Reviews for Vindication
celeste9 chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
I like this take on Seifer. It really sounds like him, sounds like how he'd think, what his inner voice would be. I like that he's not making excuses for himself, but also that he doesn't want to come right out and tell everyone, hey, I wasn't possessed.

I think this is my favorite part: "Because, you know, fuck their forgiveness. He doesn't want it. If they hate him, then why can't they go ahead and admit it? It'd be better off for everyone involved if they'd just tell him what they thought, instead of playing this we're-all-friends game they seem to think makes him feel included or some shit like that. Fuck it. Fuck them, and fuck their ideas of him.

He's not that easy to understand."

I think the best thing about Seifer is that you don't really know what happened, and why he did what he did, and what he or anyone else felt about it after it was all over. There's so much room to play around. I think you did a great job of looking into his character and then saying something about him.

Seifer was always my favorite character and you seem to get him.
LiquidSky chapter 1 . 7/15/2008
I really like the religious aspect of this. It's rare to see someone delve into their thoughts of gods and the afterlife. I also liked that he lied about what really happened to him, you couldn't really blame him if he did, right? Wonderful writing, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Spikey44 chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Y'know I never really liked FF8 the game...not sure I even finished it, but I always liked Seifer. He is the unrepentent villain of the piece and I really like your short story here, and Mantra, because you capture the contrary, angry, oddly honest and utterly cynical aspects of his character perfectly.
f u r o g u chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
Yeah, hell. It's supposed to be all fiery and everything.

Fire, huh? At least I won't get cold.

whoever answers that was damn genius.

in this case, you wrote this, so yeah.
The Kelpsinator chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
You've really captured Seifer's voice very well. I love this line: At least he chose his own perdition. No one picked it out for him. I've been fascinated by how the characters deal with the aftermath, since there are a lot of ends that don't get neatly tied up at the end of the game. Great job!
P.O.KILLER chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
To be honest, I liked Mantra much better. I know the style is a bit skewed from the last time, and it was intentional, I believe it could have been delivered better. But aside from the style, the logic and raw content was justified. I dont know why but when I played the game, I had the feeling that Seifer knew full well what he was doing, i just cant imagine one of the best ff characters stamped with the possessed label. Anyway, to address your a/n. . .I believe siefer maybe talking to ellone. .. in a time thats between his and a place that she took him too. . .(meaning ellone had fallen asleep and seifer decided to talk. . . lol) heh. keep up the exemplatory work, and please forgive my god awful spelling.

-Dead Pollen
Disalae chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
I enjoyed this, I love the idea of the possession of either Edea or Seifer maybe not being what they said it was, I've been toying with it myself in a story I still need beta read, so it's not up yet. Nice to see someone else shares the same thoughts.

Not sure about who he's talking to in the first part. Does it matter? I don't feel like I needed to know.
Rosa Heartlily chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Oh, I loved it! Seifer is my favourite character, too - so much more interesting than Squall!

Loved the way you got inside his head and made sense of the whole thing from his pov. Great job.
horsecrazy2 chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
Good insight into Seifer's character. It's always fun to take a peek inside his mind, and I think you handled it well. I haven't read anything by you before that I can remember, so I'll have to look over some of your other work. Good job with this.
Heligoland chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
Hmm, it seems to me I've read your work before. In fact now that I look it seems most every decent FF8 fic I've read recently has been your work.

Yay for unpossessed!Seifer letting everyone think he was - nothing makes me happier. Insightful, I love the damnation theme, and the general live-for-the-shitty-ol'-moment tone.

The thought briefly passed through my head as I was reading: How fun would it be to be Seifer's therapist!

Yeah, I know, I'm damaged.