Reviews for Odd Kind of Honeymoon
bec chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I can't believe I didn't review this story! I love it. Everything was perfect, characters, plot, description, dialogue, every word. I have read this fic a few times and I love it every time I've read it. Love Luke and Mara getting to know each other and spend time together. The part where they meet his old friends was great. This story needs more reviews, it is so wonderful.
autumnsoliloquy chapter 4 . 3/7/2012
I can't believe this hasn't garnered enough reviews! It's perfect. Everything. I love your writing style, I love the well-chosen words you picked. Luke and Mara are so in character, even when they're being affectionate. I love how you portrayed subtly the awkwardness and uncertainty of being newly-weds. There are just so many awesome things happening here! I really enjoyed this trip down memory lane and Luke's childhood. It's as much a character piece for Luke as a romantic fic between the couple. My favourite scene would be towards the end, where them looking at the sunset together brought nostalgic images of Luke in ANH watching the sunset and the contrast between those instances now that Mara is with him. AH PURE AWESOME. I really hope you'll write more L/M fics! :)
Kshar chapter 4 . 7/8/2011
I loved this quiet, thoughtful, bittersweet story. Thank you.
ancarett chapter 4 . 6/21/2011
What a lovely exploration of Luke's past with Mara at his side. I enjoyed how it was bright and melancholy, hopeful and serious all at once.
EndlessBlue chapter 4 . 10/10/2010
Stunning. Just...wow. What a powerful insight into Luke, and I appreciate how you kept Mara true to character while still making her progress and grow. This was amazing.
ilsa27 chapter 4 . 10/2/2010
Loved this story. You made the Tatooine desert come alive - it was as much a character as Luke and Mara. There is a wonderful sense of atmosphere and place hanging over this entire fic - loved the simplicity and the depth behind the fic, and the introspectiveness of Mara's emotions and the insights you have given us of Luke.
Sonic Serendipity chapter 4 . 6/15/2010
This story was lovely, in its simplicity and the subtlety of its emotion. I honestly teared up when Luke took her to see his family. Beautiful and affecting.
BenRG chapter 4 . 1/1/2010
A lovely and unusual story. You've shown an understanding of the subtext of the characters of Luke and Mara - of the wounds the Civil War left in their hearts and of the key aspects of their nature.

Mara's musings about what Luke was trying to do by the holiday on Tatooine was well observed. However, the treat was the two of them standing on THAT hill and watching THAT sunset. As Vader once said: "The circle is now complete."

BenRG's Rating: 7/10
VoxynQueen chapter 4 . 4/18/2009
Your story is beautiful, and your last chapter brought tears to my eyes. The skill in which you portrayed Luke and Mara is inspiring. If I could match it by half, I'd be over the moon.

Thanks for sharing your story. Truely inspiring work.
Rakshasa chapter 4 . 3/24/2009
I know this story was published quite some times ago, but can I just say that I really really liked it?

You did an amazing job with both the characters, I feel like you made them more real to me than any author of the novels has ever done.

So yeah. That was probably one of the best stories I've ever read on . (which, I know, isn't saying so much, but still.)
Scribe chapter 4 . 4/27/2008
I loved every chapter. Well done, extremely well done. It felt like I was reading a published short-story from the SW universe. Keep up the good work!
Rigil Kent chapter 4 . 1/16/2008
Fantastic. Beautifully written with an excellent mental image of the characters. Very, very well done.
Andrea P. Quintell chapter 4 . 8/27/2007
I loved this story! Your interpretations of how Luke and Mara would act and speak were spot-on. I really loved the little insights into their heads, particularly Mara's struggle with her past, and I loved the "what if?" section (I actually wrote a story like that, haha). Interesting choice to have them honeymoon on Tatooine, but I can see why Luke would want Mara to see his home, even though he had some unpleasant memories. And eesh, running into Fixer and Camie must have been terribly awkward. You have a real talent with words, and your vocabulary is excellent. Well done!
BlueSaber chapter 4 . 6/18/2007
Very sweet. I enjoyed it a lot. It's always cool to see Luke go back to his old digs.

Good job! :)
Madman007 chapter 4 . 6/10/2007
Well written and especially the attention to detail. Great allusions to other existing stories and tying them into your own. Excellent.