Reviews for Odd Kind of Honeymoon
SnowflakesandMozart chapter 1 . 6/21
This is quite beautifully told. I love how Mara comes to understand that Luke shared his childhood with her through their journey and her own discoveries about herself and her past.
Illaengka chapter 4 . 2/1
This is absolutely beautiful. It is also one of the most convincingly in character fics I have ever read. Thank you for sharing.
Jaded chapter 1 . 2/1
I've been revisiting my Star Wars (and Luke/Mara) fandom in particular, and discovered your stories this time around. They are delightful-you have fast become my favorite author in this fandom. The writing is fantastic-not just in capturing the characters and the details, but the level of skill within itself. This story is meditative and thoughtful and captures these essence of Luke and Mara while advancing their characters and arcs into this next stage of their lives. Just wonderful work! Hoping that perhaps in the post-TFA world you may write some more while Mara has not been totally eliminated as a possibility for canon? Pretty please?
JadeDjo chapter 4 . 11/18/2015
That was touching and very beautifully written! Great job!
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 4 . 6/14/2014
I liked this fiction. It was different, but well done.
Jedi Jesi Jiin chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Ah! poor Luke! Great elbow scene!
bec chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I can't believe I didn't review this story! I love it. Everything was perfect, characters, plot, description, dialogue, every word. I have read this fic a few times and I love it every time I've read it. Love Luke and Mara getting to know each other and spend time together. The part where they meet his old friends was great. This story needs more reviews, it is so wonderful.
autumnsoliloquy chapter 4 . 3/7/2012
I can't believe this hasn't garnered enough reviews! It's perfect. Everything. I love your writing style, I love the well-chosen words you picked. Luke and Mara are so in character, even when they're being affectionate. I love how you portrayed subtly the awkwardness and uncertainty of being newly-weds. There are just so many awesome things happening here! I really enjoyed this trip down memory lane and Luke's childhood. It's as much a character piece for Luke as a romantic fic between the couple. My favourite scene would be towards the end, where them looking at the sunset together brought nostalgic images of Luke in ANH watching the sunset and the contrast between those instances now that Mara is with him. AH PURE AWESOME. I really hope you'll write more L/M fics! :)
Kshar chapter 4 . 7/8/2011
I loved this quiet, thoughtful, bittersweet story. Thank you.
ancarett chapter 4 . 6/21/2011
What a lovely exploration of Luke's past with Mara at his side. I enjoyed how it was bright and melancholy, hopeful and serious all at once.
EndlessBlue chapter 4 . 10/10/2010
Stunning. Just...wow. What a powerful insight into Luke, and I appreciate how you kept Mara true to character while still making her progress and grow. This was amazing.
ilsa27 chapter 4 . 10/2/2010
Loved this story. You made the Tatooine desert come alive - it was as much a character as Luke and Mara. There is a wonderful sense of atmosphere and place hanging over this entire fic - loved the simplicity and the depth behind the fic, and the introspectiveness of Mara's emotions and the insights you have given us of Luke.
Sonic Serendipity chapter 4 . 6/15/2010
This story was lovely, in its simplicity and the subtlety of its emotion. I honestly teared up when Luke took her to see his family. Beautiful and affecting.
BenRG chapter 4 . 1/1/2010
A lovely and unusual story. You've shown an understanding of the subtext of the characters of Luke and Mara - of the wounds the Civil War left in their hearts and of the key aspects of their nature.

Mara's musings about what Luke was trying to do by the holiday on Tatooine was well observed. However, the treat was the two of them standing on THAT hill and watching THAT sunset. As Vader once said: "The circle is now complete."

BenRG's Rating: 7/10
VoxynQueen chapter 4 . 4/18/2009
Your story is beautiful, and your last chapter brought tears to my eyes. The skill in which you portrayed Luke and Mara is inspiring. If I could match it by half, I'd be over the moon.

Thanks for sharing your story. Truely inspiring work.