Reviews for The Night of the Setting Sun
Murder We Wrote chapter 1 . 2/16
Heart-wrenching and brilliant.
13 Owls chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
You really brought forth the emotions in this one, excellent writing! I can see this happening too since you wrote Jim and Artie right on character. Great job! Thanks
Diddlepie chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Wow! I had to read those last few sentences a few times before I got it. Masterful.
The emotion you captured in those last few words of JW's, that he would avenge his best friend's death, and then willingly join him instead of waiting for the calvary, acknowledging that he had a choice and his choice was to die essentially along side AG, than go one without him.
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 1 . 5/28/2013

Good story, very well written.
Undercover West chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Alright! Gong out in a big blaze of glory! Jim's the man!
Besides he will be joining up with Artie very soon! KAPLA!

Jim's already dead, he has the Samurai warrior spirit where they believe that they are already dead so they don't fear death. Bushido the way of the warrior code. And that is what James West is all about.

Well one author here that understands James West.

Good story writing!
Neshomeleh chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
I just love this story so much, it's so sad and sweet, it makes my heart ache
Anon chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
OMG...I wonder if everyone who read this understood it...omg how
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Oh wow. I wasn't expecting that twist ending! How heartbreaking! I can just imagine the look on Jim's face. And poor Arte. I wonder if he realized his true state or not.

I really like how you lead readers to believe that Jim is simply ignoring Arte until the final reveal that maybe he really doesn't, probably really doesn't, hear him at all.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
This is amazing! Very well written and I wasn't expecting the twist ending.
Olivia Sutton chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Ooooh, I love it! I had to read the last couple of paragraphs twice to realise that Artie was a ghost - but it gave me the shivers!

I want to know what happened to Artie - tho' it's perfectly in character for Jim that he would be full of guilt if Artie died and Jim couldn't save him.

Again - I loved it!

Jopot chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Wow! The element of surprise that Gordon is actually already dead was good, really good.;-)
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
A great story. I read this one a long time ago and forgot about it until now. I liked the part where Artie was telling Jim that he was foolish for doing what he was going to do alone.
WWWLover chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
I think that you did a really good job at writing this.

It took me a little while to figure out what was happening. But at the end, when it said "James West turned back to look at the empty railroad care for the last time", I was very surprised.

I think that the relationship between Jim and Artie in this story was really well written. You did a good job at showing that Jim and Artie are closer than just partners and best friends.
nittanyapple chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
i must admit that i didn't get it at first. But then i figured it out, and wow! you have a voice here, and it broke my heart! Godd job!
gaffer42 chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
Oh, well written! I love bits like this, wehre you think you know what's going on and then it blindsides you!