Reviews for Deva 03: Academy Blues Side Stories
CrimsonDX chapter 14 . 4/21/2009
That was a pretty awesome chapter. Chen-chi is one of my favorite of the 1st years. It sorta threw me off a bit at first since I didn't realize it took place before Endless Waltz began. Do you plan on doing anymore stories on any of what the others where doing before they came to the school?
Ryand Smith chapter 13 . 12/25/2008
The Bureau seems to remind me of the British Empire in the sense that you had security, but no rights of your own besides little things like local self government. I like this chapter, even if it makes Takashi even stronger than I thought he was. The trans dimensional teleport is a nice trick, and the ability to easily manage his control over time and space is a nice ability. He seems almost like a low level God from the d&d archetypes. or a classical Greek God. Simple rules, but he cares for his subjects, in a roundabout way.
Kell Shock chapter 13 . 12/19/2008
Interesting, I like your views on the non-Bureau parts of the multiverse.

Although, I am surprised that the Bureau would ignore such a large pirate fleets, I guess that as long as they're not preying on the Bureau, then the Bureau would have more important things to deal with.
liingo chapter 13 . 12/18/2008
With the title of the chapter I was half expecting a story about a ground based laser in Russia... but I digress.

A good read that helps to expand on your view of the Nanoha-verse. Well done and I look forward to reading the rest of Endless Waltz.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 12 . 10/1/2008
very nice!:D
Baughn chapter 11 . 8/17/2008
He really does seem to have a case of hero-worship going on. Or leader-worship?

It's a weakness that stems from being human, so I can't really blame him, but.. the way you described Luke, I'm getting the impression he's following *Hayate*, not simply happens to share her ideals. That's dangerous, since there's always a risk *she* would go off the deep end, and the very fact they act this way increases that chance.

That said, I don't think it's a large one, and I haven't really noticed the others being like this. Should be okay.
TheWhiteMonk chapter 12 . 8/17/2008
I was right. I WOULD have paid money to see this.
CrimsonDX chapter 12 . 8/15/2008
"But occifer I swear to drunk I'm not god."

This story made my day. Anything involving laura is instant win in my book.
Qalia chapter 11 . 8/10/2008
Great to know that you still live :P

No need to rush the story, the speed of updates doesn't matter as long as the quality stays as wonderful as this far.
CrimsonDX chapter 11 . 8/6/2008
Good to see you still alive Daishi. Was a nice story to lessen my withdrawals. Nice to see something on a character i dont usually pay attention to. BTW what is the "Dreamtime"
Ace Starleaf chapter 11 . 8/5/2008
Another great side story.

lol, glad to hear your steel in the land of the living, and I'm very much looking forward to the next episode of Endless Waltz _
Kell Shock chapter 11 . 8/4/2008
"'Maybe we'll get lucky, and a few stray shots'll had in that direction,'"

I think you mean "head" instead of "had".

"'I'll put upwith confusion'"

Should be a space between those two words.

Comments:

Looks like Hayate's getting quite the following.

Comments about your comments:

Actually, I wasn't asking about Hayate's students when I asked how many students there were, I was asking about the Shaman's students. You said there were 6 chairs in his classroom with 5 of them occupied, but when the Shaman was introducing his students to Juliet he gave her 6 names, not the 5 that were occupying the chairs.
R Smith chapter 10 . 5/23/2008
Hello. R-Smith again, and well done. I like this chapter, the use of the "Africa always Wins" quote (Great Essay, if a bit on the darker side of life). I feel that this is the sort of thing that is naturally going to be a conflict with the newer generations, and you managed to express South Africa in the context of this fiction without being too preachy, well done. My question is, what sort of vision quest did Juilet see? I mean, was it the typical "Heart of Darkness" style trip?
Baughn chapter 10 . 4/26/2008
They aren't all perfect, after all - not that I believed that for one moment, but Juliet is being very human here. I can only hope the shaman's spell will wind up helping her, and not hurting. This sort of in-depth focus is why I love your side stories.

That said, if you want to freak out everyone, you could have her mention as an aside that she spent a week in Hinamizawa that summer. ;)

As far as the brain goes.. I've heard a lot of people use your reasoning. I don't understand it myself - partially because I don't see how it reduces the value of our existence any, mostly because (fiction aside) merely disliking something does not make it any less probable. Still, if that's how you want to write this, it won't bother me.
Kell Shock chapter 10 . 4/25/2008
Six seats, five of them occupied, and six names. How many students are there?

Our shaman friend finally has a name. Yay!

In regards to Juliet, she's worse off than Allison. Now I'm recalling all of her battles and how she always got up close and personal. And unlike Allison, who's fighting style is to take out her enemies as fast as she can, no matter how "dirty" it may be, Juliet fights to inflict pain and punishment, to make sure that her enemies will never want to fight her again.

The shaman wanted to help Juliet, to help her let go of her rage, although he did so out of purely selfish reasons, wanting to turn her over to his side. He probably did succeed a little, thanks to the nightmare he gave her. Then again he lost any respect he had from Hayate and her Knights. Not sure if it was worth it.

But the amount of respect that Juliet shows her parents... just the fact that she's a mage and her parents are mundanes... that's definitely going to turn out bad.
72 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »