Reviews for Aftershocks II
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 44 . 3/26/2012
Too bad for the post-Entity relationship reset. One little computer entity (and a few hallucinations) caused so many problem... I like how you frame it, but that doesn't mean I like that it happened. Oh, well.

Overall was another great set of additions to the series. Thanks for taking on this project.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 38 . 3/25/2012
How you had Sam marry Joe specifically because she wanted a family, but Joe was the one who facilitated that being impossible, made Joe's betrayal even more poignant. In the next chapter, it's a good thing Jack didn't send back a note saying who won the World Series (in 2004 like the show suggested). The Boston Red Sox won for first time in 86 years. No one would have believed the note.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 39 . 3/25/2012
The Wrong Timeline Trilogy and this 2010 tag were all excellent. Once I started on it, I couldn't stop.

The volleyball game was very funny. I liked how you used the team photo throughout.

The time travel discussion was fun too. I tried that in one of my stories (Jack was asking Sam for clarifications about Moebius and it ended with Sam admitting that she hoped nobody noticed when she didn't technobabbled her way past paradoxes. The 2010 one was easy. Jack could've planned to sned back a note even if the world was Aschen free. The Moebius one requires your alternative universe theory to gift the "Pond With One Fish" universe with a ZPM.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 32 . 3/25/2012
I like how you made this a mission tag using Martin's planet, but also made it a second tag for Beneath the Surface.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 31 . 3/25/2012
This is one of those episodes for which a lot of tags have been written. Yours is especially well done and in character.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 30 . 3/25/2012
I had a completely different take on this episode. I compare and contrast it with the season 1 finale Serpent's Grasp. In SG, the team violated orders to save innocent lives. The end justified the means. In Scorched Earth, Daniel violated Jack's final order about going to the ship the last time and helped save the day. However in SG, SG-1 did not deliberately put Hammond in position to kill them in order to protect Earth. In SE, Daniel put Jack and Sam in position to have to choose between him and the innocent lives they were obligated to protect. In SG, Hammond made it clear the Stargate was to be shut down not because he wanted to, but because of orders that were effectively from Kinsey. SG-1 disrespected Kinsey. In SE, Jack trusted Daniel to negotiate with the robot the first time, while Daniel showed a complete lack of trust in Jack.

In the first briefing, Daniel was saying the Gadmeer were peaceful, even though they had already destroyed one village and were in the middle of a genocidal act worse than what the Ghoa'uld typically did. I think Jack made unpopular, but correct calls based on the information he had (i.e. the ship had already killed people and was about to kill more). Daniel just got lucky that the ship had found the Enkaran homeworld. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, but I thought Jack, Sam, and maybe even Hammond should all have called Daniel to the carpet.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 26 . 3/24/2012
Very clever idea to solve the problem with the hand device. It is a very Stargate type of solution. Per'sus suggsted Sam would accept the symbiote because she offered her father, I was surprised no one said she flat out refused one in Tok'ra Part I, and subjective someone to a symbiote without permission TWICE is exactly the type of thing a Goa'uld would do. I guess diplomatic thoughts prevailed.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 25 . 3/24/2012
I really like how you are using Jacob in these chapters. The Tok'ra are misbehaving, but we never see Jacob in the show. Having them being sneaking, then have Jacob apologize is very fitting.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 21 . 3/24/2012
Day One: Ok, so all along I thought the Asgard were rude for leaving Sam, Jack, and Teal'c off world. It turns out it was their sophisticated way of ensuring they didn't gate elsewhere right away. They were playing matchmaker. Who knew they were shippers.

The hypothetical visual of Hammond turning down Sam's plan causing Sam to jump on the Asgard beam up of the explosives-fantastic.

Day Two: Rya'c gets the daily shipper award for finding an excuse to leave Jack and Sam alone

Day Four: Teal'c gets the daily shipper award for suggesting the vacation.

Day Six: Jack and Sam get the award jointly for accidentally spilling the beans. I really liked how you used phrases they will say in the future. You established them as cues and reminders about how they feel about each other.

Day Seven: Jack gets it for his someday plan.

I liked the McKay cameo, too.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 20 . 3/24/2012
The hair cut discussion was adorable. It's a good thing about the unwritten rule to say nothing. Otherwise Daniel might have topped the banter by telling Jack he better get his hair cut because his 'girlfriend' prefers it that way.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 17 . 3/24/2012
I really liked Sam and Daniel's discussion about the weight of making command decisions. Throughout the show, Daniel evolves into someone who is comfortable leading military people. Conversations like that one show how Sam and Jack could have mentored him to where he understands that responsibility.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 16 . 3/24/2012
I thought Urgo was one of the funniest episodes of the series, but your tag introduced a team fight. So I was worried about this one-first of two of the angstiest episodes of the series for Sam/Jack fans. I loved what you did. The show implied Laira might be pregnant, but it would have been completely out of character for Jack to leave a baby behind. You resolved that cleanly. You set up the Shades of Grey episode well. I liked the idea of Jack taking a 24 hr break from the conspiracy. I also loved Jack and Sam's private talk, how they cleared the air a little, and how they both internally understand their own feelings a little better. Instead of a set-back, you made it a tiny step forward that leads into how they act in some of the upcoming episodes.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 12 . 3/22/2012
The best part of this was how Jack shooed Martouf away from Sam after her nightmare. Martouf always seemed a little creepy to me. Sam was assaulted by Jolinar. Even though Sam is friendly to Martouf (she's friendly to almost everyone), that doesn't excuse Marty exploiting the assault to establish a stronger relationship to get to Jolinar, without regards to how it affected Sam. Asking her to remember Martouf and Jolinar's last night together-creepy.

I've really liked your inner conversations between Jacob and Selmak. This chapter's topic was funny. I also liked how Selmak was a shipper before he knew about the regs.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 10 . 3/22/2012
This heart wrenching episode had multiple endings-none of which really happened. The show ended and we never found out how Daniel (and Teal'c) really reacted. I like how you took parts of the episode, parts of the movie, added some new moments, and created a very plausible resolution.
MyNameIsJeffNImLost chapter 9 . 3/22/2012
Another great inserted mission. I like the Robin Hood tie-in. The show should have done that sometime. I also really liked the dog tag symbol of their commitment, as an easy ruse and for its deeper meaning. Sam's committed to Jack because of the dog tags, which is why she isn't committed to him in other ways.
1,262 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »