Reviews for Biased
Tonks-is-cool chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Thank you, all true.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Sigh. I agree completely. What is with the archaic system in this Wizarding world?
SpencerReid chapter 1 . 4/23/2012
Uh, Gryphon it's you who is wrong. Snape DID warn Sirius but the bloke was too gunghoe to sit down and stay put.

And just because Sirius is nice to Potter does not make him 'good' or completely negate the fact that hes one of the most immature and mean douchebags in the book. Yes Snape is immature as well but at least he has a million reasons as to why he is instead of just being a dick for no reason.

I personally think the Azkaban stint was what he actually should have got when he almost killed Snape as a student. But hey, we all have opinions.
Gryphon's wing chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Well a good poem, but Sirius is not petty! Snape treats Harry like he's his Father. He's cruel to him. Plus you were WRONG about Snape warning Sirius about the Department of Mysteries. He didn't warn him. Get your facts right.
swanpride chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Interesting, but a very narrow view on the character...Harry does nothing to provoce Snape, but Hagrid gets provoced by Vernon AND makes Dudley a target because he tries to steal the cake (although Dudleys later fear of magic is very understandable considering that he ends up with a pig tail, a long tongue and nightmares from Dementors). McGonagall, although fair, reacts allwas very badly when their students are bringing themself in danger (ie by strolling through the school at night). And would have been really be better when she had said that she did not trust neville? I have allways seen it as safety precaution, tarned as punishment to spare Nevilles feelings. Sirius is a hypocrit, no question. But he was also in Azkaban for 12 years. He had no time to mature. While this is not an excuse, it is at last an understandable reason for the way he acts. Snape on the other hand has plenty of time to grow up, but he never does it. He is in the position of a teacher, therefor it is his job to be fair, and he does not even make an effort.
NevemTeve chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Did Snape really enjoy hurting and humiliating defenceless kids like Harry and Neville? Yes, he did, but that was not his only reason. Deep inside he felt (correctly) that he does not deserve anyone liking him, so he wanted to be sure, that it would never happen.
whitehound chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
Please ignore this peculiar giant review. This is just me testing out how the review system handles various text characters, as part of the ffn how to page I am working on at present.

!

a››

aœœ

ažž

aŸŸ

w. whitehound. co. uk/Fanfic/good underscore or underscore bad underscore Snape. htm

w . whitehound . co . uk / Fanfic / good underscore or underscore bad underscore Snape . htm

w dot whitehound dot co dot uk forward-slash Fanfic slash good underscore or underscore bad underscore Snape dot htm

whitehound at madasafish. com

whitehound at madasafish . com

whitehound at madasafish dot com

3wsstopwhitehoundstopcostopuk/Fanfic/good_or_bad_Snape . htm

3ws stop whitehound stop co stop / Fanfic / good_or_bad_Snape . htm

3ws stop whitehound stop co stop uk forward slash Fanfic slash good underscore or underscore bad underscore Snape stop htm

whitehound madasafish. com

whitehound madasafish . com

whitehound at madasafish. com

whitehound at madasafish . com

whitehound at madasafish stop com
RaineArilan chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
DAMN right!

While I am constantly defending my darling Snape, or at least trying to explain him, I have never managed to do so in such an elegant and concise manner.

I am floored.

:bows profusely:
PuddyTatt chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Very good I really agree!
Verity Brown chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
I think I like the concise version better. There's something Kipling-ish about it.
wynnleaf chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Your're right, the first one works a lot better as poetry. The last verse in particular as a fine cadence to it and particularly satisfying flow to the last line.

As regards that last verse, I do think it's interesting how many essays I've read in which readers feel that Snape's AKing of Dumbledore can only be evil, regardless of the intent; that there are some commands that shouldn't be obeyed; that the AK is always evil and therefore to use it for any reason must be evil. Yet Harry is quickly absolved because Dumbledore told him that Voldemort wouldn't intend someone to die immediately - as though that was the same as an assurance that the potions wouldn't kill Dumbledore *at all.* And when did Harry believe everything Dumbledore said anyway? So Harry gets absolved from following Dumbledore's order to what could and may have been Dumbledore's death, and Snape is considered evil for doing the same.

I agree with tearsofphoenix. I'm very hopeful that JKR will reveal a different view of the ethical nature of character's actions in her stories than what we've often been led to believe. But perhaps she never meant there to be more than the subtle comparisons and hints to alert the reader. I hope that's not the case, because clearly most readers aren't getting it.
Chemical Ghost chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
You do have a way with poetry...Very nice.

Kudos on your response to seomensnowlocke's essay, by the way - you really told them.
Golum chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Thank You.
tearsofphoenix chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Oh, I know from your chaptered stories that you have a gift for tunes and poetry, but this is amazing!

I've always attributed the not so little amount of JKR's black humour- that is to everyone's detriment, (think to the ferret, but thinks also to Padfoot eating rats and to the related comment by Ron and, speaking of Ron, to the Yule ball's dress...) - to two good reasons: first, the needing to play down every now and then and, second, a mocking side of the famous British humour that she has and that she shares with many others, Dahl is the first name that came to my mind.

But a disturbing third reason has always stayed in my perception of this wonderful series: the various behaviours, of which you here give a great interpretation and judgement, seem too often a way to satisfy the needing of vengeance that surely is hidden in the little readers but that is not unknown to the adults too.

I’m waiting DH for give, first of all through the destiny of Severus Snape, my ultimate judgement on this, hoping for the best and keeping faith on her, because if my feelings were right the deepest meaning of the books should be a sort of failure, a disappointment.

Thanks for this poetry, and for its longer version, I can’t say which I prefer, both are so beautiful. Lines like this:

" But my face and hair are seen as cause to shun." are like a blow in my heart.

And thanks for have answered, that time, to that essay posted as a ff, I enjoyed very much your long defence and that by Duj, is very good that now your can be read on your site, too.
duj chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
I agree completely, of course (although I don't know that anyone would describe Minerva's punishment as "good fun" exactly. OTOH, most people don't see it as anything out of the ordinary, even though it left him exposed to someone believed to be a crazed mass-murderer.) Snape is condemned for behaviour no worse, and frequently better, than other characters that are generally loved, apparently just because of his prickly nature and unfortunate hair, but he's the only teacher at the school who consistently keeps student safety in mind and he's as ready to give up his reputation as his life to save a student, even one he loathes. As far as I'm concerned, he's the only one worth tuppence at that school.

(BTW, if you thought seomensnowlocke's essay was annoying, wait till you get a review reply! It's like beating your head against a brick wall, painful and useless.)