Reviews for His Only Weakness
CMWright chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
"Itachi’s own heart had been made of glass, false and easily broken to pieces, never to be repaired."

That explains where all his hatred is coming from: it's a shield to hide behind, and to hide his own pain from himself. The people who have the blackest hearts are often those who were once the most sensitive and compassionate, but their empathy was so strong that killing it was a matter of survival. Your narrative finds all the right words to describe this.

"In Itachi’s mind, hatred is the only real strength anyone can possess: what Itachi doesn’t know is that hatred is his only real weakness."

Exactly - hatred is what is preventing him from becoming the great person he could be. It's always that way. In reality, love is the only real strength, and it is stronger than hatred.
Bruteaous chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Hm...what can be said...He reminds me of Juda in 'Ben-Hur' with the whole hatred mantra, but he is also unique too. Ironic and interesting. Even within these few lines I already like this character, though he is the type of character one loves to hate. I really do like this even though I have never seen Naruto nor do I know the situation behind the character, but through the vivid image painted of the character, I like it already. Keep writing, I always love to read what you write.

-Bruteaous-