Reviews for Permission Slip
meimei42 chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Awesome story! I'm running out the door so not much time for a review but I really liked what you did here. Preseries fics are my favorite and this one was really good. Thanks for sharing!
MeShelly chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
This was a very sweet piece. :D I love the ending. John is militant about the way he does things, but it's such a great way of showing that his emphasis is on the safety of his children above all else (even if hunting itself falls into a strange gray-area of 'safe). Even if his way of trying to keep them prepared/safe grates on their nerves...

Their argument made me laugh because they both sound so immature and frustrated. "EXACTLY!" I think that's a great way of showing how the two of them can look at the same thing and come to completely different conclusions.

I liked Dean's observations as well. "The kid should know better." He has a deep understand of both Sam and John, and it's very apparent, especially when he seemed to know that John was going out specifically to hunt that thing. He's so caught in the middle or exasperated on the sidelines-it's kind of sad.

What I really love is how I can feel sympathetic toward all of them, even if at some points I'm frustrated toward them (well, really just John and Sam). I really liked the detail that John thought about dinner, even though they'd already had it long ago, and that Sam had always wanted to be normal, but had switched gears in how he voiced it.

"I *hate* you." It made my stomach turn. I like the short, fragmented-like sentences. "The air was always thick After." Nice use of understatement.

Very cute. Thank you for sharing! :)

Michelle
Nana56 chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Yep, I did enjoy it. Didn't think I would because I don't particularly care for the argument times, but it was very good. Shows another aspect of John Winchester. Well done.
SilverKitsune1 chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Oh wow! That was tied together so beautifuly! Sam's words must have had some passion behind them and they must have just rung through John's head for hours.

I always feel bad for Dean and a sort of understanding for Sam during these John Sam battles. You wrote such a great one too!
angel679 chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
Bet Sam didn't even say thanks either the little twit. Loved the story it was great.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
You did an absolutely perfect job of showing the two sides of John here - the way Sam sees him and the way Dean sees him and how both aren't entirely mutually exclusive. You can imagine how John's hard ass attitude would grate on Sam, and it's hard when you're that age to understand that a parent often says 'no' for your own good - particularly in the weird world of the Winchesters, where 'yes' could mean a death sentence.

Great stuff!
LovinJackson chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
i really loved this ... the fact that John went out and hunted the thing down and then came home and signed the permission slip ... that was great and i wasnt really expecting John to back down at all so it was a nice surprise

Thanks for sharing

Tara :-)
reading chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
Oh, John...

Loved Dean's observation that it had been like Sam had been eaten by a surly monster. :)
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
I expected the ending but i still liked the story. Liked Dean's POV
missmadeleine2002 chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
I loved it! And the ending was so touching. Papa W really loves his boys, he just doesn't know how to show it sometimes. Great job!
Bea2688 chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
This was great. John, Dean, and Sam stayed very in character. Keep up the good work.
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
Sweet of john
Ash8 chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
Perfect! - as soon as John left I knew (well hoped!) that's what he was doing. Loved the argument - and Dean hanging back, waiting to see what would happen. Great snapshot of their lives. Thanks
Sera and Tails chapter 1 . 4/24/2007
I couldn't help but "aw" with the last line. I always believed that John really did try with the boys.

Lovely job, write more, soon!

Cheers,