Reviews for Seeds of the Heart
Paladeus chapter 5 . 10/8/2007
Interesting way of making things go. It'll be interesting to see where everything leads.

I can't say I'm fond of Hinata not being on the team, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot and see where you take this. Being on the same team is good when some form of relationship needs to develop with Hinata and Naruto, but with Naruto basically having a second home in the Hyuuga grounds, it wouldn't be needed, necassarily. So, I'll wait to pass judgement until I see how things end up. :P

Sasuke being almost friendly is a bit on the odd side, but I think that comes mostly from not favouring the character in general. This may spawn from far too many (in my opinion) Naru/Sasu yoai pairings... I dunno. Either way, it isn't a bad change, but not one I expected. I have nothing against stories where he plays a main character, so no worries on me going flamer on you.

I like the chapter length, which is usually a pet peeve of mine. Admittedly, I'd like them longer, but that is simply something that will be there unless the chapter is never-ending, which will, sadly, never happen.. (Grumbles about the nature of physics.)

Paladeus chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
Excellent story so far. The meeting with Naruto and Hinata at the end of the chapter was very sweet. Also, having someone at the orphanage being kind to Naruto is rather nice. I'll admit that her presence in the beginning was a little off, in comparison to those who were there, but I can come up with varying reasons as to why she was there; her use of the plot certainly not the least of them.

Likes: The plot is set, and things are starting. I'm glad Naruto won't have a horrid past like he did in the manga, or at least not as bad, depending on what you do with it. I'll see how things go later.

Dislikes: Chapter length is a pet peeve, so I may bring that up for no reason aside from the chapter ending. (Insert sheepish grin here.) There wasn't really anything on here that I can think of to dislike, aside from not exactly understanding the use of italics on everything you used it on, aside from noticing that they were all non-english words.

Will review at the last chapter and keep an eye on the story.

Lunair chapter 5 . 10/5/2007
Despite what others might say, I feel like your story offers a fresh perspective on usual Naruto/Hinata genre. I also like how you give Sakura a fair chance, instead of making her out to be the pink-haired bimbo most NaruHina fics characterize her as. Keep up the good work, and ignore those nasty comments - get Haku to freeze anyone who dares flame you. :P
divad relffehs chapter 5 . 10/1/2007
I'm really glad that you put Sakura on thier team more please
Faye Lunacorn chapter 5 . 9/23/2007
Forgive me for not reviewing sooner! I'm one of those people intrigued by the team arrangements, and your reasons for doing so. It deviates from what could be considered the fanfiction norm, and I applaud you for that! Besides, I'm sure Naruto and Hinata will come together anyway, so I see nothing wrong! :3

And may I say, it's a really pleasant change to have a reasonably happy Sasuke! And you've painted Sakura in a different light too - the bell and lunch tests had that nice twist on them. I'm looking forward to reading more! Keep it up!
Zeronibw chapter 5 . 9/22/2007
Good job keep it up. I wish I could describe things like you, so much detail.
AznPuffyHair chapter 5 . 9/22/2007
Eh...? I have no idea wut just happened, but i guess we're going into the Wave.

Now i wonder wut it is that is bugging me about this chapter? I'm not quite satisfied with it than wut i have with teh last four... Maybe it's the lack of... wutever it is.

Still, good job. UPDATE SOON!.PS: Err... so where is Naruto living?
swartzvald chapter 5 . 9/22/2007
gotta say i rather prefer this sakura to the canon one, seems more rounded. don't know what these other people are complaining about.
lanwut chapter 5 . 9/22/2007
I'm so glad you updated, although I'm not happy that other readers don't have the maturity or the insight to realise that not everything will be done just the way they want it.

I look forward to another great chapter, and I have no complaints or issues with the fanfiction right now.
Vld chapter 5 . 9/22/2007
So, is Haku a guy or a girl? Sakura automatically assumed he/she was a girl, but what will you decide in the end? Although, but her speech about men, I'd think she very well may be a girl.

As for flames, I say don't worry about it. Well, most of these anyway. It IS a show of interest, after all! They come mostly from those who like your work... and are... not open-minded enough to enjoy surprises. I understand them, in a way. I too expected Hinata to be on the boys' team. The difference between them and me is that I enjoy being surprised, and well, you surprised me. So, thank you.

Now, I'm not above flaming myself. And I must admit that I would have, if you had made it easy. By easy I mean like "Oh Hinata isn't on our team. Shame. Oh well, let's make do with it!". Opposite to this, you gave us an angry Sasuke... well, at least slightly irritated... a saddened Naruto, who at the same time tries to keep up with his usual perky self, and a guilt-ridden Sakura, who like many teenagers feels guilty for something she couldn't have done anything about. I'd say that it's a pretty nice feat!

So yeah, basically, you've got my vote.
DanteHyuuga chapter 5 . 9/22/2007
Holy crap! Didnt see that coming.
Dash Pronger chapter 3 . 9/22/2007
So NOT what i was hoping it would be
Silver Warrior chapter 5 . 9/22/2007
a very different mission, SAKURA'S MET HAKU. aND HAKU IS A GIRL. iNTERESTING.
S-Wanderer999 chapter 5 . 9/21/2007
Well this is a nicely written story so far, and I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter.

As for what you've done in your story, while there are some parts I wish were different, you did explain them for the most part in either the chapter it happened or a chapter that follows. One request, if you feel so kind as to grant it (it is your story and all I can do is ask or suggest things since I'm not the author), is to have a joint mission at some point with Team 7 and Team 8 if at all possible.

As for rewriting parts of the manga, that's going to happen anyways so there is no use complaining about it being done. All that happens is that events proceed differently because of how the characters and circumstances are different (it could have just as easily been Team Gai that was sent to Wave Country with Tazuna since he'd need help for his bridge). The only reason I can see to complain about something being rewritten from the manga is if there are not any changes in what happened and how people reacted to it even though they are different (for example with Naruto having help with his education, he shouldn't be as stupid as he was but that wouldn't include his personality too much, which would be shaped as well by other events).

As for your writing besides the occasional error (in chapter three you have Thank instead of Think for what Hiashi started his sentence with), there isn't a problem. You have kept up a nice flow with your story so the chapters fit together smoothly. You also have a plot already developed in your mind as for what you plan on doing for major events at least (which gives you leeway to input other ideas that work inbetween those major events). And you aren't rushing events to get to other parts because that would affect the plot, and since the plot wouldn't have developed properly which would ruin the story (and we all know there are quite of few authors who have made that mistake).

Anyways keep up the good work and I hope to read more soon.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 5 . 9/21/2007
I have to admit, you have me very enthralled. :D I'm enjoying this story very much. A good pace, good attention to detail, and I love how firm of a grasp you have on your story. You know exactly where you're going, exactly what you're doing, and take a lot of pride in your work. All in all, I'm very impressed. :D
297 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »