Reviews for Remembering, From a False Hero
NO! NONONO! WHY?! MIKEY! *Sinks to knees, sobbing*
sophie chapter 1 . 1/5
:-C he died! Make a sequel :-D
hiccup-mikey-robin chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
Shell! I need to stop reading Mikey death fanfics. There's too much angst either I cry so hard or I get so pissed afterwards.

You are a very good writer. Yes, the italics helped do much. Thank you. I love the Komodo dragon and toucan scene. That was so funny. Mikey is a best-selling novelist in canon. I can so see Mikey inventing this type of essay approach.

OK. I did not cry. I got pissed. Raph wasted so much time not even visiting Mikey in the infirmary all those months. He even disappeared for a week running away after smashing Mikey to the wall with glass shards. Typical Raph. He is so in character in the 2k3verse. It just saddebs me that Mikey died all alone inside the room while pleading for Raph to stay. Shell! I had to check. Mikey's last word was Raph.

Aaaaahhh. Raph babysit once and Mikey died barely five minutes after. All alone. In pain. Aaaaah.
kittycatpaws chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
The italics helped a lot!
LunarStar98 chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
We love you Michelangelo, now and forever. T.T
Tamaki's Haruchan chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
That was a touchin story. Cried for most of it.
LenniluvsBrian chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Mikey should never be allowed to die. It always rips my heart apart, & yet I keep reading these kidns of stories. Lol.

Good fic. I enjoyed it. I can see why Raph was/is Mikey's hero. :)

~Lenni~
sweetpeatea chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
how sad :( poor mikey. i sort of with the ending would have had a bit more too it but it was still wonderful.
AlexHamato chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
i just wanted to say that whenever i have a bad day i read this fic and i know that things could be worse... and that if Mikey can fight through this than so can I!

i'm just so inspired and awed by this story, which i should've reviewed ages ago!, but alas... i now review :D

how do i explain that sad beautiful realism of this one shot? out of all the death fics i've read this easily tops them all! and i've read a lot mind you :D i've always wanted to be able to write first person and stream of consciousness buuuut... i need major work :D

Thank you so much for supplying me such an inspiring, tear jerking, and overall all brilliant story! Kudos to you for a job well done!
finem chapter 1 . 5/3/2009
well...that hurt. I just want to say that this was very well written. It's a difficult balance to find with fics that involve character death to keep things believable and affective without falling into melodrama which would just make things humorous. There was nothing funny about this situation. Well written. Very well written.

I think the way it is styled helps a lot. Raph's POV was perfect. As for the italics...I don't know that they really helped anything. Maybe if it were like memories done in all italics and present time done in non-italics? But the story pretty much speaks for itself, however you choose to format it. Really, really nice job.
lynzyb chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
I have read this before but didn't comment. Just read it again and it still gripped me like it did the first time. Extremely well written.
Trillian4210 chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
Normally fics like this drive me crazy and I don't end up finishing them. They get WAY too angsty and the torture heaped on the turtles seems gratuitious and done for effect, more so than character development or, god forbid, plot.

This fic was different. I was riveted from the first line and stayed that way straight to the end. Your depiction of the relationship between Mikey and Raph was probably more accurate than any-not in the handling of grief but in the little moments that made up their lives.

I could have done without the heart monitor beeping thing as it cranked up the angst a notch, but it is more than made up for in the fact that Raphael did not sit there and hold his hand and watch him go and blah blah blah like I've seen in a zillion other fics in a zillion other fandoms (and am guilty of myself).

Long story short, this was absolutely beautiful.
princessebee chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
OUCH. so sad ;(

but very well written, and your depictions of both characters is beautiful.
Apothecary's Rose chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Raph...Mikey...DAMNIT! YOU MADE CRY! I have to say I really did like this...even though it is so sad...good job...
freakanature06 chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
*sniffles and tries to stop crying* That was... amazing. I love the fact that Mikey was still making jokes... And the one line: "How can someone be a hero to their own?" I definitely sobbed at that one...

Very well written. I found it quite easy to keep up with where things were. *thumbs up*

~ME~