Reviews for Redux: Key of Time 02: The Relic of Niveus Astrum
ArwenMUC chapter 14 . 11/1/2009
This is a very well thought out story
Frostfyre7 chapter 14 . 5/17/2007
Lovely story, beautifully written. (Though I have to say, it's 'lose' not 'loose' when saying someone has lost something. ;) A commonly overlooked error, and only a nitpicky Grammar Nazi like me usually notices.) LOVED your characterizations! Iris is simply brilliant, and I'm so glad the Doctor isn't alone anymore. (Though I'd have to side with Iris in saying they DO have a certain duty to repopulate their species. If he's looking like David Tennant, who *wouldn't* want to? :D) Like Mikael and the use of Latin quite a lot. He seems such a nice boy.

I adored your little fill-ins for Gallifrey and the Time War (I especially loved the bit about the field of daisies. That was just so...Doctor. Just darling.) Gives me some ideas for my own planned Time-War flashbacks. ;)

All in all a thoroughly enjoyable story! Kudos!
Frostfyre7 chapter 4 . 5/17/2007
One thing I forgot to mention, last review. The whole "Martha-as-a-Martian" thing threw me a bit-I'm guessing you started this before series three began? But really, it wasn't so jarring as to throw me out of the story. Just a bit AU, which is fine and dandy.

Is Iris Wildthyme your creation, or a character from the classic series? I really like her. (I seem to recall a Time Lady from the old Who that had a TARDIS shaped like a double-decker-but wasn't that the Rani? Or is Iris the Rani? Ah, well, no matter.) She sounds like loads of fun!
Frostfyre7 chapter 3 . 5/17/2007
Finally had the time to sit down and read this! And may I say, it is fanTAStic! I love your little descriptive asides about the Doctor. "a ferret on Red Bull" has to be one of the damned funniest descriptions of Ten's hyperactivity I've ever read! And "soulful brown eyes which were usually used for getting the last biscuit in the tin"-haha! Love it, love it, love it.

You've really got Ten's character spot-on, that fascinating mix of childish glee and deep sorrow and rage bubbling just beneath the surface!
templremus1990 chapter 14 . 5/10/2007
The plot completely tied my brain in knots. But it's testament to the sheer quality of your writing that I not only kept going, I now immediately want to go back and read it all again. Loved the characters, the description and the dialogue, as well as the relationships you have established between each main player.

I await Part 3!
templremus1990 chapter 13 . 5/9/2007
SHE'S ALIVE!

*does happy dance*

Such an uplifting ending to a thoroughly exciting chapter. I love your use of simile and metaphor: very effective.
templremus1990 chapter 12 . 5/8/2007
This was laugh-out-loud funny in places, totally heart-breaking in others. And, amazingly, both worked. That takes some doing. I congratulate you!
templremus1990 chapter 11 . 5/8/2007
All your characters are perfectly in-character. I'm loving Iris and Mikael. I really should look at more of the classic series some time...

Anyway, keep up the great work!
templremus1990 chapter 10 . 5/6/2007
We now have to wait two weeks for more Who, which is why it's such a pleasure to read something of this standard. I hope you'll carry on updating apace: it all makes the wait seem that little bit shorter!
templremus1990 chapter 9 . 5/4/2007
SHE'S ALIVE! *dances*

Jack and Martha are perfect together. Love the way the plot is developing too.
templremus1990 chapter 8 . 5/3/2007
Gripping. I loved the bit about the Doctor playing with the yo-yo: it's just the sort of thing Ten does! I'm running out of positive adjectives I haven't already used, so I'll just shut up and go back to demanding updates...
templremus1990 chapter 7 . 5/3/2007
Out of interest, what kind of things *can* you do with 'a toothpick and a bit of trickery'? I'm curious now...

I do love your banter between all three companions. It makes the whole thing so much fun to read.

Loving it, when's the next installment?
templremus1990 chapter 6 . 5/2/2007
Nononono! You can't stop there! What happens next?

Please tell me you're updating soon!

This chapter was totally gripping. Too many great lines for me to quote, but I loved the comparison of the Doctor to 'a long, thin brown missile.' It's certainly apt! This still manages ti be both funny and heartbreaking and I love the banter between Jack and Martha. Even if the thought of Jack's amoeba fetish is more than a little disturbing...
templremus1990 chapter 5 . 4/30/2007
This is still great. I really have to read up on Iris: she sounds like just the sort of character I think the show needs today!

This manages to be very sad and very warm-hearted at the same time. Loving it, and loving the swiftness of the updates!
templremus1990 chapter 4 . 4/29/2007
You write abosolutely beautfully. Little things like this: 'dancing a ballet of the heavens.' really elevate the whole story. Being a new series person, I've never come across Iris before; just looked her up on Wikipedia, as she certainly sounds an intriguing character. Love the idea of a TARDIS bus! I fully intend to keep reading: writing like this is too good to pass by!