Reviews for Sky on Fire I: Slow Burn
Aotrs Commander chapter 24 . 11/23/2011
An excellent chapter as usual. Bonus points to Ino for being hard-core!

Might I make a bold suggestion? With the number of new characters (and the time between each chapter) it's difficult to keep track of who is who. Perhaps you could add a very brief (as in one-or-two line) description of the newer characters (i.e. name, affliciation, primary character hook etc) to the tail-end of the next chapter, as a reference point? It would be enormously helpful to help dealing with keeping things straight, just to jog the memory, really.

In any case, keep up the excellent work!
sad little monkey chapter 24 . 11/20/2011
glad for the update. the way you portrayed ino's trials with her phobia being forestalled by her teammates/friends and moving on with what they needed to do was nicely written. the betrayal scenario was interesting, seems konoha's chunin exams are ill-fated affairs. looking forward to next chapter.
InFieryPeace chapter 22 . 11/19/2011
That chapter was a veritable monster! Not talking about the writing or anything, just the length! It could have been a story in itself. I love your writing, its truly incredible. However, I think there were a few too many teams covered. Admittedly, I very much enjoyed reading some of them (Midori was fun to read), but some of them grated on my nerves and got hard to keep up with. All in all though, it was a good chapter of an amazing story. Keep it up!
Essex chapter 24 . 11/19/2011
Excellent. Very claustrophobic. Nice to see that Ino's problems are having a significant effect on the exam. It was also nice to see that she could briefly overcome her fears long enough to handle that one encounter.

I also liked how various temas are using different tactics rather than all simply coming to the same conclusions and doing things the same way. This gives them a lot more individuality.
sesshoumaru4me chapter 24 . 11/19/2011
true, i don't like the OC's. Not becouse of their characters or soemthing, but becouse I am reading this for Ino. i don't really care about the others :D It is so hard to find a good ino-centric story out here, while I think she has so much potential. So please, update soon and keep writing more of this stuff!
Perfect Beauty chapter 24 . 11/19/2011
glad to see that you updated. I'm really enjoying your story and I'm trying to give the Oc's a chance...
InARealPickle chapter 24 . 11/19/2011
You're right. I do hate the OCs. I didn't even bither to read any of their scenes.

Funny how the chapter was just as coherent and enjoyable without them.

Funnier how you actually thought anyone would be interested in OC Team centric scenes - especially when we had to wait so long to find out how INO is doing.
Random Reader Person chapter 23 . 9/25/2011
I like this story a lot, its a shame you haven't updated in a while
ChunkyMunky241 chapter 23 . 9/15/2011
Amazing story! I must applaud you on your treatment of all of the girls-it's rare to find a fic that does all of them justice without being campy. Your development of Ino is amazing, and I wish it had been focused on in the anime more, but-c'est la vie.

Honestly, the arranged marriage for Hinata and her letters with Naruto, Sakura's loathing of the Sound-Nin, Tenten and her relationship with the other girls-it's all great. And then Ino's development into a stronger kunoichi. Man, I'm glad I found this one. Hope you update soon!

The only criticism I'd have to say is that it's sometimes hard to follow all of the teams in the Chuunin exams, what with all the extra characters and all-but I'm sure that'll be fixed as we slowly eliminate them with the next few rounds, right? Right! _
WynnCharmer chapter 23 . 8/3/2011
I especially like your writing style. I find it fascinating how you weave different events so seamlessly into your story. You have a strong grasp of your characters.
wildcatt chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Amazing. You're clearly a very careful writer - it shows through in the detail, the plotting, the attention to character portrayal/design - and this quality is balanced out by some very fresh and ridiculously fun ideas.

I was a bit shocked by some of the reviews you got for the previous chapter - they were unnecessarily rude and I for one would like to say that I very much enjoyed reading about the different ways in which each team broke free of the genjutsu. It was interesting and clever, and I did not find it unduly repetitive. The immense amount of detail you supply demands concentrated reading, but they imbue your story with a delicious richness and depth, a solidity that makes the world you evoke that much more believable and interesting to imagine.

I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter, keep up the great work!
Tetsu-sama chapter 23 . 6/28/2011
Great Chapter. Excited to see how the rest of the exam pans out!
Gerren chapter 23 . 6/26/2011
Gah, this is a big cliffy for me.

XD

But I really like this story -
Essex chapter 23 . 6/25/2011
Nice. It'll be interesting to see how well Ino handles facing her fear.
Lady Eowyn of Ithilien chapter 23 . 6/25/2011
I'm really enjoying this story so far. I love the way you portray Ino. Can't wait for the next chapter!
330 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »