Reviews for Fire on Darkness
darkdranzer chapter 20 . 7/13/2014
wow i really enjoyed reading this. short but neatly done. i like the ambiguous ending :D
matchynishi chapter 20 . 4/25/2014
this was lovely.
Maris35 chapter 20 . 11/23/2013
That was truly amazing story. I just wish it was a little longer.
Demoninmysoul chapter 20 . 9/15/2013
I wish there was a sequel to this! I loved the story, but I'm curious about our Harry's and Severus' relationship, and the memories!
Beautifully constructed story, smoothly flowing, and while I was really dreading the switch back, it's a logical conclusion, since you couldn't have left a world without any BWLs. I'm also wondering if Neville could win in his world, and how that pair copes, with Lily and if she accepts them in the end, and if she takes off her ring in the end (or if Severus gives one to Harry :P )
Anyway, thanks for the fantastic story!
Guest chapter 20 . 5/25/2013
Interresting take on the horcruxes and how the war might have gone. Harry's reluctance to kill or at least seriously injure Draco annoyed me though.

I'll never be a fan of this pairing, in fact most times I severely dislike it. But this was well done, and I really did feel for Harry in the end. I liked your portrayal of Ron and Hermione.
Your alternate universe was certainly unique.

The split couldn't have really been what caused it though, since one descision in the past does not affect several men's sexuality in the future.

Still a somewhat unique tale if nothing else so thanks for the read.

Ta.
Kashel chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
Great story.
I read it in one go and have to admit I haven't seen such fine writing in some weeks.
Your parallel universe was quite interesting; even if the people were 'ooc', they somehow weren't. You made them alive, which is truly a feet.
Guest chapter 20 . 7/18/2012
I liked this story, it triggered some strong emotions. But it doesn't feel finished. I want more. Oh well I'll get over it. Thanks
npetrenko chapter 20 . 4/25/2012
Lovely story.
tess4aria chapter 18 . 3/26/2012
oh my god that scenes is so heartbreaking! I love how honestly you portray canon Harry's tentative relationship with Sev against the backdrop of his relatinoship with AU Harry.

This is quite a common theme in this story, no? Loving someone but there always being someone in the way of that love...sad, but very eloquent.

Anyway, thanks again for this :)
tess4aria chapter 16 . 3/26/2012
I find that often when people try to fit canon scenes into their AUs that they feel strained or...not quite right. I didn't feel that at all with your story. This Department of Mysteries scene was so gripping. I loved that, here, Harry is just 'the Quidditch player' everyone (but Severus) underestimates. Made it so much more moving seeing all these complexities at play.
tess4aria chapter 20 . 3/26/2012
This is really a fantastic piece of work. I'm not sure why it doesn't have more reviews than it does! I found it incredibly enthralling. And your alternate world Severus was just...well, let's just say it was quite believable Harry would have fallen for him.

I'm not sure why some of those reviewing this story said it had a 'bad ending' as (unless I'm much mistaken) it ended on an ambiguous but hopeful note. Yes, Severus was his usual grumpy self, but he did take the memories, suggesting a possible future for Harry and him...anyway, I like where you ended it, leaving the future open. Though of course it would be fun to see how a relationship might develop from this point-but that would be another story. Thanks for this!

Forgive me for rambling. I really loved this, though.
med chapter 20 . 12/28/2011
thank you, it was a lovely read. i didn't expect you to leave it so unknown at the end, but it works perfectly.
Snarry4ever chapter 20 . 8/17/2011
First off, no offense but that was a horrible summary. I would not have read it but I found a recommendation for it on the Snarry fic find. I'm so glad I did though! What a wonderful concept! Loved the "not here" Severus. It was sad to read about mean Lily and Sirius :( The "here" ending felt a little like it wasn't really the end though. Like you left us hanging... Is there a oneshot sequel in the works? Does canon Harry end up with Ginny after all? What does Severus do with the rest of his life? Thanks for a well-written, well thought out fic!
FairAris chapter 20 . 8/9/2011
I loved your story but there was so much left out. So many instances where the reader was left hanging to finish the conversation in their head. I loved how the AU Snape and canon Harry reacted and adjusted to their situation, and the love and care AU Harry tried to show canon Snape.
Saturnblue chapter 20 . 6/12/2011
Does it mean Snape and Harry will have some sort of friendship or close to it or maybe some type of relationship later on in their life. Since in this world both had a very hard life to begin with unlike the other world. It's pretty good overall. It show real emotions people deal with in a life like that. It seem to me there is not much interaction in the Severus's Harry with the current Harry's pals. Both world contain uncertainty and good times.