Reviews for Erlkönig
Crysith chapter 8 . 5/5/2007
Loving every moment of this, keep it coming! Update soon! :D
Crysith chapter 7 . 5/5/2007
Keep it coming please!
Solea chapter 8 . 5/5/2007
(Solea speaks directly to Subtilior's characters): Oh, Jareth. Most women like things like kids and little fluffy animals so showing Sarah a bunch of kids you've charmed over a cliff probably won't help you get into her pants. (Sighs gently at the vagaries of Faerie folk.)

(Solea switches back to Subtilior): I have to laugh at Jareth's tactics, but I love the fic. I think you've done an exceptional job of keeping the horror atmosphere and yet using it to segue into Jareth's seduction of Sarah. When he changed the tune to suit an adult woman, I had to admit my admiration for what you were doing.

Sarah should have played a little more poker. She practically handed Jareth the key to her compliance by bringing up Toby. On the other hand, I could completely see why Jareth is so in love with her when she stood up an SNARLED at him like that. Even though the experience will be excruciatingly painful for her, she'll fit right in with the denizens of Faerie.

I especially loved the moment where Jareth picked up the tire iron and PLAYED with it. That's enough to scare the hell out of ya. Then mocking Sarah's perception of his realm like that! No friendly fluffy animals here thankyouverymuch! The only noticeable omission from his monologue was the ballroom, but in the movie, that scene was Jareth's creation, not Sarah's. Interesting how it is the most like the way you have described Jareth's environment in this fic. It looked romantic on the surface, but you could tell that Sarah was frightened out of her wits in that scene.

At first, I was surprised that he would give up on seduction so easily, but then...I wasn't. Jareth is not a patient man. After all, why should he be? Plus, patience is for mystery and suspense. Patience has no place in most horror stories. :)

Questions: Why is his touch so cold and why does he keep diving for Sarah's throat? Is he a vampire? (He seems so much more than undead!) Is it merely that Sarah cannot accept his touch in her human form? I keep wondering if everything she sees is truly as awful as it seems or if the horror is a by-product of her resistance. Jareth basically admitted the children were just illusions. Did he really charm them to their death or take them away to Faerie all those years ago? Maybe they got that golden world after all, but Sarah can only see death from her perspective. Is that golden world the same thing as death from a human perspective?

This whole fic reminds me of another story I once read about two men who watched another cross over into death. They watched the man walk away with one leg on golden grasses and another leg in a swirling abyss and simulataneously thought "How beautiful!" and "How horrible!" That is the sense I get from your writing about Faerie.

Seems to me that the golden haired child is an illusion and not Toby. Sarah...our adorable woodland animal, will follow it, won't she?
poeteer chapter 8 . 5/5/2007
Ah update soon!
Imbrium chapter 8 . 5/5/2007
I want to say, right off the bat, that this is one of my favorite stories - the plot is interesting, and original, and the characters seem like they are themselves, even though you're taking them in a new direction.

I think, too, that you have a unique way of incorporating previous mythology into the Labyrinth universe, in part, I think, because you're drawing on a different tradition-Germanic, rather than Celtic-and in part because you're writing a darker Jareth, which I just love.

I do wonder, though: when you credit Browning at the end of this chapter, might you also add that you've got a line of Marlowe in there.
aeenc chapter 8 . 5/5/2007
another great chapter
Skyrere chapter 8 . 5/5/2007
Oh my god this is killing me.

Why the cold? Will you explain the cold to me? I fear that I may not figure it out myself.

This is fantastic. I eagerly await the next installment.

baited breath.

HAHAHAHA... totaly off topic. My dog just ate a fresh sweetpea pod. LOL
Lyss chapter 8 . 5/5/2007
I love your speedy updates. *hearts*
yodeladyhoo chapter 8 . 5/5/2007
Oh, I knew that ! Fangirl squeal here of " THE PIPE PIPER OF HAMLIN ! " Loved it. But you forgot that the one that was left behind because he couldn't keep up due to a broken foot or leg or he was disabled.

Faboulous.

More, please.
yodeladyhoo chapter 7 . 5/5/2007
Pacing is important. You can't have a reader running on high tension the entire time. Then there there is no jump when the bad guy goes " Boo ! " because you're constantly expecting it. You need to lull the suspense so that the " Boo ! " has more punch.

I'm only sitting halfway in my seat for this chapter.

More please.
Pika-la-Cynique chapter 7 . 5/5/2007
OMG, stuck out in the winter woods with a flat battery and no signal. And the Erlkonig bearing down on her, of course. ohmygod ack. Downright scary.

the atmospherics are _just_fine_. The interrupted writing totally reflects her shot nerves and panicked thoughts. This all flows very well and Sarah's reactions are impressively natural. Toby belting out the meatball song-bwahaha, that works as comic relief all right... and then wham, we're right back in the heart-pounding dark forest scary stuff.

This remains horrific brilliance.
In2thedarkness18 chapter 7 . 5/5/2007
I really am enjoying this story, please update asap!
phoenixkid chapter 7 . 5/5/2007
aw...man! it was getting good! anyways story is great! update soon! - i would be scare if i were sarah
Lyss chapter 7 . 5/5/2007
-waits around for chapter 8-
A Poor Player chapter 7 . 5/5/2007
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite Labyrinth fanfictions. :)

It's amazing.