Reviews for Bleak House
Mimic chapter 13 . 9/24/2013
I was a little worried it could end bad, but it was beautiful. I didn't give anyone diabetes, which would be the case if Kim said she loved Shego. I'm happy and satisfied with the ending, in a way that I can just gladly fill eveything else, feeling like there's no need for more to be told, like a good, promising, life, way better than what the "lived happily ever after" evokes.

In oposition to some people, I enjoyed all of it. Hard Times was... weird, but I'm glad it made this one happen. Shego is portrayed as a strong pregnant woman, so she didn't have to go low. I appreciate this much.

I know... nothing about law... which is a shame. T-T

(On a side note, while I like descriptions of intimate action, I would like to point they're just bonus. That said, I really really liked when Shego went over the table and took Kim, it didn't need further description to be good, but it was incredible!)
Bubblezmith chapter 13 . 2/19/2012
Damn glad I found this.

Awesome ending, simply awesome...
the grey mage chapter 13 . 10/13/2011
this was kind of a depressing story.
Chikiko chapter 13 . 2/21/2010
i don't think i've read many if any stories that have ripped kim up as much as this did. it was like a positive oriented kim bashing. and yet through out it all despite teh number of amazing number of mistakes she mad and how the press smeared her so badly that even the dirt was offended being near her, she managed to stay virtually the same old Kim. My bloody word, she covered shego with a blanket to hide her from being caught sneaking into her cell. She racked up karma points for her grandkids on that one.

There some question moments though. The mtDNA the biggest. Wade's being found out was a bit of a stretch for me. possible yes, but as seemingly unlikely as Ron scoring a 100 on test like math/science/history (that wasn't a completely fill in the dot/multiple choice/true of false/etc type test) (and i would think that breaking into a jail is crime. i would imagine that shego approaching kim and calling her if not a crime might go toward nullifying the restraining order.) not that either were thinking straight.

though it took me forever to finally read this(which is good as it would have driven me nuts if i read while still in active publication.) i've had it saved on my computer probably since it was actively coming out with the intentions of actually reading it. well i'm glad i finally did. it was good.
Bacca chapter 13 . 11/16/2009
Did anyone else notice how Kim didn't have any 1-on-1 time with her daughter at all?
Mirenope chapter 13 . 6/4/2008
Oh! (I scream while holding a magnifying glass) There it is! The humor! And it's hillarious!

Sorry about that, I just didn't see very much humor until the end. Very good story. I was actually able to understand most of the jusice system stuff in this (I don't mean it as an insult to you but as a confesion that I know very little about this stuff. Retardedidely little.) It was a great fanfic and i really got into it. I think it even taught me a little about the justice system too. Keep it up!
pogokimshe chapter 13 . 2/21/2008
Very nice, enjoyable little romp. I'm glad you wrote this sequel to 'Hard Times.' Now I suppose I'll have to check out your other stories.
List of Romantics chapter 13 . 12/20/2007
Where does this all come from! Seriously, where? Hard and Bleak have to be two of the most unique KiGo fictions I've ever read-both stellar, but out there; that and you didn't shy from explicit sexuality (well done, big points there).

Wow. That's about all I can say... you've left this verbose gal stupefied-happy, confused slightly, randy, and... stupefied.
Morphimal chapter 13 . 8/22/2007
Normally I begin a review with a blanket statement on my opinion of the work and follow that with comments on grammar, punctuation, and plot.

Unfortunately, I'm having a little trouble breathing right now. and I cannot honestly say I paid a damn bit of attention to the technicalities.

I will express my joy over how the end played out. I was a little worried and a lot pissed with the way Shego kept flip-flopping. Once again you have written an absolutely fabulous work that has left me more than just a bit breathless.

BRAVO!

Mac the Elf
CastaS chapter 13 . 7/3/2007
great story, i enjoyed it much.
mouserr2255 chapter 13 . 5/10/2007
its taken me a while to figure out how i wanted to review this last chapter and the story on whole, the story up to the last was an exercise in frustration anger and outrage ... how could 2 people who have something so important between them do such horrid/stupid(respectively) things? ... the ending ... well the term id prefer to use wouldnt be right for a review so if you wanna know sendd me a msg and ill tell

on the whole i loved it it was different from the norm, frustrating as hell and much like a soap opera (or politics which are pretty much the same thing just with less famous people involved) and its that soap opera thing that kept me coming back ... or maybe i should say 'train wreck' cause it was almost exactly that right down to the 2 bodies tangled together at the end

the only thing lacking is the 'aftermath' footage ... im sure im not the only 1 who would like to see the fallout from the 'settlement'
The Humbug chapter 13 . 5/7/2007
Ok, having re-re-read chapters 1-13, here's my final evaluation... I'm ignoring chapters 1-10.

Not due to context, style, technique or depth because they have all of that in spades. I just cannot bring myself to ENJOY the story (yes, the Humbug is that shallow) because of how KP & S are behaving, both unto themselves and towards each other.

Not that it probably isn't an accurate representation. This is ME, not the story, that has the limiting factor. I enjoy reading chapters 11-13, and obviously have to mentally condense 1-10 down to:

'After the events of Hard-On Times, Shego returns, is quite knocked up, has the baby, and proceeds to make life miserable for Kim, who is suffering from cranial rectosis'.

From that point on, I love it. It's very much in the flavor that I prefer, and that's why it IS a Favorite. Sorry to have been such a poor audience.
skyz chapter 13 . 5/5/2007
Well now, King, I am quite impressed with this. I was impressed before with the Best Enemies Universe. But this is something different all together. You created a world where Kim got Shego pregnant and Shego was bordering on unrootable, while Kim appeared as dumb as a bag of rocks. And with all of that I enjoyed the hell out of all of this. It was bleak in the beginning and I surely had no idea where you were going, but you pulled it off quite well. The ending wasn't too sweet or too abrupt. Kim was still confused and dim and Shego just wanted Kim to love her. And your sexual scenes are really good so feel free to throw more out there for us. I loved Hard Times and this story follows it in a way I hadn't imagined, in a way that fits it perfectly. Bravo. Thanks for taking the time to post this. Can't wait for more stories from you.
A Markov chapter 13 . 5/5/2007
Overall, an uncharacteristically angsty ride with a surprisingly fluffy end.

With so little insight into Kim or Shego's thought processes over the course of the story, it is a bit of a leap of faith to find them in each other's pants at the end. I suppose, one could pour over the story looking for subtext and pointing out various things that might be interpreted as indications that there was some kind of secret love... or one could read Hard Times and the mutual interest would be plain as day.

A trite ending, as you foretold, but still strangely satisfying.

Alex
Daryl chapter 13 . 5/5/2007
your ending chapter was great and i'm glad everything worked out in the end