Reviews for A Plague On Both Your Houses
WenDowney chapter 8 . 8/9/2012
This is my first time reading the story and i must say that i am in love with it. It was written beautifully and it shows that a lot of heart and work went into it. I saw very, very few misspelled words but quite honestly I wouldn't change a thing. Keep up the great work!
lori51 chapter 8 . 7/9/2011
Enjoyed everything about this story. Thank you.
housenme chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
I love the start of this. Your O/C rocks...can't wait to read what happens next.
hfspc chapter 8 . 1/13/2011
This story was A-MAZING! I love how House met his match and was so in character and believable. And the medical aspect of the story was so believable as well. It seems like you really DID do your research and took the time and effort necessary to make this one of the best fanfics I've read in a LONG LONG time. I'm so happy I found this one!
Pyewacket75 chapter 8 . 8/16/2010
Awesome story! Loved the banter between House and Riley, and the smut in the last few chapters was HOT! More smut please! :)
houseband chapter 8 . 4/25/2010
I just spent the entire Saturday reading this story for the second time. It was better than the first reading! And having an entire Gorby story where I didn't have to beg for the next chapter was wonderful. I had a rough week and this story was so therapeutic for me. Thanks for your writing because I spent a pain free day thanks to you. Thank you!
da3lech chapter 8 . 3/22/2010
Re-read! Still great!
Dimac99 chapter 8 . 3/15/2010
Fantastic story, loved it. The medical stuff certainly sounded very believable and really well researched.
NightmareAhead chapter 8 . 12/19/2008
As always, I loved it!
Carden88 chapter 8 . 12/7/2008
I really liked this story. I found it very entertaining. The writing was wonderfully descriptive. I could get a really good picture in my head of everything. I feel like the characters stayed true and the banter between House and Riley was thoroughly entertaining. Thanks for writing it. :)
whiteKnight15 chapter 8 . 11/28/2008
Love it! Wish there was a sequel or that it did not end at chapter eight.
Silverfox-825 chapter 8 . 10/20/2008
I love your story, it's beyond fantastic there's no way to describe it. If any one say's that this is isn't good then there is something wrong with them. Keep up the job well done; I can't wait to read more of you're stories.
stropity chapter 8 . 5/25/2008
Really enjoyed this story! I thought it was fun, entertaining and really well researched.
stropity chapter 7 . 5/25/2008
I am amazed as to the amount of research and accuracy in your story despite what the seventeen year old reviewer Dr.U.N. posted. I happen to know something on Ebola since my brother is an epidimiologist and I edit for Lancet and other medical journals.

1. The Wamba strain is supposed to be a newly discovered strain of Ebola (this is fiction-since this is a story.) However, the naming of the strain would be correct since strains are usually named after the location of their discovery. The vectors are also accurate.

2. The virus vaccine is currently being tested in Africa and it recently received the go ahead for additional testing (AdVac/PER.C6 Technology-Based Ebola Vaccine)

See: ScienceDaily (Mar. 31, 2008) — One of the world's deadliest diseases, caused by the Ebola virus, may finally be preventable thanks to US and Canadian researchers, who have successfully tested several Ebola vaccines in primates and are now looking to adapt them for human use.

3. And the "cure" that she uses for House is well known in AFrica. It doesn't work for everyone, but giving certain antibodies from a survivor to a patient has worked on many occasions. As a result there was a recent article in Lancet about it. Passive Transfer of Antibodies Protects Immunocompetent and Immunodeficient Mice against Lethal Ebola Virus Infection without Complete Inhibition of Viral Replication

Tamfum, a professor at Kinshasa University in Zaire, is also one of the world's leading virologists. In 1976, he helped identify the mysterious Ebola virus that killed 300 people.

The survivors of this latest outbreak lived because they received Tamfum's treatment. In the experimental treatment, the patients were given transfusions of blood from previous Ebola survivors.

So I respectfully disagree with the next poster. I asked my brother when I read this story about its accuracy and he said it had been well researched.

I am read the review because I have been going back through all the stories I read to find something that I wanted to ask the author about and saw this review.

Keep it up Gorblimey. You're doing a great job.
Doctor U. N. Owen chapter 7 . 5/25/2008
Doctor U. N. Owen has trouble believing how medically inaccurate this story is. Ebola "Wamba"? Are you high, or something? There is no Ebola "Wamba". For God's sake, go an research the virus or something, will you? You are making Doctor U. N. Owen physically sick.

And in case you're wondering, these are the ONLY types of Ebola:

Zaïre ebolavirus

Sudan ebolavirus

Reston ebolavirus

Tai (Ivory Coast) ebolavirus

Bundibugyo ebolavirus

No vaccines that work on humans (as of yet), no cure, and treatments for all types of Ebola so far only work on monkeys.

Go and research it.