Reviews for But Some Remain The Same
Linzerj chapter 10 . 8/23/2011
I absolutely loved your work. Bravo, my friend. I applaud you on a job well done. :)
aisarete chapter 10 . 1/29/2010
I realize I'm pretty late to the party. This review is exactly two years from the day this story was first published. But I hope it pleases you to know that this story and its predecessor have set the bar for all other Gargoyles stories. For me, everything will be compared to this now, and I don't think anything will measure up. And not only did you set me firmly back in the fandom, I've been telling my family about your story as well. You've just gotten quite a few people into Gargoyles!

All this adds up to - I loved every minute of your story. It put me through an emotional wringer; everything from laughter to tears, and much more. I wish more stories were this good, and I am putting this story on my favorites, and I plan on recc'ing it on my homepage. I'd like it for my C2, as well. And I guarantee I will be reading this over for years to come.

Many, many thanks for the great fic! And oh, that little use of April Jones and Peter Parker? Definitely got a giggle fit out of me.

Keep writing!

Ai
Blackdex chapter 10 . 12/26/2009
Please continue. ciao
SkyChild chapter 10 . 11/7/2009
An amazing story! I read "Times are changing" before and couldn't stop myself from moving to "But some remain the same" straight away. Puck is my favourite Gargoyles character, so a story featuring him has to be good - and yours was awesome, captivating, intense and lovely. Wonderful work, thank you!
Deritine chapter 1 . 5/21/2009
Hoy crap- a sequel? Why then updated longer ago? So confuddled.
Maeleana chapter 10 . 9/3/2008
I like that. A very good story, and pleasing read. If you have more go for it.
Opacus chapter 10 . 8/29/2008
Cute story. Poor Puck, he's just one giant trouble magnet.
Alachine chapter 10 . 6/1/2008
Beautiful duo of stories and such a joy to read! Rarely do people grasp the full rainbow of things that make up who Puck/Owen really is and the sheer amount of complications that simply being fey can lead to. Wonderful job and I look forward to any more writing you intend to do!
the kid from colorado chapter 10 . 5/29/2008
Well done!
the kid from colorado chapter 9 . 5/29/2008
Haha, Puck, that was SLY. I hope Demona eats that guy.
the kid from colorado chapter 7 . 5/29/2008
This is really brilliant. I love all the characters, and your plotline is very taut and fast-paced. Alex is awesome.
RogueFanKC chapter 10 . 4/15/2008
Baird Crevan, first off, this was a wonderful sequel.

Secondly, forgive me for the lateness of my review; though real life got in the way, it is a rather poor excuse, so forgive me. That said, let's move on...

I daresay that you write the best and most canon-respective characterizations of the Xanatos and the Oberon families down pat. If anything, you not only remained true to their personalities, but they consistently reamin so throughout the fic and story. Xanatos and Fox, though I have no doubt that they are loving parents, raise Alex quite brutally in order for him to be a future heir. Considering that they don't settle for anything less than the best, this is not only true but shockingly blunt and reminds us that Alex is going to be built up to be a very dangerous man if crossed. I like that, I like that a lot.

The bits with Lord Oberon and the maigcal feys, especially the tricksters such as Loki, Coyote, and Anansi was also a wonderful and well-written characterization piece. Lord Oberon still doesn't have much respect of any human or gargoyle, Titania is regal, cunning, and a very strict authoritarian, and the bits about Coyote with Alex and Eliza remind me that I shouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them (maybe less). And you wrote Proteus' scenes and role in this to be VERY chilling. Any magical paranormal, whether it being a New Olympian or a fey, to have a sickening fascination to bring the Apocalypse to humans and non-magical beings is nothing short of mad. Puck may not be a saint (an understatement, I know), but I'd gladly have him and Titania over Proteus and any person who agreed with him any day of the year.

Seriously, you should be proud; you wrote all of these people very well to make any Gargoyles fan nod their heads and appreciate your devotion to canon.

The moments with the Gargoyles and Eliza were also all very well done too. Thailog was not onyl sadistic but chillingly detached and dangerous. I thought it was an incredibly tense moment when Alex literally had Thailog in his grip and could have killed him, but I was very glad he did not. I'm certain that bit of mercy will cost him eventually, but he still did the right thing, for which I'm glad. The Wyvern clan and Eliza showing shock and pain at the decision to kill Thailog was well written; they always followed the "do not kill" moral code.

The bits of the Wyvern clan was also true to the comics, cartoon, and made me smile as a fellow and long-time fan. Broadway and Angela having a baby made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, and yet I had to feel some pain when you reminded us that Brooklyn has never found love and probably never will. It IS painful for him, and yet I have a feeling you may have a gift for him in the future. ) And of course, the Eliza and Goliath moments are also cute and heartening as well, and I'm very glad that they will not split up. They are too good to break apart.

And I understand your reasons why this isn't a standard crossover like your previous fic, but that hardly matters since I love this anyway. And you did the cameos VERY well too. Angel was well used, and you wrote him marvelously despite not having a "cool" mutation, and very few writers seem to remember that Warren xcan be a fantastic brawler in his own sense. I'm glad you wrote that action scene when he fought against Proteus. And of course, the last chapter with April Jones ("Jones" and not "O'Neal"? My, my, my, Casey's a lucky man!) and Peter Parker made me giggle. It may not be a crossover, but you did it to remind us that there are many worlds conjoined in this fic universe, and it worked effectively. Bravo...

And I laughed at Pietro's comment in the column; Pietro, as much as one likes your blunt honesty, realize that Wanda will kill you for that written remark one of these days. )

And on a final note, I'm sorry life's gotten rough on you too. I hope you're feeling better, health and life wise. And again, I'm sorry it took so long to review this, but I do hope this gives you a bit of happiness since a marathon story deserves a marathon review. ) You should be proud; this was another wonderful Gargoyles fic.

Take care and may your muse continue to inspire you. )
Anna Marie Raven chapter 10 . 2/12/2008
Written by April Jones with photos by Peter Parker? ...Do I smell a sitcom?

Sigh... Every awesome cartoon series/comic takes place in New York...
A.R.E chapter 10 . 1/29/2008
Fantastic Story! Hopefully you'll keep up the great work and continue to write more of these.
anon chapter 10 . 1/29/2008
That was awesome, and with Peter Parker and April o'Neil thus intertwinging more of the Marvel Universe and TMNT, could you do more cross overs I love them, but of course the most important thing is Alex and Wanda togetherness action, more soon please