Reviews for Erlkönig
GargoyleGirl chapter 16 . 1/29/2015
Wow. I just recently started reading Labyrinth fanfic (your My True Love Gave to Me was one of the first!) and while the fangirl me loves the ooey gooey ones where Sarah and Jareth are happily ever after, tra-la-la, this story stands out and is just so amazing. Your dark portrayal of Jareth is well written; even as I hate him for being so evil and selfish in his pursuit of Sarah, when you revealed his motivations I could still feel some sympathy for him. The cycles of Sarah's defiance do seem a little repetitive, though it is delightfully horrifying in how each event brings her a tiny bit closer to understanding (I kept telling my monitor "No! Don't you see what he's doing?!") though never fast enough. I really have to go read the rest of your Labyrinth stuff now, and am very much so looking forward to it!
klong chapter 16 . 12/22/2014
Wow... Just, wow... That was awesome... Don't know what else to say... That was freaking awesome...
crazyfan17 chapter 16 . 12/17/2014
This was totally AWESOME and dark. I love it! I love the plot, how you wrote the characters and the settings :-)
Born in 20th Century chapter 14 . 11/27/2014
Thanks for sharing this enthralling tale - it's out of the ordinary, and I loved your writing style - the vivid imagery, descriptive language, and references to literature and music - it was all absolutely amazing; thank you for writing this!
Victoria chapter 16 . 10/9/2014
I have read this story twice and I can tell you that I find it haunting. Seriously, I read it last night and could not get to sleep. I had to read it again today.

It's incredible how you're able to make Sarah's disorientation transfer to the reader. I felt like I was there with her in the cold, fighting for survival. Every time she would make ground in bringing herself back to reality, Jareth was there to pull the rug out from under her feet, plunging her back into confusion. I was on the edge of my seat.

My eyes misted a little for her when she lost and her heart broke. I started crying when Toby blamed himself.

And then there was the Goblin King. I felt chills of confusion every time Jareth spoke. Love? Hate? I had so many confusing feels. I can see why Sarah had a hard time of it. Oh yeah, I got the sense he was a right bastard, but at the same time... Geez, I know he's evil. I mean, he's doing some damningly evil stuff to Sarah, but he masks it with pretty words and a tenderness that shadows out his true plans.

And his possessiveness! I know it grew from his love/obsession, but DAMN, he won't even consider what damage he's doing to Sarah by forcing her. Not to mention how contemptuous his behavior is when she tells him she'll never forgive him. That asshole says he loves her, but he has a messed up way of showing it.

*calming breath

Listen at me...getting angry at a fictional character. Just more proof that you've done a damn fine job with this story. Thanks for your hard work. You've done fantastically.
SparklesJustReads chapter 16 . 10/6/2014
So I didn't even have an account on before - I just lurked and read. I literally created this account to review this story! And even though there are nearly 500 reviews already... I still feel compelled to let you know how fantastic this story is...

I have read this story over and over... It is THE BEST Labyrinth Fan Fiction I've ever read. You've captured Jareth so perfectly... He's definitely not the same Jareth we see in the movie, but he has evolved so realistically (being bound to this girl against his will, the years of trying to break it, the way he talks and treats Sarah now that she's an adult).

It's so beautifully dark and tragic... Ch. 16... The struggle never ends, does it? Sarah obviously lost this battle, but can she win the war? Can't she just except her new beautiful "life" ... Isn't that easier? Could it be so bad (sounds fantastic to me!)? But Sarah has always been so strong willed... And I suppose if it's really not what you want, you'd keep fighting, too... So is her will enough to break this enchantment over her? Who cares! The story is perfect. And I'll keep reading it over and over.
nekochan1994 chapter 12 . 9/6/2014
crying
nekochan1994 chapter 11 . 9/5/2014
What's going on?!
nekochan1994 chapter 9 . 9/5/2014
TT-TT I really hate Jareth right now. Please don't let Sarah die!
nekochan1994 chapter 8 . 9/5/2014
1.) That was a little ridiculous of her to say she can change the fate of children who grew up & died.

2.) Is that really Toby?
nekochan1994 chapter 6 . 9/5/2014
I vote Sarah gets away. - Please?
nekochan1994 chapter 5 . 9/5/2014
I knew it. And I expect the situation will only escalate
nekochan1994 chapter 4 . 9/5/2014
very scary!
nekochan1994 chapter 3 . 9/5/2014
... Officially creeped out.
nekochan1994 chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
I honestly thought that Toby was going to be the target. *shudder*
519 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »