Reviews for Obligation
Robin chapter 2 . 5/1/2007
Brilliantly written. You know Sam and Dean so well, and this story went a long way towards healing the elder Winchester brother's heart. I absolutely loved it! Amazing insight! Robin
pizzapixie chapter 2 . 4/30/2007
Another awesome story under your belt! You make all of the Winchesters so real to , and please write lots more stories,mm'kay?
shmrck14 chapter 2 . 4/28/2007
Fantastic story...as usual! It is totally in character and believable.

So...any chance you'll follow-up with how John dealt with Marshall. He wouldn't let that threat stay.
Kaewi chapter 2 . 4/28/2007
This story is absolutely stunning. As much as I want to hate John for the way he lived his life and raised his sons, I have never been able totally fault him for it. I think your fic pretty much sums up why, because I've always felt that he did the things he did to protect his boys (even though he was also out for revenge).

I'm pretty much speechless. THANK YOU for writing such a vivid account through time of John's motivations, and their impact on the boys.
friendly chapter 2 . 4/27/2007
great job..that was a really good story
BrokenAngelJen chapter 2 . 4/26/2007
Oh. My. God! Theresa! You had me in tears! I loved the image of Dean and Sam sleeping in the hospital bed... just the way Dean used to when Sam was a baby...

And you're right. Dean does feel like he has this obligation to protect Sam... he always did, even though he never knew what he had to protect him from... And it would be insanely hard to be Dean...

Basically, I'm trying to say I loved this. You captured the boys (all of them) so well, and I loved every minute of this. Great job! Keep it up! Also, this is so going into my favourite stories!

Lots of love,

Jen
NathMG chapter 2 . 4/25/2007
I love this exploration into the relationship between John and Dean. It's heartbreaking when you think about how Dean grew up being the good son and brother, keeping his father sane and protecting Sam from the horrors of their world. Always giving, but rarely receiving. Caught in the middle and always trying to keep them together. It's a wonder how they didn't manage to tear him apart.

I love Sam, but I don't think that he realizes how sheltered he was by Dean. It's good to read stories where he has some of that understanding.
bjxmas chapter 2 . 4/25/2007
Ah, I love the brotherly moments and I love Sam realizing what Dean's life was like. I also love the idea that all is not as it seems and with these Winchesters hiding so much, it is only natural for past moments to rise up and make them all questions what the truth really was.

I do think Dean knows Dad loves him, and he is so proud and loving of Sam, but there is always going to be some underlying competition between brothers. Sam always thought Dean had the closer relationship with Dad and Dean always knew Sam was the focus.

I do love the shorter stories that cover a lot of ground but get to the point. I just don't have time to read all the longer stories. Great job, B.J.
heather03nmg chapter 2 . 4/25/2007
I'm just going to get out a box of tissues and have them ready whenever I see that you've posted a new story.

“Dean, he never thought you didn’t matter.”

“He tried to kill me.”

“He was possessed; the demon did that.”

“He didn’t try to stop it.”

“You don’t believe that.”

“He left me.”

Those lines broke my heart and you always seem to get me all teary eyed. My poor Dean, well at least he had Sammy to help him feel better.

Amazing story, beautifully written as always!

You write the best hurting/angst filled Dean stories and I love them. Cookies for you, get writing the next one!
bjxmas chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
I love the Wee!chester fics. Naturally Dean takes the blame for Sammy's injuries and it was a nice touch to have John shadow that behavior and blame himself for Sam and for Dean getting sick. John is hard to write, harsh and demanding while fiercely loving his sons.

I really like how he told Dean he wasn't shy about placing blame and that Dean wasn't to blame for Sam's injuries. I also like cutting back and forth between 'now' in the hospital and 'then' when it happened. Can't wait to find out what John saw with the bikers that made them take Sammy in the first place. On to the next chapter. Take care, B.J.
kamelion chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
aw...WARM FUZZIES! Glad to see there is more coming!
missmadeleine2002 chapter 2 . 4/25/2007
Great story! I felt the boys and John were so in character and when it comes to writing fanfic, that's one of the biggest challenges.. Thanks for sharing this story with us!
Trish62 chapter 2 . 4/25/2007
I really enjoyed this story. Of all the wee-winchester stories I have read, this is the one I think has the most interesting and realistic view of how the three characters evolved. I loved the interaction between John and his sons, not too mushy, but not the cold uncaring John alot of writers fall into. And the end, when Dean says "He left me", actually had me tear up. I don't think I ever really thought about how Dean would have taken John's disappearing, it didn't occur to me that he might have felt abandoned again after Sam's leaving. Really nice story and thoughtful writing, Good Job!
Faye Dartmouth chapter 2 . 4/25/2007
This is a really interesting look at how John's obsession with the hunt spiraled out of control. Of course he always hunted in some part to protect his sons, but knowing Sam is connected to the demon would make it all the more important for him to pursue, even at the expense of his relationships with his boys (in his opinion, anyway).

More and more I'm just fascinated about how traumatic the hunt would be to young boys and teenagers. For all the times the boys were left in motel rooms and cars, never knowing if someone may find them, if something may find them, if their dad never comes back-that's just no way to spend a childhood. And to have Sam at 12 staying in cars and motels by himself is enough to break my heart.

Anyway, thought provoking fic :)
adder574 chapter 2 . 4/25/2007
Great job. I loved the Sam and Dean conversation near the end. You good really feel Dean's emotions.

I loved both chapter of this amazing story and I can't wait for the next one.