Reviews for Erlkönig
comical freaka chapter 16 . 3/16/2014
This was a glorious story.. bravo bravo! Blew my mind.
maelmorda chapter 14 . 1/24/2014
Dear Subtilior,

I think you broke my brain. I was reading this masterpiece for the third time, when something occurred to me. I notice "Erlkönig was published before "Shards of a Dream". Yet in chapter 13 - Komm, geh mit mir', you wrote:

"Sarah shivered, as she looked him directly in the eye - for the first time - no - she thought - the first time standing up -"

Is this an allusion to what happened in SoaD?

This story nails it. It's intriguing, and frightening, and sexy, and the end is set up so beautifully. You did a fantastic job and I heartily thank you.
Detafo chapter 7 . 12/1/2013
Definitely loving it so far!
Detafo chapter 2 . 11/30/2013
You've got me interested :) I was linked here from an art piece that someone did on dA... I'm a HUGE Jareth/Sarah fan, so I'm off to read more!
Monki-Neko chapter 14 . 11/2/2013
wow. this was...a really confusing, captivating, sinister road you took us on but one that i would read again. im still not sure about a lot of things but i guess your next chapter was posted just for that reason, wasn't it?
MitternachtXEngel chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
This is by far the best fan fiction I have read to date. You have a fantastic, unique style that is very refreshing, and your diction is positively delicious. The story itself is wonderfully dark and I think that it is definitely the right way to write a "grown up" Labyrinth tale. The feel of reality being mixed with a lucid dream that never ends stays true to the original, but the themes go far deeper and are much more complex, not to mention sinister.
Who wouldn't love love to see this in a visual adaptation?
I wish I would have found this sooner so that I could review when you were actively writing. Still, I feel justified in giving praise where it is due. Bravo.
Gute Arbeit.
Alles Gute!

Jalen Strix chapter 14 . 9/1/2013
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I absolutely adored the twining of the story with the Erlkonig words. I also completely hear you on the difficulty of writing good smut - but, oh, how fantastic this was! Breath-taking. And I'm in love with the ending, with Sarah in her mostly memoryless state, and Jareth softened somewhat now that he has her absolutely. Simply glorious.
Ellen Weaver chapter 16 . 8/24/2013
This story is thick and rich and beautiful. I especially appreciate the way in which the music/poetry of De Erlkonig neatly interlocks with the Labyrinth story-not just in terms of Toby's abduction and the threat of symbolic death of his "transformation" in the film, but also in Sarah's symbolic death by her heroic leap in the final moments of the film. What this story does is elaborate upon (in an excellently tragic way) the seductive lure of the Elf-King, which is positioned as death, or a sojourn in the land of death.

I am so angry at that wicked king, though. Damn you, Jareth. There aren't nearly enough stories where his wickedness gets fairly paid out. But it's deliciously refreshing to see a story in which he's given full rein as an absolutely evil, utterly inhuman, seductively deadly creature.

Thank you. This story has long been in my favorites file, and for good reason.
SwtColey chapter 16 . 7/19/2013
I just want to say, that this is an extremely beautifully executed, deeply sad and unsettling story. I really really love this story, and i read it all in one go. I really hope you continue your work.

Honoria Granger chapter 14 . 4/21/2013
That was magnificent. Absolutely amazing. I bow to your achievement. One of the best things I have read here, easily. If you are not a writer by profession, you darn well should be. Thank you for the extreme pleasure of this work.
Honoria Granger chapter 5 . 4/21/2013
Unfluffy yay! This is quite extraordinarily good...many cuts above regular fanfic. You have a gift; thank you for sharing.
blaumeow chapter 6 . 3/24/2013
Amazing! Amazing doesn't even sum it up! Love this story!
Sin of the Fallen chapter 6 . 3/15/2013
This isn't my usual cup of tea. Not even close. But I think you have a lovely way of writing so thanks for posting!
SasoriTactic chapter 14 . 2/5/2013