Reviews for by any other name
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 1 . 7/9
FAR OUT! LOL! GROOVY! However, why not shake up things at the old one-two by a visit from Danny Muldoon? He's the Chicago P.D. patrolman played by the late John Candy, with the domineering Irish mother played by the late Maureen O'Hara in the 1991 comedy "ONLY THE LONELY". Info in the film's dialogue indicated that he knew a guy in the Bronx, and would put in for a transfer up there. Anyway, once in a while, Danny could pull duty at the 12TH whenever he ain't hanging out with cousin Francis of the old five-three of "CAR 54, WHERE ARE YOU?". Besides, didn't you ever watch any John Candy movies years ago?
dracsmith chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I thought you did a great job of portraying Barney all worked up, just like he would periodically get on the series!

But my favorite part was the list at the end - or more specifically, the way that the various suggestions really reflected the characters, and how Harris's dry comments on them were very much in character for him! I liked how he was surprised that Wojo had a good one, and how he thought Dietrich's second suggestion was "too PBS"!
RA'AY'MOND chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Sorry that the spelling of Ridlyn was not to your liking. I have found several various ways to spell that word. I chose the first one that I saw.

Ironically enough, multiple spellings fit in perfectly with the title of this story. :-)

As far as the time-line goes, I have given much thought as to whether or not to keep the stories in the seventies and early eighties. I have decided to make MOST of the fics modern day. If you prefer a correct time line, you should write some Barney Miller stories during the shows original airdate.

We desperately need more of these stories on this site. This could be your big chance to write them the way that you want.

Regards,

Ra'Ya'Mond.
Allen Booth chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
First of all, "Ridlyn" is a misspelling of "Ritalin". Secondly, in 1982, when "Barney Miller" went off the air and the 12th Precinct had been disbanded, nobody had heard of Ritalin.
Shoshana Zavinsky chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
Thrilled to find a Barney Miller story - my favorite show in the history of the world. Now, write more, lots lots more!