Reviews for A Curious Affair
maraudergurl2010 chapter 2 . 4/18/2010
All right. Here we go.

I have a policy. I refuse to alert people on the internet of my existence and peacefully maintain my account so that I may be able to access with ease some decent literature, albeit, fanmade literature. I rarely ever leave a review, and when I do, it is usually only for the people who politely asked me to start an account in the first place.

Anyhow, my point is, this beginning is d*mn good. the d*mn good beginning to what will, MOST assuredly, be a d*mn good story. I added this story months ago to my favourites list and alerts list. I am salivating at the propect of an update. Your heroine already displays the traits of a strong, exciting, and relatable woman, and your take on Erik shows grace, elegance, and intrigue. He is not creepy. He is mysterious. He is cool. The both of them together have a tangible chemistry, and there is humour already evident in your tone that is catchy.

PLEASE, for the love of butter on popcorn, peanut butter with jelly, maple syrup on pancakes, update this story. I realise (whereas you wouldn't, since you don't know me) that this is somewhat hypocritical, as I never finish projects I start due to my busy life. But I am DYING to read more. The very fact that you can write with correct grammar wins my favor.

I know not your situation nor your schedule, but I implore you to update this incredible tale. It is going to be awesome.
rhiready chapter 2 . 6/22/2007
I need more chapters please i do like what you have so far NO MARY-SUE i kinda of atfirst though she was going to a mary sue and shes not so YAY
LetYourFantasiesUnwind chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Great start! I am intrigued
LondonLady chapter 2 . 5/3/2007
This is one of the better Phantom fictions written I have seen in a while! Please continue quickly with this, I await eagerly.

LondonLady
Googleeyes chapter 2 . 5/1/2007
I wonder where her husband is. Is he real, or is he actually away somewhere? I think he's real. Maybe he got a divorce. I don't know. I loved her worries about being too melodramatic. That was entertaining. I can't wait to see what happens next. Please update soon!
Tadriendra of Mirkwood chapter 2 . 5/1/2007
Again, just a spot or two about the grammar I noted in my review of the last chapter. Overall: Very good.

Where's her husband?

Update soon!

Tadriendra, Lady of Mirkwood
Helden chapter 2 . 5/1/2007
Oh, a ha-ha-ha! You have no idea of how much I truly appreciate this story. Witty, dry, and cynical. Of course, I'm sure you didn't expect some sort of Spanish Inquisition, so I'll just keep this brief and demand you to update in a most speedy manner.

Cheers.
zareka chapter 2 . 5/1/2007
Great start! I am looking forward to continuing this journey
MJ MOD chapter 2 . 5/1/2007
Aww, thank you!

Hmm, I think the the husband doesn't exist at all. I'm sure she invented her husband to look more repectable. Aww, she feels friendly for Erik. He does need friends.
Googleeyes chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
I'm really liking this story so far. You have a great beginning and it's interesting to see Madame Bardot's expectations and opinons of things. It's also interesting that she's so often judged as a maid or otherwise impoverished person. I'm putting this on my alerts; it has a lot of potential. Please update soon!
MJ MOD chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
Very interesting. I love how she knows how it feels to be judged on appearances alone. She's careful but she's daring at the same time. It seems it'll be a very interesting story. I'm waiting for the next chapter.
Reader chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
Haha..mistaking her for the maid, she'll probably sock him one. But still, a lovely introduction.
Tadriendra of Mirkwood chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
Good beginning.

Just watch a few grammar spots. For example, for dialogue sentences that are statements (i.e. use a period instead of a question mark) use a comma instead of a period if the sentence is followed by a he/she said. Example: "Erik is the Phantom of the Opera," she said.

Update soon!