Reviews for Erlkönig
Threatens and Adores chapter 16 . 10/25/2009
Wow, I read your story all in one sitting and let me tell you, it scared the hell out of me. In a totally good way, of course! It was refreshing to stumble across this story after reading many nice Jareth fics. Though I do personally like my moody but overall good guy Jareth best, I adored your version too (well...not in the sense that I would ever like to meet him..)

Anyway, this story was amazingly written and captured my interest from the get-go. I wish you best of luck in the future and hope to read more Labyrinth fics from you :]
beth chapter 16 . 10/15/2009
Excellent story, just read all of the chapters in the course of a month and I keep coming back to it. Graceful writing that really sets a vivid image in your head accompanied by the empathy the reader feels for Sarah.

Please, I beg of you, write another chapter if you can. Fan art of your fanfiction will be in mass abundance.
Kaylee Diane chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Oh my gosh. All I can say is WOW. I love the faerie you put into this! How everything fits is amazing. Your take on Jareth is probably the most original I have seen and really puts a spin on everything I loved when I first saw the movie. You make everything seem so REAL.
Almaseti chapter 16 . 9/10/2009
This is a really interesting, really intense fic. I couldn't stop reading it.
Bree chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
I've read this before, but I couldn't help reading it again.

~sighs~ This is one of the most beautifully chilling stories I ever read. You are such a great writer! The Labyrinth fandom is awesome on it's own, but with stories like these it's phenomenol. I really feel for Sarah, yet I could see why Jareth is such an temptation. The description of Jareth's inhumaness is actually worked with and expressed something that's not done to well in some stories.
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 15 . 9/2/2009
Oh! PS. I forgot to add something- I loved the ending with the bird, I'm assuming it is her soul right? He has her very essence trapped, from what I gathered. Anyway, brilliantly done!
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 14 . 9/2/2009
This is the best dark Labyrinth fic I have ever read! You put the right amount of suspense, mystery, horror, and emotions for everything! I'm speechless!

I wasn't so sure to read it at first, knowing how dark it would be and how different it is from other fics. But I loved it- I always imagined Jareth to be dark and twisted like he is, and Sarah would dig herself a fine hole from the beginning. In fact, I'm not even sure if there is anything I thought you should have changed or any errors.

The dark theme is so fascinating- no, enchanting! This must have taken you a long time to plan out and to write, and bravo!

Guten Nacht!
Toreshi chapter 16 . 7/26/2009
a good way to end the winter solstice chapter would be to have her twin girls be born, and have her remember the happiest times with them and through them, learning to love Jareth.

So when she tries to escape like Orpheus, she knows she cannot look back even though her daughters cry for her. But her bonds to them are too strong and she must look back, and in doing so finds that she is unable to leave.
Inspired Demon of Fiction chapter 15 . 7/2/2009
Well... this is an older fic, but I've been on an 'outdated Labby fic' rampage, so this is just peachy...

Um... I have to say, you tend to have a very DARK approach to Jareth's character, having read both this and 'Thrice upon a Time'. I don't think I'm ready to read the last, although I did ADORE your phluff (ph for the PANTS).

Anyway, I bring this up, firstly, to congratulate you on brilliant writing. I never could have written this and your take is very original. Sadly, this leads me to the second, and more important reason... Jareth scared me. A LOT. I was not comfortable with this. :D I mean... he was NOTHING like the somewhat silly, impossibly PG-rated, singing, dancing devilish trickster we all know and love. You made him so much... MORE. And, I can understand why, how it fits in with canon, I just... I was scared, and I do not often say that. Your Jareth is just so... evil and drunk on power and completely without mercy. And... I'm really pretty sure I didn't like him. Which is a brand new experience for me.

And I'm really not criticizing I'm just awed and a little freaked out by your interpretation. Here I am, writing my own ridiculous, sweet, cute little adventure Labby fic and then I wander your way and I stop cold because suddenly I want to run as far away as possible from my leading male character. I... I'm still frightened, even though it's all over because he was SO intense and unforgiving and there was absolutely nothing in him that I wasn't afraid of.

It was very very well-witten, obviously, you really had me into it... but, I couldn't really enjoy it. It was like... 'The Fountain'. Have you ever seen it? Wonderfully put together, fantastic movie... but, it's not human. And even though you took away the veil of the childishness of the movie, you also removed most of Jareth's emotions and I just couldn't reconcile myself to it. This was so harsh and dark and you played around so much with what had happened in the movie and what might have happened and why everything might have happened... it was sweeping, but... not entertaining. At least, not in the same sense.

And you nailed the time traveling. I hail from Doctor Who-verse where all we do is time travel. Now, the way the Doctor does it is considerably easier, but for the kind of past-altering time travel you were talking about (which was also featured in a few memorable episodes) you nailed it. And, given that I've seen episodes where canon past was rewritten, I DO know how much of a bugger it is to try to rewrite it, to revisit scenes you've already done and try to add something to them without actually changing anything.

Your symbolism with the song I also find very unique... I, kinda cheated. After the second chapter I was so frustrated not knowing what the song meant that I went and looked it up, so... I kinda knew what was going down, although your translations were... different :D.

On that note, I've also had a thought (always a worry) have you ever heard of 'Herr Mannelig' by Haggard? You might want to look it up. It's... similar to 'Erlkönig' except that the roles are switched... ie. Sarah would be trying to seduce Jareth against his better judgement. And, it's also not very... pleasant. You should look up the full lyrics, Haggard only uses a short version... It just struck me as a possible sequel, which I would write myself, except I don't even want to THINK about how complicated it would be making Jareth and Sarah switch roles. I thought maybe you'd have better luck with that plot bunny.

Anyway... not sure if you'll ever get to reading this or not, but I thought I'd let you know what I thought.

Cordite Quill chapter 16 . 6/29/2009
Just read it all and gotta say, love the dark Jareth. *shudder* So deliciously wicked. Excellent portrayal, plus I enjoyed all the references to mythology, etc.
Aurora Rosewind chapter 2 . 6/18/2009
I had to look up the song while I read this. It really did send shivers through me! Whew!

I simply adored your writing. It was a lovely enchanting chapter. I can only imagine the enchant to grow.
Aurora Rosewind chapter 1 . 6/18/2009
I was just going to skim through this after clicking on a link on Deviantart... but I was sucked in! Entranced!

That was ridiculously beautiful. Your writing is enchanting, even in such a real setting.

Though I think that's soon to change...

~continues reading~
jen2137 chapter 16 . 6/15/2009
Fabulous, dark, scentilating , unique and completely consuming!
FoxyGeek chapter 6 . 6/13/2009
This story is absolutely AMAZING so far.. it's 4am.. and i need to wake up early tomorrow. GAh! but I can't stop reading!

Simply brilliant!.. I'm in Love with your Jareth.. He's simply Perfect..
ButterflyOfLothlorien chapter 16 . 6/4/2009
You are truly a brilliant writer with a gift for the frightening.

I look forward to reading your other works... once i gain the courage to stop hiding behind my personally preferred snarky-but-lovely Jareth (who i promptly ran back to after finishing this).

But deeply disturbing and nightmare-inducing.

Much respect to you, your writing style and sincerely Evil-with-a capital-E Jareth.
502 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »