Reviews for Chains of Freedom
guest chapter 25 . 3/2/2014
Will you ever update this story? It has to be the best SG1 Story on here and loving the fact Vala is an ancient... even if it is a diluted one.

Please, please please. Keep this story going.
littleellie30 chapter 25 . 7/7/2011
please update! I've just lost sleep to finish this! please can you finish?
bobcox26 chapter 25 . 4/17/2011
nice please keep me updated
acer-sigma chapter 25 . 4/2/2010
Nicely done! Looks like something is definitely pulling Vala closer to her destiny. Interesting to see that she seems to be the only one that is really remembering anything. But than I guess that has to do with her genetics.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing what happens as they explore this ancient facility.
acer-sigma chapter 24 . 4/2/2010
Loved the bit of down time you had the crew indulging in! Thought the Jack and Vala interaction was nicely done, as well as the bits that highlighted Vala's relationship with the other two alien women.
HAZMOT chapter 25 . 1/27/2010
I just can't get enough of this fantastic weave of Vala being an original Ancient Tauri and the adventure to stop Anubis. Seeing Vala interact with Jack is a tickle and seeing Daniel happy to help in this quest is awesome. I have to go back and see about why Vala and Daniels minds were surpressed. If I'm right it was important that their memories not reveal their future. Vala's constant feeling of doom is not misplaced and certainly Daniel and the rest feel more confident at taking on Anubis with a well designed ship that is designed for Vala and Jack special gift in Ancient genes. I love though how you've blended all the character in perfect harmorny. Cam and Carolyn, with Jack and Sam of course. I have a feeling that Pilars preminition for Teal'c to stay close to both Vala and Daniel is forbiding. As they all get closer to fighting Anubis, it seems Vala's worries and dreams may have a set course to their salvation. :D
Oldlibrn chapter 25 . 1/27/2010
I was thrilled to find you'd been working on this story. I really enjoy it but I thought you'd given up. I like how you're developing the Vala/Jack relationship.
WezH chapter 23 . 2/11/2009
Yay! New chapter, and really good one :)

Keep'em coming :)
ena chapter 23 . 2/9/2009
omg i'm so excited to see this updated. can't read right now but i'll be back tomorrow with bells on

yay
Oldlibrn chapter 23 . 2/9/2009
Hi,

I was glad to get an update, I had sort of given up on your story. I did have to go back and reread some of the earlier chapters, but that turned out to be fun.
HAZMOT chapter 23 . 2/9/2009
I'm so happy this is back. I've missed this terribly. While Vala starts to remember parts of an ancient galaxy, Daniel is definitely on her side to finding it. She seems intent more than usual to search for it and her memories seem to push her towards those lost areas. But really my concentration is on Jack and Pilar. YOu can't help to be fond of her wisdom and how she puts Jack in his place. Even with Sam fixing Vala's ship, he still harbors ill will towards Vala. Pilar picked up on it, without question. But she finally revealed how difficult it was for Vala to lose the Tauri people and her planet. She took on the whole grim death of her people at a young age and survived somehow. I'm glad Pilar explained in detail of how near death Vala really was and losing her sanity. I think Jack is the only one she can trust that information with and she's leading him into something that is a lot special than fighting his enemies. :D
J.Stone chapter 23 . 2/8/2009
I REALLY hope you write more and soon. Thanks
1477166 chapter 23 . 2/8/2009
Yay! You updated! *huggles*

Yay! Vala's a genius! And it's so sad...what happened to her when she was 17... her whole world died. I'm glad Pilar and Jack had that talk. (:

And...yeah! Awesome.
acer-sigma chapter 23 . 2/8/2009
Ah so the little bits of knowledge that Vala was exposed to as an ascended are finally beginning to make itself known are they. Have to admit, it does seem a bit too easy with the way they managed to identify those planets. But I suppose they're due for a break considering everything they've been through. Not to mention we don't know how things will be once they hit those planets.

Nice little conversation between Jack and Pilar. Looks like Jack might finally understand where Vala is coming from. It is kind of surprising they never considered how young Vala must have been when she felt her people being wiped out. But I'm guessing it probably has something to do with not wanting to acknowledge how long its been since they lost their own planet. Still you can just imagine how Vala must have suffered. The fact that she's still sane is a testament to her strength. And I have to say, it does give an interesting iea as to why Vala and Jack clash. I mean here I thought it had to do with Daniel. ;)

Anyways, now that Pilar has had her say, I'm looking forward to seeing just how Jack's meeting with Vala will turn out, especially now that he has this key piece of the puzzle to the mystery that is Vala.
acer-sigma chapter 22 . 5/19/2008
Must say, the association with Vala is really benefiting Jack and crew. And it looks like Vala's friends are just as full of surprises as she is, particularly Pilar.

Particularly enjoyed the scene between Daniel and Vala and his 'explanation' of the proper definition and usage of the word flirt. That was quite well done and a bit amusing as well.

Interesting bed time story Vala's dad used to tell her. Be interesting to see just how much of it will help them with their quest.

And of course poor old Jack. Hopefully he'll manage to dig himself out of the hole he's gotten in with Vala. Anyways, till next time, keep up the good work.