Reviews for Erlkönig
pnutbutternhelen chapter 4 . 2/6/2010
fantastic and lovely, you write with great detail. It's what all readers want to read, the story just pulls me in and won't let me go.
pnutbutternhelen chapter 2 . 2/6/2010
"For it is a song, nothing more"

xD
persephonalpomegranategmail.c chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
I might've left a review before, I can't quite remember, but I read this story a while back and, like everyone else, found it most original, chilling, frightening, and involving. It reads like a fever dream and makes me at once frustrated and hopeless that even the strongest willed of us, like Sarah, so often end up losing to an evil that you wish were not so in the first place! The reason I came back, though, is because I wanted to ask you a question (you're welcome to email me the answer!)

After having recently read Marlowe's Tragedy of Dr. Faustus, I can't help but wonder if your Jareth interpretation has some strong basings in the character of Mephistophilis - infact, now that I think about it, especially in regards to In a Glass, Darkly. Is this true? The resemblance is too large to be passed over.
blkwingangel chapter 16 . 1/26/2010
when i saw your name, i knew i recognized it, but i couldn't figure out where. and then i saw the titles of your other works and then remembered. you were the only writer that i've read from labyrinth fiction that would write jareth as dark and evil as you've written him.

and this, this was just lovely and DARK. ugh, the darkness of it just overwhelmed me. my favourite scenes are the "dream" sequences, of where jareth seduces her and tries to get her to lose her memory. this is non-con at its best. so beautifully well-done.
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 16 . 1/10/2010
This is very nicely done, and so very dark. I love how you have it, tying in the historical with Labyrinth and explaining why it was so childish in the movie compared to what the old stories have told us of the fae.

I enjoyed this, and I enjoyed how Jareth would rather have her not remember anything, then have her break free of him. A very selfish, very *fae* thing to do.
artseblis chapter 11 . 12/20/2009
this is like one beautiful nightmare, or a terrifying heart's desire. awesome story. i'm almost afraid to reach the end of it.
Philodice chapter 5 . 12/15/2009
Beautiful. I like this.
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 16 . 11/11/2009
See now I found this follow up lovely, and ideal in length.

The story over all, prose and concept were wonderful, but to be honest I felt that the original story itself was a bit drawn out past where it could/should have ended. Not that you needed to changed the ending or eliminate points, just that there were some areas that kind of needlessly or aimlessly meandered or were repeated repeatedly. It reads beautifully, but you get a bit caught up in the imagery and prose and feelings in some areas and story progress kind of stops.

But enought of my critiquing and complaining, its still a lovely read!
Threatens and Adores chapter 16 . 10/25/2009
Wow, I read your story all in one sitting and let me tell you, it scared the hell out of me. In a totally good way, of course! It was refreshing to stumble across this story after reading many nice Jareth fics. Though I do personally like my moody but overall good guy Jareth best, I adored your version too (well...not in the sense that I would ever like to meet him..)

Anyway, this story was amazingly written and captured my interest from the get-go. I wish you best of luck in the future and hope to read more Labyrinth fics from you :]
beth chapter 16 . 10/15/2009
Excellent story, just read all of the chapters in the course of a month and I keep coming back to it. Graceful writing that really sets a vivid image in your head accompanied by the empathy the reader feels for Sarah.

Please, I beg of you, write another chapter if you can. Fan art of your fanfiction will be in mass abundance.
Kaylee Diane chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
Oh my gosh. All I can say is WOW. I love the faerie you put into this! How everything fits is amazing. Your take on Jareth is probably the most original I have seen and really puts a spin on everything I loved when I first saw the movie. You make everything seem so REAL.
Almaseti chapter 16 . 9/10/2009
This is a really interesting, really intense fic. I couldn't stop reading it.
Bree chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
I've read this before, but I couldn't help reading it again.

~sighs~ This is one of the most beautifully chilling stories I ever read. You are such a great writer! The Labyrinth fandom is awesome on it's own, but with stories like these it's phenomenol. I really feel for Sarah, yet I could see why Jareth is such an temptation. The description of Jareth's inhumaness is actually worked with and expressed something that's not done to well in some stories.
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 15 . 9/2/2009
Oh! PS. I forgot to add something- I loved the ending with the bird, I'm assuming it is her soul right? He has her very essence trapped, from what I gathered. Anyway, brilliantly done!
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 14 . 9/2/2009
This is the best dark Labyrinth fic I have ever read! You put the right amount of suspense, mystery, horror, and emotions for everything! I'm speechless!

I wasn't so sure to read it at first, knowing how dark it would be and how different it is from other fics. But I loved it- I always imagined Jareth to be dark and twisted like he is, and Sarah would dig herself a fine hole from the beginning. In fact, I'm not even sure if there is anything I thought you should have changed or any errors.

The dark theme is so fascinating- no, enchanting! This must have taken you a long time to plan out and to write, and bravo!

Guten Nacht!