Reviews for What If
nljfs chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
Cute start... where's it going? If Random brought them through, why does someone else chat up Merlin before he does his bit with Random? I'd suggest having Merlin contact Martin, since he's in the room.

nancy in chicago
Florin chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
I like your idea, I've always imagined how Merlin should've opened up to Julia. He had several possible reasons not to, but the real reason isn't shown to us until Knight of Shadows. You've got it wrong here, though, as it is not about Julia believing Merlin - this problem never existed in the first place. Kneeling scene is out of place as well - Merlin doesn't kneel before Random, and his friends don't have to either, as we can see in Trumps of Doom (Bill's attempt at this is just a gag).
George Heichelheim chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
A significant departure from the 'original' storyline. The motivation Julia had against Merlin is gone, she should be an ally if not a lover. So they(you) find someone else to be turned to a tool against Merlin. Coral in the role, maybe? Or are you planning to take the plotting and mechanations in another direction? Perhaps pulling in some elements from the Betancourt prequals? Anyway, I like it so far. Please continue.