to the canon abilities of characters.

Ino was never really one of my favorite characters, but after reading this, I think she's become one-the way that you get inside her head and develop every aspect of her personality without any trace of OOC-ness is amazing. I honestly don't think I've ever read a fic, much less an AU fic, with better insight into, and explorations of, individual characters, their motivations and relationships and quirks and weaknesses. I've also been converted to ShikaIno, which is irritating, as I'm rather tired of supporting pairings that will never occur in canon. Oh well. This story is canon in my head, now, so here's hoping for a happy ending. :)

Anyway. If you couldn't tell, I'm a big fan, and eagerly awaiting the next installment. Happy writing!
sad little monkey chapter 22 . 3/28/2011
appreciated the update. meandering through character groupings was a little time consuming but probably necessary foreshadowing for story development. looking forward to next installment.
326 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »