Reviews for Deva 03: Academy Blues Side Stories
TheWhiteMonk chapter 3 . 6/8/2007
Cool chapter. Megan may have made the top fifteen for my favorite FanFiction OC's. Quite a feat since my list about 100 names long. Oh, and all of your characters are on it.
CrimsonDX chapter 3 . 6/8/2007
OMG SHAPE-SHIFTING! Seeing the other students abilities grow is so much fun _. Can Megan do any were forms? like a werewolf or werecat.
TheWhiteMonk chapter 2 . 5/31/2007
More of Guitar-Boy and the Hacker-Girls? Coolios. I never could stand Racism. As a devout Christian, Historian, and Person I cannot condone it in any form. I love how Juliet handeled herself. I probably would either have capitulated or lost control of myself (as in homicidal rage).

Just for the record, while more overt racism (their version of Jim Crow and other laws) is over in South Africa, more subtle racism is even worse there than in any part of the United States. By subtle I mean social stigma, poverty, employment, etc.
Kell Shock chapter 2 . 5/27/2007
When I read this chapter, I got extremely confused when I reached the part about Juliet. I couldn't recall anything about her from the main story, so I went back and quickly searched through all the chapters for any mention of her. And nope, there's pretty much no mention of Juliet. The only thing we knew about her is her last name and that she she knows how to fight unlike a few of the other girls. So it was a bit of a shock to suddenly learn so much about her, which is a good thing; the learning, not the shock. And we got to see the annoying African geezer again, and that's always good. I liked how he was pushing Juliet around like that, and then all of a sudden does a 360. It was quite amusing.

So, what about the other students? I hope you write some more about what the other kids are doing for the holidays.
CrimsonDX chapter 2 . 5/27/2007
yay Mariachi screen time _. I actually would like to see a Allina/'Jana coupling :) that whole part had me laughing. I dunno what to make of the whole thing with Juliet since i actually forgot her character :P, but it was cool none the less
liingo chapter 1 . 5/6/2007
whe, thank you so much.

This definately helps with the story line of AB, just by giving us a better understanding with what some of the others at the academy get up to in their spare time.

Time for me to get some sleep. Hope my review of AB helps you out some.
TheWhiteMonk chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Nice to see my suggestion carried some weight. This was interesting. Though I am utterly useless when it comes to computers.
Eni Li'Nave chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
Oh, wow! This I wasn't expecting, certainly after your little statement about "multiple writing projects" and seeing only AB. Now I get to poke and comment about the side project, too.

It's actually somewhat refreshing to see something beyond combat training, school, and magic, and certainly flesh out Allina and Niranjana, too. That's what I definitely enjoyed about this the most, which I hope was your intention by completely severing it from the main story.

I certainly enjoyed this aside, tying up that tiny little detail about the hacker in the process (another excellent job in terms of all the little details, you really must teach me how to handle it all... without writing it all down; it always seems to either balloon on me or I lose it all in the process) without bogging the story in terminology. Vaguely reminds me of some of Dan Brown's work, if only in the amount of details you place in every work while explaining it enough to let the uninitiated follow the story.

I'm half-heartedly praying that you'll give in to this request here (as you kinda did in AB), but a bit of time for the Philippine native would be nice for the next side story, since the trio Cid-chan have pretty much taken center stage in the main story, and almost nothing has been revealed about him.

So, 'till next chapter... well, after I finish up another 3 page review for Academy Blues. XD Ciao!
CrimsonDX chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Heh that was fun .awesome story as usual. personally i want to see a side stories involving Mariachi or Cidela. Mariachi is my favorite of the male characters and Cid-chan is my second favorite girl.
Kell Shock chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Hah! "Welcome to the Darkside!" Love it.
AceStarleaf chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
Wonderful side story. I would love to see a follow-up on what they do to the idiot.

A question for you, ever played a game called Uplink? reading this story reminded me of that game very strongly.
71 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5