Reviews for DNR
Brigid Tanner chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
That was beautiful. Lovely insight into John's thoughts and understanding of his sons. Glad to see you're planning more stories for John.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
I love it. Great look into John's thoughts. Catch ya on the flip side.
HAP chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Interesting viewpoint for this one - not that many IMTOD from John's POV. It really annoyed me in the episode that he didn't say anything to Dean in that first scene between them, but I think you've explored his thoughts pretty well here. And I like it that there was still a bit'o'Dean in the story too.

Can't tell you how excited I am to hear that you're winding up to another big story - excellent!
bjxmas chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
I loved IMTOD and really thought they covered all the bases and then you come up with this. Amazing! I love John and you really got inside his head. I loved his inner dialogue and how he does really know his boys. How Dean does fight him in his own subtle way that Sammy never realized and how John loves both his sons so much.

Him contemplating what he is willing to barter for Dean's life is riveting and then him working past how Dean will feel and how it is all for the best for both his boys. Just so much to think about here. Love it. Always great to see a comprehensive, insightful look into the mind of John Winchester.

And I loved the further insights into Red, one of my all time favs. Great to see John's thoughts on that. Thanks for a great read, B.J.
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
IMTOD is my favorite episode and I think I've read every story on fanfic relating to it.

I think you did an amazing job writing John, you kept him strong but still allowed us to see through some cracks in his armor...his boys are his weakness and I loved how you made that shine through.

Just one wondering, why did John sign the DNR paper, I can't understand that.

Anyway, loved the story, wish it had been longer, would have loved to see Dean and Sam's reaction to John signing those papers. Look forward to the next story!
Maz101 chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Gorgeous of course and, once again, original. How do you do that! New perspective, new insight, new depth. Can't wait for the new fic too. Congrats!
November'sGuest chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
You have such a unique way of wording things...and I really like it. If this is any hint of what's to come, count me in. I need to backtrack and read Dazzleland, first, lol.

Awesome job, I really enjoy reading your work.

Nicole
SciFiNutTX chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Really good fic. Really enjoyed it.
may7fic chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Damn, girl, that last line just killed me. I so enjoyed the little flashbacks to Red also and your insight into John's thoughts. I will wait with bated breath for your next fic, John's prominence in it definitely giving me something to look forward to.
Antigone11 chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
"The doctor picked up the clipboard. “A young man like this can do a world of good, even in his death. He’d want that, wouldn’t he? He’d want to help others.”"

OK, this really freaked me out. I know organ donation is a wonderful thing, but this doctor is talking about Dean as if THAT’S ALL HE IS. *shudder* I don’t know if you ever saw the show with Eric Close as basically a man’s consciousness put into a brand new engineered body, but it had a episode where people were abducted off the streets and killed for their organs and the abductors were just thrilled to end up with a body who could regenerate its organs. Creepy creepy creepy.

I liked the pacing of this. It was like following in the wake of a barge. Some visible disturbance on the surface, but lots of churning underneath. It felt character correct. John was somewhat reflective, but always turned his thoughts back to the demon and back to the objective (trading the Colt for Dean). I can see that circular thought process being his MO since however long it took him to emerge from the mindless grief of Mary’s murder. His thoughts are worn deep by now.
historylover chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Oh. Man, tears in my eyes! What are you doing to me?

I so loved IMToD. One of my favorite SPN episodes ever.

Loved this one! That feels like John.

I, like many others, also wrote a tag for IMToD. I really liked yours, though.

Kat