Reviews for Deva 03: Academy Blues Side Stories
pfeil chapter 10 . 4/25/2008
The shaman in this chapter sounds almost exactly like Dumbledore, interestingly. Acting old and grandfatherly, but in reality being manipulative and controlling.

Shame that Harry only trashed his office, rather than use Juliet's method. At least Juliet doesn't have a lazy, unmotivated stalker to give her stupid potions (like Ron did to Hermoine), an obsessed fangirl to give her love potions (as Ginny did Harry).
Eternal Longing chapter 10 . 4/25/2008
Very dramatic, entertaining, and tense. Most importantly, it gave Juliet something defining, something that sets her apart from the other characters. Rage. Better make a note to not get her angry.

Of course, I understand that that isn't the MOST defining feature of Juliet, but I am glad that a little more of her was exposed.

A good chapter. Can't wait for Luke's.

-Eternal Longing
pfeil chapter 9 . 1/18/2008
That's a most interesting wrinkle. Give your muse my congratulations for coming up with it.
pfeil chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
I like it, though I can't say I was thinking of a cross-over when I mentioned HP in a review (quite) a while ago.

And I agree, Laura (or any of them) would wipe the floor with the Wizards. Good to see Snape getting beat up, that's always fun.

Makes me wonder how they'd react to Cidela's familiar. She's about as far from "Dark Lord" as you can bet, but with their general idiocy, I bet it'd be just like Chamber of Secrets.
Kell Shock chapter 9 . 1/18/2008
So, Sado from Bleach, Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho, Urashima from Love Hina, and I couldn't place Seichiro, although the name sounds familiar.
Kell Shock chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
It took me to when you first mentioned "twigs" to figure out where they were. Then I just broke down laughing.

Always nice to see Snape getting a boot to the head.
R-Smith chapter 9 . 1/18/2008
Hello Dashi Prime. I've been a lurker for a while now, ever since you started the endgame part of Academy Blues. This newest side story is another excellent addition to your literary web. The touch of the Yakusa to finish the tale was very nice, almost something from "the godfather" so to say. The portrayal of magic is powerful, but not overpowered as some writers have portrayed it. The feeling of vengeance is well done, and the team up of Itigo and Toushiro was a very good combination. I wish you well

R-Smith
Natimus Prime chapter 9 . 1/18/2008
I like this piece, I really do. It illustrates the subtle changes that take place within a person-regardless of age-when they have been properly trained in a potentially deadly skill. When taught and learned properly, it instills a sense of responsibility and a serious maturity that is often lacking in people who should be old enough to know better, but still do stupid things. The contrast between Toushiro and his sister Miyuki-the younger mage who is mature and responsible and the older civilian who prefers to slack off and take very dangerous risks with her only life-highlights the fact that experience, not age, is what makes a person grow. While I wouldn't recommend putting a child through a war like the one Toushiro and his classmates experienced, I do wish more parents would push their children to take up something that requires that sort of discipline.

It's odd, isn't it, that the worst bullies and thugs are often those who never had to work for something while they were children? Like your gang of racers who had powerful, well connected families, in the real world it's the same sort of people who cause most of society's problems. You don't normally see the marching band or people on the chess team picking on other students, do you?

I appear to have rambled a bit. That's what I get for posting a review before I've fully woken up, I guess. Anyway, great work. I'll certainly be waiting on word of the upcoming sequel to Academy Blues. There _is_ going to be a sequel, right? Or at least more side-stories, I hope? Would sending waffles help? They're much tastier than cookies, in my humble opinion, so they're my preferred reward.

Good luck in future endeavors, and remember that we'll be waiting, most of us patiently. Even if nothing more comes along, I'm grateful just to have had the chance to read what's already finished. Ja ne _
Natimus Prime chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
One of my co-workers actually looked over into my cube when I had to stifle a giggle-fit with a loud cough while reading this. A silly idea, perhaps, but an inspired one. I can't really see Midchildan magic meshing smoothly with the Potterverse in any meaningful, dramatic way-despite briefly contemplating a crossover of that nature-but as a comedy piece it works nicely. An excellent piece of fluff to brighten an otherwise dull workday.
Seaotter chapter 9 . 1/18/2008
oho.

the Daishi strikes again!

Oopps indeed. JKR's world as a different dimension? interesting idea. and interesting description of the inside of the sword of light. should we give reinforce a librarian costume? :D

bombarding the hangout place was all spells are not exclusively only for the particular person, seeing ichigo can use Jupiter's fist. I do hope you keep some spells excusively to the caster.
Baughn chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
Ah. I think what you're missing is that, at least as far as canon is concerned, death isn't a transition state - or indeed a state at all.

The [spoiler]s in StrikerS, along with Precia's quest, make it pretty clear that what matters is the information stored in the brain, and once that's gone, that's it. Precia succeeded as far as possible; the only reason Fate might *not* be said to be Alicia is because some of Alicia's mind had already been destroyed at that time. Her goal in searching for Al-Hazard (any relation to El-Hazard?) wasn't exactly to find a way to resurrect Alicia - it was to find a time machine, either to stop her death in the first place or to copy her mind while it was still all there. Very realistic - I approve. ;)

By the way, fun chapter, even if the "prime directive" thing annoys me on general principle. I'm looking forward to the sequel. :)
CrimsonDX chapter 9 . 1/17/2008
HAHA, Shiro-chan has mob connections now! sweet side story :)
liingo chapter 8 . 1/17/2008
hahahaha

Oh the crack. Good to see something utterly random but something that is possible in some really convoluted way.

XD Good for a laugh in the morning if nothing else.
Derek Q chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
Wanted to throw in last comment about Natalia. There were several comments about how her new power(s) "weren't Nanoha-magic". Well, we're on Earth, everything's not about MidChilda. You've already established in the story that there are Earth-based separate magic systems (the Circles, the , the Australian Abos).

Along with Hunting, and Sex (Fertility), Death magic is probably one the 3 oldest traditions on Earth. Special burial rituals have been found in Cro-Magnon sites. This predates written language.

Dont cop out and have her craziness manifest through identifiable MidChildan means! It would be much more interesting to think she's going crazy because of the "spectre at the feast"; that something far older/deeper than the Circles was now "hanging over her shoulder". It would be one more step towards her becoming La Bele Dame sans Merci, "who holds Pale Kings and Princes in her thrall..."
CrimsonDX chapter 7 . 11/17/2007
Allison just gained a little bit of respect in my book, I've mainly just seen her as a spiteful little brat, but I have to change my opinion of her _.

concerning Natalia-sama id say shes probably been a little messed up ever sense her brothers accident, and was escalated by the learning of Al Hazred. The final straw was probably the gate. I'm guessing, correct me if I'm wrong as usual, that the only thing thats keeping her from completely breaking is Ichigo, of course this is just another speculation of mine and I don't think I've made a single correct speculation about your story. Can't blame a fan for trying though :P
72 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »