Reviews for by any other name
dracsmith chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I thought you did a great job of portraying Barney all worked up, just like he would periodically get on the series!

But my favorite part was the list at the end - or more specifically, the way that the various suggestions really reflected the characters, and how Harris's dry comments on them were very much in character for him! I liked how he was surprised that Wojo had a good one, and how he thought Dietrich's second suggestion was "too PBS"!
RA'AY'MOND chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Sorry that the spelling of Ridlyn was not to your liking. I have found several various ways to spell that word. I chose the first one that I saw.

Ironically enough, multiple spellings fit in perfectly with the title of this story. :-)

As far as the time-line goes, I have given much thought as to whether or not to keep the stories in the seventies and early eighties. I have decided to make MOST of the fics modern day. If you prefer a correct time line, you should write some Barney Miller stories during the shows original airdate.

We desperately need more of these stories on this site. This could be your big chance to write them the way that you want.

Regards,

Ra'Ya'Mond.
Allen Booth chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
First of all, "Ridlyn" is a misspelling of "Ritalin". Secondly, in 1982, when "Barney Miller" went off the air and the 12th Precinct had been disbanded, nobody had heard of Ritalin.
jennifer ryan chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
Thrilled to find a Barney Miller story - my favorite show in the history of the world. Now, write more, lots lots more!