Reviews for The Hardest Word
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
"Our laughter doesn’t really make any sense. This situation with me and Charlie isn’t the least bit funny…but if we didn’t laugh we’d cry, yeah?"

I just think this whole story is amazing - a perfect juxtaposition of tragic and funny. It makes me smile at one line and then the next makes me want to cry.

And that final sentence, it's just beautiful. I felt that this was so very real and deep.

As Sawyer would say, 'It's damn near poetic."

You are such an amazing writer.
CharliesHoodie chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
Aw :]

I'm going to come back to this story every time I need some cheering up!

You made Desmond hilarious! Which is strange at first, because yeah, like you said...he's all depressed and upset most of the time. He has a cute smile though...all two times that he HAS smiled.

I usually don't like stories in the present test, much less in first person. But since you rock at life, this story rocked too D

Congrats, you've taken me out of my fanfiction safety zone.
Noritsu chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
You know, if Des's character were written to be a bit more on the funny side, I imagine he would, in fact, sound pretty much like this. Sarcastic tongue, and self deprecating sense of humor.

Very nice!

Nori
xCharlie-Groupiex chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
everything works out in the end. i'm glad they're friends again. nice one.
Jemmz chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
aw, nice one shot. I loved the Chesmond relationship. I liked how you wrote about this because their relationship was based alot on trust.

"but if we didn’t laugh we’d cry, yeah?"

aw, I dunno-I just liked that line. }
avi17 chapter 1 . 6/14/2007
Heh, good. It was funny, but not...excessively so. Don't worry, that's a good thing. Now...

"I sit down on the log beside Charlie and clap a hand on his shoulder. This makes me feel a wee bit strange. I’ve seen this man struck by lightning, smashed against rocks and skewered with an arrow. Sometimes I can’t quite believe he’s still here."

I just LOVED that line- Desmond's situation isn't really something a normal person could comprehend, but somehow this line really...put it into perspective.

Once again, loved it! Your writing style is really well-balanced (not too much or too little detail) and well-paced, too. Definitely makes for an enjoyable read.
Spice of Life chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
I'm not forgiving Desmond so easily! Loved it, though :p
LeftOfWest chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Someone who won't let me be lazy and not log in. Oh well.

That was a pretty good story. This must mean I have to find some other stuff of yours to read. I love this pairing (romantic or not). I like seeing Desmond be humorous. My favorite part was "Either they’ve picked up some Korean in the last few months or their bizarre imaginations are just making up the conversations they’d like to hear. Aye, I’m thinking probably the latter." Great.
Jasminevr chapter 1 . 4/28/2007
Rather bittersweet, but it's a welcome break from the pure angst of your other fic.

Nice job!