Reviews for His Own Patch of Earth
lluviabrillante chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
Holy shit. What the fuck. My mind. I wasn't prepared for all this depressing fic this morning but shit. This is so depressing and eerie. ED. NO. GET THE FUCK OUT. Shit.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/16/2012

This is honestly amazing
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
What have you done? I sit here and stare at the screen and can't even formulate sounds, let alone words. My throat has closed up and my eyes are wide but refuse to close, move away, or cry. I don't understand how you can write things this powerful. I am lost in the words you write and follow the mood you create and was the most tragic thing I've read. I mean... just LOOK and this story. I... want to cry. This. I can't handle this. Oh gosh, but I can't stop. I'm addicted to your writing but half of the things you write have me tearing up. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Esreque chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Freedom Heiress chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
I am crying so hard right now you would not belive it. I am just bawling, so sad, so beautiful. He just excepted it just like that. I'm in awe of your writing talents. I don't know when I'm going to be able to stop crying. The entire time I'm just going "please don't do it, please don't do it they would welcome you back I know!" but I truly see how that option made sense as well and that's why I'm so affected by this. I can only imagine what Al's reaction would be when he found him.
black pudding chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This is so beautiful... And incredibly described. I'm sorry I can't say anything about your language, but I'm not a native speaker, so I will settle with the content:)

I'd say, this was an incredible idea, and the open ending was a really good one, because the reader has so much to imagine: The reactions of Alphonse and his family, the consequences, ... Also, Ed lying in an open grave in the middle of winter is a beautiful picture. That leaves the argument on whether or not Edward would react in this exhausted way and truly give up, but I think that with the care Edward shows for his brother it would be almost sure that he would let them (Al and his family) live on without him. I think, he probably would just make sure that Al is living happily (for this I could imagine him watching the happy family through a window or such) and then go his own way, but that would be an entirely difernet story.

Please, don't mind the crappy review and just know that I found your story great;DD
Solisortiri chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
That's really depressing. My chest is literally hurting. How could he finally come back just to die? A sadder ending I know not. Beautifully written, though it has me shaking and disturbed. Wow. I knew there was a reason I hate's just too damn sad! Angst is fine though.

This is going to be clouding my mind all day. Poor Ed, freezing to death in his own grave. So, so sad.
eniale chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
Oh dear. Oh how creepy and disturbing this is! I kept shuddering and gasping and oh this is so... wrong. What a great story, to get so much emotion out of a reader!

After Edward finds his grave, I want to believe that he decides differently. However, if this had a happy ending, the story wouldn't be half this capturing.

The morbidity warning was most definitely needed... ;)
serenphoria chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Holy crap! I'm so disturbed! I couldn't look away, even as I knew that everything could only be driving towards one ending. Gah!
Sal chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
I'm crying. This terrifies me, although I'm not sure I can rightly say why. Beautifully written, and quite, quite terrifying. It's shocking, and sad, and morbid, and bitter, and I can actually see this happening, which is what terrifies me.

I feel sorry for Ed, feeling so rejected and abandoned, and for Alphonse, who probably never thought that his brother would ever see his own grave... One of the best stories I've read on this site. Well done.
chalicity chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
*chokes* awful! so wonderfully written and TERRIBLY SAD but so GOOD, but! but...! *sniffles* TT_TT
Mayuna chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
That was one of the saddest stories I have ever read. The suspense of Ed digging up his grave had me biting down on my lip. Wonderfully written, awesome job
miroku-has-darkness chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
that's a little creepy but good job
rockpaperscissor chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
This was... nice. Very well written, very well portrayed. I'd hate it for you to leave it like this, though. Could you maybe write a second chapter - someone (Al? Winry? Roy?) finding Ed lying there? You COULD make it a happy ending and have him wake up... or not...
HughesHanajimaHilariaHypocrite chapter 1 . 4/27/2007