Reviews for Rules for Living on Serenity
BritishPixie chapter 6 . 9/22/2008
*cackles* I love it! I can't think of anything right now, but I'm sure that I'll wake up in the middle of the night and go "THAT'S IT!" and write it down before I forget.
SerenitysBelly chapter 6 . 6/29/2008
How about some Jubal Early related rules?

If you're a bounty hunter and plan on boarding Serenity, take your spaceship key with you and lock the doors.

If you're a bounty hunter holding a doctor hostage on Serenity, remember that his sister cannot be a ship. It's just not possible, unless they had a very strange childhood.

If you're a bounty hunter who has boarded Serenity, talk less; nobody knows what you're on about.

Or passenger/trespasser/guest related rules:

If you're an Alliance mole on board Serenity, don't shoot the mechanic. Everyone will hate you and the captain just might shoot you when you're not expecting it.

If you're a new passenger on board Serenity, don't go to the cargo bay without an escort, unless you like being punched.

If you're a doctor on Serenity, don't leave your surgical tools laying around, you never know when you might pick up a Reaver from a salvage operation.

If you're an Alliance grunt searching for the Tams on Serenity, they are not hiding under the placemats. (I always laugh at this scene in Bushwhacked where you're looking down at the search in progress from the windows above the dining room area.)

If you're a small-time crimelord on board Serenity, watch out for diversions, especially if they let Jayne get nekkid.

I don't know, just some ideas, maybe they'll inspire something in you. :)
Mint Tea Rose chapter 6 . 6/27/2008
dude, love it! Either one is great, i would recommend twilight, because that seems to have the biggest fanbase, but there is much more miyazaki out there. I'll leave it up to you and you know you can always come to me for inspiration, i'll help anyway that I can. Keep on writing,

~me
Kumquat Emmy chapter 6 . 6/27/2008
You should definitely do another list! Twilight and Miyazaki films... add Firefly to that and you've got three of my favorite things! :D The list gave me a few good laughs. Keep it up!
12 Withering Roses chapter 6 . 6/27/2008
Hey...thanks for using my suggestion! And for saying my name is cool! (Is happy). Here's a couple more:

Never, EVER watch commercials depicting colourful, probably radioactive health food bars, on the off chance that the government ACTUALLY IS putting subliminal messages into your head and trying to trigger dormant ninja-like abilities. Not to mention the fact that they're like a horrible acid trip and likely to drive you insane anyway.

Never try to restrain the crazy girl during a fit of rage. It could result in your ultimate sterility AND it will end up hurting you. A lot. Especially if you're the weapons fanatic, because then it hurts your ego as well as your manly parts.
Flowerfairy30 chapter 6 . 6/27/2008
LOL! Thank you for using my ideas. I thought of one more

If you rent the shuttle, don't expect the captain to knock before entering, no matter how many times you tell him to.
Boombaye chapter 6 . 6/27/2008
Star Wars.

It's huge and just about everybody gets it as long as you don't stray too far from the most iconic characters whose names everyone has heard of.

You misspelled 'protocols'.

The only droid you should ever trust is the one that yells "Die ! Jedi Dogs !"

If you see something bigger than a Womp Rat charging at you, dodge it. Jango died so unceremoniously when he was mauled by a giant horned cow.

Never forget the importance of a conveniently placed exhaust port.

Stormtroopers are not just incapable of shooting the broad side of a barn, they are also incapable of shooting the barn even if they were standing inside it.

"It's a trap !" It was at this point, when Captain Obvious was promoted to Admiral Obvious.

Don't judge that Green Gnome/Elf by his size.

Tatooine is just a lot of sand with rocks sticking out. Proven Fact.

Let me get this straight, he just 'happened' to crash his fighter in just the right, foggy swamp, on an a boggy planet where sensors barely worked with a well placed Jedi Master right there ? And that Jedi Master was the one he was looking for ?

Never upset a Wookie.

Ramming your fighter into the bridge of a 1 kilometer long super spaceship will kill it. Too bad nobody is brave or stupid enough to try this willingly.

Father has tried to kill Son on more than a few occasions.

Don't trust people with capes. Examples include Darth Vader, Darth Malak, Darth Revan, Lando Cal-something and Darth Tyranus and just about every male Darth since the beginning of time.

I got a little carried away when I tried to give you a 'few' examples.
12 Withering Roses chapter 5 . 6/26/2008
LOL! That was one of the most amazing things I've ever read. Here's one:

If you're in the middle of a glorified fistfight with a ninja-like Alliance official, it's always fun to count how many ways you should have died already.

Just a thought...lol. I've always found it funny how many times Mal should have died in that scene. Anyway...keep up the amazingly brilliant work!

Cat.
Mint Tea Rose chapter 5 . 6/25/2008
Okie dokie, here goes. Loved this latest edition. There was only one spot where the grammar was a bit akward. Rule 10 on the last page "by the everyone's need". Hope this helps, keep writing

-me
phantomcranefly chapter 5 . 6/20/2008
Oh, I love these! I discovered Firefly a few months ago, and it's my new favorite TV show. Are you still accepting submissions? My brother and I came up with one together:

Do not let the captain use your engines as a weapon. If he insists on it, make him clean it up.

It's not quite the same tone as yours, but still funny, I think.

My favorite from this page is "Enjoy every moment of life. Sure, the Alliance is inches away from discovering you and thrusting you back into mental torture, but heck, you got to go on a spacewalk!"

I love that scene, where River is really happy (for once) and just all "Ooh! Stars!", and Simon is either really worried about getting caught, or having a little bit of vertigo. Very well-done, and in about half a minute with no dialogue.
beyondbettyjean chapter 5 . 6/19/2008
Very funny . I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Illyriel chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
Started me off giggling, went on to chuckling, ended up laughing my head off!

Way to go! and wow, you kept this up for 5 chapters!

I'd be mighty grateful if you could keep updating this!

Illyriel
Flowerfairy30 chapter 5 . 6/18/2008
This list is wonderful. YOu asked for ideas;

THe rule about the crazy girl not touching guns is only valid when there are no reavers about. THis also applies to knives and other sharpe objects.

Never wear anything with the Blue Sun logo on it, you might end up getting your chest sliced open with a butcher's knife by the crazy girl.

Haveing faith is not the same thing as believing in God and is not the beginings of a sermin.

Book was not always a shepard, so don't be suprized when he knows more about alliance proticals than he should.
Boombaye chapter 5 . 6/18/2008
You have any idea how much I value this story ?

This story was the first I read when I first arrived here at Firefly Fanfiction !

Nothing else, you were the first !
MLynn1985 chapter 4 . 6/1/2008
I couldn't stop snickering throughout the whole thing. Will you be continuing this?
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »