Reviews for Deva 03: Academy Blues Side Stories
kinigget chapter 12 . 4/11
Dear gods she recreated Issei's Dress Break. May the heavens be merciful
Gateman chapter 8 . 6/15/2014
You should consider putting a Table of Contents into "Deva 03 Academy Blues Side Stories" organized by and listing when the chapters stop being spoilers.
pfeil chapter 5 . 4/25/2014
I will endeavour to include any typos I find in reviews from now on, rather than "bloody PM"s ;)

P.S. Good to see you back. I'm reading everything again and wholeheartedly enjoying it.
boomer sooner chapter 18 . 4/22/2014
"The Twins disobeyed orders!" Sounds like some other people I know *glances at Yussef and Marcel.*
MaZe-Pallas chapter 18 . 4/19/2014
Yay! More goodness after a long long break.
Twiggy-Hoyden chapter 18 . 4/18/2014
An action filled update.
titan of destruction chapter 17 . 1/5/2011
Just to let you know that I am really enjoying the entire Deva series of stories and I think that you have done an excellent job of developing the charecters. On that note I wondered if you were planning on making a full profile of all the main charecters in the series to compliment the one you did on the Seed? I think it would be usefull to people like me who sometimes get confused on which charecter has what abilities, is related to, or in a relationship with. either way it is a fanatastic series that I personally think is worthy of it's own anime if you could get round the copyright.

well done.
Maimakterion chapter 13 . 1/2/2011
Wow. I've never realised how uninvested i am in the character of takashi.

compared to the rest of you characters and plot elements he is such an inelegant tool. i just feel that every time you reveal what he has done behind the scenes you make light of your own storytelling ability. If i were to compare plot twists like laura's turning down of the offer to join the wolkenritter to a stage illusionist tapping a glass with his finger, only for it to splash suddenly into water before my eyes, then takashi's scenes are more like seeing tricks i know and can perform myself. certainly they are good tricks, ones that i can appreciate from familiarity perhaps, and i may likely be seeing them pulled off with more skill, dexterity and flair than i can manage, but they dont have the same wonder and surprise as completely new ones.

that said, takashi's infiltration of the dogs was an exception to that broad generalisation. perhaps you happened to play that card more skilfully. perhaps there was enough going on to put the possibility far from my mind. either way, takashi can be used very effectively in the narative. i still dont think i will be emotionally invested in his ultimate fate though.

~ja ne
Maimakterion chapter 11 . 1/2/2011
nice. you capture australia pretty well actually, i figure you've done significant research or been here. one of the two. although you keep saying ranch, i've never heard an australian use that to describe something in australia that wasnt a sauce.

And another thing - why is it lately that any time i read fantasy with an asian setting and earth geography that australia is the home of something older and more mysterious than the magics of the main cast? just a trend im noting.

actually having been warned to stay away twice (once from hayate's pov and once from luke's) i suspect its more than natives being secretive. and with the discovery of alhanthean era magic still in practice in japan in the form of the kamikaze, i have to believe some impressive relic lurks that the circles or alhanthis will stupidly waken

~ja ne
Maimakterion chapter 8 . 1/2/2011
rather amusing. i wouldnt mind seeing more like that.

given that it is the sort of thing that occupies my imagination for days after i read one of your chapters. most recently i find myself taken by a short scene where i imagine the group's reaction to a pronouncement that their magical growth is close to turning them into actual youkai (by the gensoukyo standard), particularly megan finding out that she isnt so far as she might think from becoming an actual henge youkai, and the fact that if laura were to become a youkai she would be very closely related indeed to yakumo yukari, never mind that i suspect they might think in almost the same way already. Since re-reading some of the russian's past though i think the most wrenching scene might be between natalia and a being like Hinanai tenshi, poor natalia's reaction to a whole race that prolong their lives by literally overpowering death when it attempts to claim them...

oh, I've named everyone by their full names here on the off chance that you arent a touhou fan (you should be, even just for the incredibly textured and absorbing overall mythos) tou can google them and know what im talking about.
Kell Shock chapter 17 . 1/1/2011
"I asked Tai-yu-sensei, I even gut up the guts to ask Maunders."

'got' not 'gut'

"Focus kept her from bursting into tears, and the wind disguised any tears."

I don't like this sentence. Maybe instead something like "Focus kept her from sobbing, and the wind disguised any tears." Or perhaps a different different word/phrase for "bursting into tears"; something that doesn't use the word tears so that it's not used twice in that sentence.
Eien-no Mori chapter 5 . 6/16/2010
Oh, my God, this chapter was a hole one triller, together with a dream the night *preceding* the day I read it concerning events of my life that had some parallels with the chapter so as I even had to gasp when I went to the description of details of how the very spell Natalia tried to pull, went.

Somehow after I just read the chapter I had not feel so much feeling sorry for Natalia, even though she had the harsh lesson. Somehow this is a kind of lesson with which experience comes, and that's why one shouldn't feel for those who got such experience. Later thoughts however turned to the reasons that led Natalia to that pull. It's obvious the Hayate didn't knew about their findings before she interrupted them, from the tone with which she did it. But why in the first place such dangerous a book was in school, ok, restricted section but still. Did they hope that in case it wouldn't be deciphered - no linguists they are. And the principle "everything's on the Net" should be even more known on Midchilda that on Earth.

After revelation and change in Natalia's study the following line of events is more probably fate as it is. All in all, great story as every part of it before, one of those that captures you and did not release until you finish with it.
GeshronTyler chapter 16 . 10/13/2009
Nice infodump.
Baughn chapter 15 . 6/4/2009
I see what you mean about this chapter.

For what it's worth, I found it well written, even if not my usual fare. It's too.. real, striking too close to home. Despite my living in what may be the most peaceful country on the planet.. it's too easy to see this happening here, too, if things go sufficiently wrong.

Anyway. That "green lady" - you know there's no way we'll let you get away with not explaining her true backstory, right?
CrimsonDX chapter 15 . 6/3/2009
I'm really curious about who this "green lady" is. Mite we find out more in the main story?

I liked the chapter. Didier may not be among my favorite of the first years, but It's good to know a little more of his back story.