Reviews for The First Step
Borys68 chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Interesting take on how could humie-orc peace after fall of Sauron be achieved.
Borys
Sentinel Prime chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
Aawwww, that was so cute! Margosh is just adorable. He kind of reminds me of my baby version of Shagrat, except that my Shagrat is only two and the Men are not nice at all. Great job, though.
XxWanderlustxX chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
This is brilliant! I can see why you fell in love with the story (I did too) and it's really very interesting to think about things from a different perspective... also, I couldn't stop giggling at the last part, specially when Boromir sat down for a talk with the Orc (now that's something I never imagined happening)

...does your friend intend to write a sequel? it'd be awesome to see what everyone's reactions will be if Boromir brought home a group of Orcs and gave them jobs or something...
cimmer chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
Great story, very cool and I liked the idea.
ASF13957 chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
This is really a wonderful story. I like the way Boromir's character changes throughout it. It's really well written, interesting, and touching.
Gargoyle13 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Wonderful story. I am so glad I picked it up from another author's favourite listing.
Protector of Silence chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
This is a phenomenal story in that it is so unique in recognising the orcs as more than just monsters, something that I also try to do in my own writing, and that I have never seen elsewhere before this. Moreover, the way that Boromir's transformation is described is incredibly well done and believable. Thanks very much for recommending this story to me - I am very glad to have read it.
chisscientist chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
I enjoyed this story. Thank you for putting it up, and thank you to Val for writing it. I have a problem with the whole idea of orcs being irredeemably evil, although I have mainly been dealing with that in my original fiction rather than through fanfiction since it is my impression that Tolkien had decided that they were in fact irredeemably evil, at least through acts of men or elves. Nice to see other people think about these things too. It is also you interesting that you chose Boromir for the viewpoint character. Unusual choice, but it did work.
Makarios chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
OH! Please write a sequel with the struggles between men and orcs trying to overcome the hatred they held for each other! Your story was so incredibly amazing!
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
Wow your freind who wrote this has a great idea on this.

Would there be ANY chance for a seguel? :)
oldRazberri chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
You are a great writer! I never would have thought to write a story about an orc child! It's so good D
szepilona10 chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Tell your friend that I really like his story and that I will never think of orcs in the same way again!
The Lauderdale chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
I didn't have a problem with Boromir being alive - I figured this was an AU, especially with mention of his daughter. The only thing that trips me up is that last line and why he would think that a group of warrior Orcs in the woods would know how to repair a wall...Otherwise, I like the idea a lot - the little details and observations of a small child's behavior and how they work to change Boromir's take on a larger group. Very nice! I too hope that your friend will write more in this fandom, especially if it involves Orcs.
Anonymist chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
First off, I love the idea. It's an interesting story, well told (and well translated). Margosh is sweet and the different take on orcs is very interesting. Swap Faramir for Boromir (who is *dead*, as someone else already mentioned), and I could easily see this happening.
Ellynn chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
Ok, in this post, I am a messenger, and I will also add a few words of my own. :P

Val says thanks to all of you for your reviews. He is glad that you liked this. :) However, he is not sure if he'll continue to write fanfiction, because he is busy with some of his own original fiction. ;)

And now, by me. :P Especially to Lani and Beanie006, who commented anonymous, so I can not send them a message: I will go on persuading him to continue writing. Val, we want more. *sweet blinking* :D 0sweet0

One more time... thank you all! *hug*