Reviews for Synthesis
PhinalPhantasy chapter 1 . 12/9/2008
I really enjoyed this one. Great job.
friendlyquark chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I too am hoping for that couple to come together. Go Retsu! Go Ran! A very well written story, thank you.
New Warrior of Fire chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
Oh! That was so sweet! Retsu pairing! I love Gekiranger!

A word of constructive critisisim, however: I don't think you could say that Retsu 'acts like a spoiled rich kid', that, to me, seemed a little out of character. Other than that, great job, and I look forward to more!
Akashi chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
Kawaii da! Daisuki!
TricksterWolf chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
So this is where you've been! Off writing in the Sentai-verse. Not that I'm complaining, as I've been able to watch subtitled Gekiranger on youtube, so for once actually know who the characters being written about are. Great characterization on Retsu. It's nice to see him loosening up. I mean, seriously, is the personality type for male Sentai Blues to start out with a pole up their arse?

Speaking of the Geki Hammer episodes, I so which Miki had done more to Elephan than just throw him across the room. Pervert with a trunk . . . bad combo!
Etapa chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Yay! First Retsu/Ran fic ever, and it's a really good one, too :D

I really enjoyed this piece. The characterization of each of the trio was done really well. You described each one of them in enough detail, yet without merely just "telling", which can make a story get boring fast, and literally kill it. No, you also "showed" as opposed to "told" their personalities, and that made this story very enjoyable, from start to finish.

(and of course, little me went "Aw, Jan. Jan will always be Jan" and wanting to hug the heck out of him)

Another thing I liked was the description of the relationship between the characters. I think you were spot on with the relationship between Jan and Retsu (I do see Jan seeing Retsu as an older brother, and really can see that kind of adoration that a little brother has towards his big brother), and of course, Retsu and Ran, in how he seems to see her as an equal, indeed. They might not always agree on everything (heck, they bickered over FOOD), but they respect each other. You presented this very nicely.

And of course, the kiss! :D Actually, just the whole moment between the two, from the instant where he offers a towel to the kiss itself, I was totally melting. It was so sweet and adorable, I loved every single moment shared by them. I know you already know this, but while maybe there wasn't anything officially on the show that would scream that they are the ones, I can't help but be continuously attracted to these two as a pairing. I do see potential, and think it could work. Then again, who knows, right?

Ah, and an interesting detail that you brought up concerning Retsu's brother. I think there was some confusion as to who the older brother was, Retsu or his brother. The first time I saw the episode I thought Retsu was the elder one, but obviously because of that Rio's speaking didn't make sense to me. Eventually, when I watched it again, and then thought about it, it finally sank in that it was the opposite, that the deceased one was Retsu's OLDER brother. I didn't see that "fixed" in RB, it still stated younger brother last time I saw. It was interesting that you brought that up in the story, though, pointing out this fact.

It's getting long, so I should probably start to shut up. In the overall, I loved this story to pieces, and definitely added to Favorites list.

Thank you so much for writing this story! :D
Destiny45 chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
GREAT STORY! I love Ran and Retsu together. The kiss at the end of was very sweet. Although I think my favorite part of this was how you had Jan's character so down pat, like even his language. It made me laugh!