Reviews for Song of Swords
Toby860 chapter 3 . 11/16/2011
a good story so why has it not been continued.
Immatrael chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
Very interesting! I love Claymore and I'm midway through Evangelion. I'll have fun reading this crossover.

Is Yui going to fill the role of Teresa? If so, it could prove interesting if she's Yui's mother - or at least aunt or something (before she became a Claymore, obviously).

Who is this mysterious "She"? Could that be Lilith? Where's Adam in all this?

...oh right, that would be Isley. Duh. *smacks head*

Anyway, a highly promising story so far. I like the divergence in the 3rd chapter - exactly what was it that Ritsuko did?

Looking forward to Asuka making an appearance. And you have to include someone with Miria's power! Go Miria! Woot!

...Maybe Misato - she's a good tactician and strategist.

Anyways, keep writing. I eagerly look forward to an update! _
Delusional Fishies chapter 3 . 1/24/2008
What about the awakened?
Delusional Fishies chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
Wait. No Clare, lion-dude, and former-number-2-but-turned-into-fugly-chick?

What about that council who decides the actions of Claymores?
Zephyrus-Prime chapter 3 . 12/31/2007
-cries-

What, no more chapters? This makes me very sad indeed.

An excellent story all around and I would be quite heartbroken if it were to be discontinued or forgotten, as so many good fics are.

-sigh-

Here's hoping another chappie comes out soon.
Beowulf31486 chapter 3 . 11/20/2007
Great stuff so far. Just writing to let you know that I have enjoyed reading what you have written so far and that I have no complaints as of yet. I haven't quite grinded my way through the Claymore manga yet, but I have seen all 26 of the eps that have been released so far, so I do have 'some' idea of whats happening. lol

I just have to say though that I disagree with FinalMax on the how the original Claymore's were held. While it would be possible to and probably was sometimes used with one-hand it is not the best way to handle it. A one-hand grip just doesn't allow enough control and power for such a large blade. The best that you could do one-handed would be somewhat clumsy and hard to control swings. It just simply wasn't in your best interest to be using a Claymore in that manner. Now, the latter Basket-hilted Claymores were meant to be used with one-hand. However, those are shorter which allow you to better control it with a one-handed grip. In any case, the true Scottish Claymore is clearly meant to be a two-handed weapon as is evident by the length of its hilt and how long it is in order to take advantage to the power that a two-handed grip provides.

Although, I am fairly certain that this information isn't really necessary or needed since all you need to know is that it is indeed possible for Shinji to have held, albeit not very well and certainly not with one hand. In any case, I can't wait to see what the next chapter has in store.
Kraven Ergeist chapter 3 . 10/27/2007
Awesome. I love Eva crossovers like this (was thinking of doing one myself set to Genshiken and/or Zero no Tsukaima), but I like the character selections for this fic. I can't wait to find out who you cast as the future characters. Yui as Theresa? Asuka as Helen? Misato as Miria? Kaworu as Isley? Lillith as Priscilla? Who will Gendo be! The possibilities are endless! I can't wait!
marcoasalazarm chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
You know, this series you should keep on going. To see what happens, I'd keep on reading it, pre-reading it and whatnot to the end.

You know, in the manga there is this one Claymore called Undine, and even if her appearance is so freakin' short, I can detect a twinge of Asuka Langley in the way she was written.

Maybe you could add her in the Asuka post (that is, if you do not want to add more Eva charcters-only write her final fate differently so she doesn't gets killed) or put Asuka in her place (with the same suggestion/plea/whatever).
Omega 64 chapter 3 . 6/14/2007
Hm... Interesting story so far. ALso the crossover seems to fit pretty well, though I haven't read Claymore.

Best of luck on the next chapter.

Omega
I Come Anon chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
ZOOMJ CLARE!

Great story, keep writing, etc. I'm sure you've heard it all before. Can't hurt to say it again, though ;)
FinalMax chapter 3 . 6/6/2007
To comment on the weight of a claymore sword, the fact that a normal human cannot wield one now is more a commentary on how weak most of us have become. Looking at older depictions of the use of a claymore, it was indeed meant as a one-handed sword. Old murals show such battles in a bit more detail.

The common misconception about the use of a claymore probably began some time after the gun replaced the sword on the battlefield. The physical conditioning needed to heft a rifle is far less than that to hold a sword properly, so this has something to do with the fact. Someone probably tried to hold a claymore and found that they needed to use two hands to do it, which eventually led to the idea that claymores were two-handed weapons.

It would be more accurate to state that an untrained, unconditioned human could not wield a claymore with one hand in normal circumstances. Whether or not you decide to use this obscure bit of information is naturally yours. I simply felt it my duty to clarify on a misconception.
Konous the grey chapter 3 . 6/6/2007
Yo Hamstaman,

I'm tired so I'll be frank...good work. I was suprised when that other guy wrote the claymore story too, was wondering what you'd do.

Anyway, interesting how Ritsuko seemed to view Shinji with utter disdain, but I guess being around youma-human combinations constantly must make you have high standards.

Or she's just genuinely a bitch.

So Shinji and Rei are getting closer...now the question is of course how much of Claymore story line are you going to follow? I mean I haven't seen the series but according to Wiki there's a huge sprawling set of story archs going on focusing around the original two characters.

Well hope it all goes well for you and I can't wait to see what you've got planned man.

Sincerely,

Konous the Grey
dennisud chapter 3 . 6/6/2007
Still the spineless wonder I see! yeat they have started down the path to destroting the Angels. So when does Shinji become or is using this power so hinted?

dennisud
Guest chapter 3 . 6/6/2007
I'll preface this by letting you know that I don't know squat about Claymore. Never seen it, never read anything about it, never even knew it existed until maybe a few weeks ago.

Having said that, it didn't matter at all once I started reading this. Your painstaking set-up of the Claymore world, and the way you've meshed it with the events in Evangelion, have made this a thoroughly engaging read. So far I haven't once felt like I've been missing anything while reading it. Your descriptive passages in this fic are the best I've seen from you to date, and I'm really enjoying the characterizations, especially Ritsuko's for some reason - they're all slightly skewed versions of their EVA counterparts, and they all work in the context of the story. And it must be said - Rei in armor plate wielding a sword is pure win. And you bust on me about fanservice! :) I'm interested to see what this "prophecy" entails, and how Shinji and Rei factor into it.

All in all, more excellent work. I don't know if this is indeed the very first EVAxClaymore fic, but I can confidently predict that it will be one of the very best. You've got me thoroughly hooked, and I'll be along for the ride the whole way on this one. I'll be waiting for the next chapter... and more "Notebook"... and "Little Things"... and "Aspects"... seeing a theme here? Write more, dammit! :)

Cheers,

IO
antagonist99 chapter 3 . 6/6/2007
Well, we have here the first significant divergence from the Claymore manga/anime...

It still follows the Claymore storyline in large parts, but as I said earlier, that's not a big deal...you're still in the middle of setting things up for your own story.

I hope you'll update soon!