Reviews for Erlkönig
j'aime.volonte chapter 16 . 5/30/2014
Wonderful. Thank you!
HeyiyaIf chapter 2 . 5/14/2014
Very VERY well written, and intelligently too.
I don't know if you know the Rammstein installation of the Erlkönig tale. It's on their 'Reise, Reise' album. For some inexplicable reason the song is titled 'Dalai Lama' but it IS, in fact, a telling of the Erlkönig legend, in a modern fashion.
Guest chapter 16 . 5/6/2014
Are you ever going to write a sequel? This is such an awesome story. Please don't give up or leave
Guest chapter 16 . 5/1/2014
How did this story evade me for ALL THESE YEARS?! I thought I had read every single one on here but I stumbled upon it through tumblr today and, well... wow. Im left feeling disgusting and yet weirdly satisfied. What an excellent way to spend this evening. Excuse me while I creep all over your profile in search for more :]
Elisabeta.Gray chapter 13 . 4/24/2014
I really enjoy when a labyrinth fanfic have celtic folk, and yours dear is everyting and more that i expected!
EarthyMeadow chapter 16 . 4/23/2014
Amazing just amazing. Its original n something ive never read before. I felt the horror and suspence as i read through the chapters. I love how dark jareth can be. I don't understand why sarah wasn't accepting him even from the beginning but then again jareth didn't make it easy by freezing her half to death and then to death. I also want to slap sarah for acting like a brat and bot taking responsibility for making him love her. I love how you played the story out and the concept but i want to slap sarah sometimes lol i wish she wasn't so stubborn to begin with and jareth had wooed her instead of scaring her. When he tried to sweetly persuade she should have gone with him but she should have said i want to see my family one last time before i go hence she would have taken toby home. And maybe she could have visited her fanily. She finds him attractive after all and which guy compares to jareth, am i right? So if she tried she might have fallen for him as dark as he is. He's so dark and beautiful i would run off with him...i might be a fool for doing so but i love dark characters that know how to create suspense, obsess over the woman, are romantic and madly in love with the woman (wish it was me lol). Your plots gave it substance but maaaybe just maaaayyybee in a sequel it can start out dark but eventually jareth begins to understand how much he wants the real sarah and not a zombie version of her who he has wrapped around his finger. He starts to crave for sarahs actual personality and goes through the trouble of trying to win her heart somehow than just to possess her. And because of his numerous efforts sarah might accept him gradually and truly become his queen at heart. One of his efforts could include saving sarahs mother and bringing her back from the river of her death to live with her. Again i think the story you wrote was amazing and i wouldn't change it. I love the way you wrote in this story and i want more! I wish you'd continue after all these years. I also crave for acceptance between them and love to grow between them eventually. Somehow i can't feel fully satisfied until sarah accepts jareth. This story is one of my favourites and the genre is perfect. I wish there will be a sequel where they'd accept each other and fall in love. Your a talented writer so whatever you write we readers would love to read more on this story. Im glad i discovered this story recently and didn't have to wait for uploads. I got goosebumps reading it lol. Can't tell you how much i've enjoyed it and thanks for writing it. I hope your muse or inspiration helps you write more on this. Perhaps you could write paragraphs on the ideas you already had and new ideas on how to make them finally properly fall in love and connect them togerther. Even if you wrote just a few long chapters i'd be satisfied with that. Again thank you for writing and good luck with everything. Will be checking out your other stories. PS. I wish your version of jareth was real! He wouldn't be so scary if sarah didn't constantly reject accept him straight away hehehe. Love jareth! Plus look how dark and mysterious he is in this story. Can't resist. Gimme! Hahahahaaa
animegus farmus chapter 14 . 4/18/2014
This be quite a story. Dark tone, great imagery, the spell of words that just wefted their way along. I know something of the story of the song, so I had a fairly good idea of the ending, but the writing was so well executed that knowing what was coming did not matter at all - though I did wonder for a while if Sarah was going to manage a bittersweet ending (heavy emphasis on the bitter) by managing to keep herself safe from Jareth by heading into that final goodnight whither he could not follow. Instead we got a bittersweet ending (still heavy emphasis on the bitter) of a different sort. An interesting read.
comical freaka chapter 16 . 3/16/2014
This was a glorious story.. bravo bravo! Blew my mind.
maelmorda chapter 14 . 1/24/2014
Dear Subtilior,

I think you broke my brain. I was reading this masterpiece for the third time, when something occurred to me. I notice "Erlkönig was published before "Shards of a Dream". Yet in chapter 13 - Komm, geh mit mir', you wrote:

"Sarah shivered, as she looked him directly in the eye - for the first time - no - she thought - the first time standing up -"

Is this an allusion to what happened in SoaD?

This story nails it. It's intriguing, and frightening, and sexy, and the end is set up so beautifully. You did a fantastic job and I heartily thank you.
Detafo chapter 7 . 12/1/2013
Definitely loving it so far!
Detafo chapter 2 . 11/30/2013
You've got me interested :) I was linked here from an art piece that someone did on dA... I'm a HUGE Jareth/Sarah fan, so I'm off to read more!
Monki-Neko chapter 14 . 11/2/2013
wow. this was...a really confusing, captivating, sinister road you took us on but one that i would read again. im still not sure about a lot of things but i guess your next chapter was posted just for that reason, wasn't it?
MitternachtXEngel chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
This is by far the best fan fiction I have read to date. You have a fantastic, unique style that is very refreshing, and your diction is positively delicious. The story itself is wonderfully dark and I think that it is definitely the right way to write a "grown up" Labyrinth tale. The feel of reality being mixed with a lucid dream that never ends stays true to the original, but the themes go far deeper and are much more complex, not to mention sinister.
Who wouldn't love love to see this in a visual adaptation?
I wish I would have found this sooner so that I could review when you were actively writing. Still, I feel justified in giving praise where it is due. Bravo.
Gute Arbeit.
Alles Gute!

Jalen Strix chapter 14 . 9/1/2013
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I absolutely adored the twining of the story with the Erlkonig words. I also completely hear you on the difficulty of writing good smut - but, oh, how fantastic this was! Breath-taking. And I'm in love with the ending, with Sarah in her mostly memoryless state, and Jareth softened somewhat now that he has her absolutely. Simply glorious.
Ellen Weaver chapter 16 . 8/24/2013
This story is thick and rich and beautiful. I especially appreciate the way in which the music/poetry of De Erlkonig neatly interlocks with the Labyrinth story-not just in terms of Toby's abduction and the threat of symbolic death of his "transformation" in the film, but also in Sarah's symbolic death by her heroic leap in the final moments of the film. What this story does is elaborate upon (in an excellently tragic way) the seductive lure of the Elf-King, which is positioned as death, or a sojourn in the land of death.

I am so angry at that wicked king, though. Damn you, Jareth. There aren't nearly enough stories where his wickedness gets fairly paid out. But it's deliciously refreshing to see a story in which he's given full rein as an absolutely evil, utterly inhuman, seductively deadly creature.

Thank you. This story has long been in my favorites file, and for good reason.
510 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »