Reviews for Better Than Me
DaniNatureGirl391 chapter 1 . 6/29
I love how vividly you described the characters' points of view. Everything fit them perfectly.
alive by grace chapter 1 . 4/16
This is so sweet, especially the ending. I loved all the little snippets and the characters you used.
novelreader chapter 1 . 3/28
That ending sums it all up between Anakin and Luke and Leia's adoptive parents. Anakin would make Luke and Leia like golden suns but he wouldn't be able to instill kindness and humbleness for those around. He might instigate a lot of his kids' bad traits that they inherited from him unknowingly. The man never really did properly grew up, and being the adventurer he was I don't think Luke and Leia would have had a stable childhood. But if Padme was alive, she would have raised them just as great, because Padme knows stability whereas Anakin not so much.
kalmaegi chapter 1 . 1/4
'She is more of her father than most give her credit for' Yay for that. Definitely her father's daughter. I like it when people notice beyond the resemblance just how the twins take after their parents. And while Anakin could probably have taught them better, he would need Padme and Obi-Wan and just about anyone else for the raising part.

Foolhardy Anakin. Like Obi-Wan, I frequently entertain what ifs whenever the Skywalker family is concerned. Owen is right, the renowned Negotiator would have been fixed by the Hero of No Fear. But old Ben wouldn't have needed it if his brother had't broken his heart.
meline387 chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
okay, that's really sad. I like how you wrotre the last part, when those are the last times Luke and Leia see them.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Oh, this is so lovely.
StarGirl chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
This story almost brought me to tears. "Anakin could have taught him better, but she wonders if he could raise him better." That is so poetic. It is written to make you think; yes Anakin could have taught them better, but raise them better? We will never know.
ibelieveintruelove chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I love this story! You have every important major character that influenced Luke and Leia's childhood, as well as a few minor ones that figured it out or were curious too. I loved the japor snippet jeweler! And I also liked that Bail and Beru, two of the most important parental figures, were the ones who were confident that even though Anakin might have been a better teacher, he may not have been able to raise them as well as they did. Excellent job!
alfalfaba chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
beautiful. very touching. I liked the different viewpoints. great job.
fath8252 chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
I really enjoyed this. Would you consider doing a companion piece about how they're like their mother? I wanted a little mention of her :]

Wonderful job on this...I love your work.
Rilwen-Shadowflame chapter 1 . 4/28/2008
Aw, I loved this. It was actually quite touching, especially the feelings of inadequacy on the part of those raising Luke and Leia.
Magus1108 chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
This was pretty good. Well written. I'm adding this to my favorites.
Aurinko chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
A wonderful story, integrating all the best in the oft-overlooked parents and guardians of the Skywalker twins. Sad and triumphant, both. Very well done.
Hyper-SpaceGrl chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
I loved this! Especially that you got the POV's of so many minor characters. I loved the part with Mon Mothma, one of my favorite minor characters ever.

I also loved the concluding parallels, and the conclusions you drew, with Bail and Beru watching Leia and Luke for the last times. So sad!

This story did well overall in analyzing both the weak AND strong points of Anakin's character. Excellent!
Valkyrie War Cry chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
this is a truly heartwarming fic. it was very well written.