Reviews for Blind, But Now I See
TraSan chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
Awesome! I'm up late on a "school" night, but what the heck?

I really, really enjoyed this fic and I didn't mind the wait. I knew you'd get back to it shortly.

Since you asked...

I think it being only from Sam's POV worked really well for this story because your story was about Sam's feelings about his brother, discovering for himself what he gave back to Dean and Sam gaining insight into his brother. If we had Dean's POV too, we wouldn't have discovered it right along with Sam.

Now normally, I enjoy when you right from both perspectives, but again, this story was more about Sam learning about Dean and about us learning about Dean through Sam. It worked very, very well.

Not that I'd complain much no matter how you wrote it. It think you rock. LOL.
irishgirl9 chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
Wonderful story! I really liked it from Sam's pov since it was about him realizing how much Dean really meant to him. Great job with that! I look forward to reading more from you.
I'mcalledZorro chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
A really good story! I think the POV was excellent. Geat job all around.
Anna chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
I started reading this on and loved it. As for it being all from Sam's POV, I liked it. Even though it was Sam's POV, it remained a story of the brothers and that's the way it should be. And it was very timely too. We saw in AHBL 2 that Dean does have a low opinion of himself and I think in season 3, we're going to be seeing stuff like this where Sam tries to let Dean know how much he means to him. Good story. I really enjoyed it.
LunarDreamed chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
I really enjoyed your story.

At the end you asked whether it worked just being from one point of view. I think it worked very well. Jumping back and forth can be very confusing. I also think it is a good challenge for a writer to try and express all the things they want with only one point of view to work from. I would stick to single points of view for future stories.
Starliteyes17 chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
Kyrie, what an awesome ending! I LOVED LOVED LOVED it. My favorite part was when Dean admitted that Sam's goldfish actually had died. I laughed so hard I cried when he explained it - I could just see Sam's face spreading to disbelief and then annoyance. Hehe - it still makes me chuckle just to think of it. It's such a Dean thing to do.

What an excellent ending, though! The backstory coupled with the present worked very well, especially in this chapter. They blended together seamlessly. VERY impressive. I know it was over 90 words, but it felt like 900 because I was so trapped in the story.

Hm... I don't mind an entire Sam POV story, but alternating between Dean and Sam is cool too. I love whatever you write, y'know. By the way, congrats on being published in a fanzine! "Thump in the Night" sounds spectacular, just from the snippet I read I was very curious to see what the story is about! Any chance on a summary? ;D

Conclusion (because I could go on and on): great work. Fantastic story. And I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!
Dawn Vesper chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
umm...amazing and best fic ever! i love dean in this story and i love your flashbacks...theyre so cute together!

thanks

VESPER
Catasauqua chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
WoHo! Chapter 6 is here!

Evil, evil doctor to joke about saws and arms!

Hehehe. The Doc lit Drew up! Way to go.

Hey, a little respect there Sammy! You don't knock your big brother off of his chair when he's kicked back!

Watching all of the other family's at the fair is just so sad...

Haha! John-the-Fish in the coffee pot!

Aw, John-the-Fish in the swamp!

"There are so few of us in the world..." Five years, Sammy, give it five years.

OMG! John-the-Fish! Dean! Some things you take to the grave!

"Could you teach me?" Perfect!

Loved your story. Great job.

Cat

This story worked well being told from Sam's POV. You did a excellent job of relaying the OC's reactions and feelings through him. There was no need to switch POV's here.

One note here. The last paragraph in "31/2 weeks later" reads like "Who's on first"! LOL. (not that I could ever dream of doing better!)
Nana56 chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
I didn't like the story. I LOVED the story!

This whole last part really sort of tore me up. Poor Dean! Those horrible guys talking to him in public like that and he handled it so well! He really was lucky to have Sam for a little brother, too.

It might have been ok to have a little of Dean's POV in this, but it was really Sam's story and needed to be told from his POV. I'm a Dean girl and it was cool to see Dean in eyes of his brother and in comparison to that creep, Drew! I wouldn't change a thing about this story, really.

Just an excellent job!
owlrune chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
Man, I loved this chapter so much! -sniffles- You made me cry, and thank you! It was a good sorta cry. And also, I was laughing throughout too. :D

I especially loved the way you were able to find a way for Sam to thank Dean. It was perfect.

I don't think I missed anything without having Dean's pov. You did a good job of showing what he was feeling through Sam's eyes. I like having both their pov's in a story, but I don't think it was needed in this case.

You did such an awesome job! You're amazing. :) Keep it up.
Colby's girl chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
Love the story. I can't say I missed Dean's pov in this story but mostly because the story was told better from Sam's pov. (especially this last chapter and epi). I thought your perception of Dean and Sam's roles in eachother's lives was brilliant. Dean is such a "broken" soul...and your story worked very well in developping this aspect of his character. Hope this all makes sense, I'm a little tired. Take care.
sammygirl1963 chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
Awesome ending to a wonderful story! I especially liked the flashback part and the glimpse into the brothers lives at the fair.

Sammy worshipped his brother for so long and it was heartwarming to find out Dean did everything he could to protect Sam from being hurt-even pretending to save the goldfish!

I look forward to your next story! Please start one soon!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
Wow, there was a lot in here! A lot of issues, revelations, and air-clearing. But nicely juggled so it all tied together and never got to be too much. I especially liked the bit about Dean not being the smooth guy in high school fanon often makes him out to be. I suspect your version is more realistic. And you picked a really nice show-not-tell ending. The theme of mutual respect is particularly perfect after last week's ep, and I quite enjoyed it. Congratulations!
Phx chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
You made my day by posting this today. I so needed a cheer up chapter and this one actually brought tears to my eyes when I was reading the flashback stuff and then the ending part. Wonderful.

I know you had wanted to use this piece as a little pick-me-up for Dean and I think you did a wonderful job on that. He is an intersting character because he doesn't normally suffer from low self-estem usually. He is very cocky and full of himself with every reason to be. He takes good care of his brother and he is an unparrelled hunter. What he does suffer from (in my humble opinion) is more an uncertainty of the importance of his role in his family. He takes his role as Sam's older brother and he uses it to define his non-hunting self and his worth.

So I loved that you had Sam find a way to bolster his brother and to remind Dean that he still has an important role in Sam's life. And that he is still the teacher. Dean kinda reminds me of empty nest parents who start to wonder that 'now the kids are gone what do I do?'

I guess the bottom line for me is, if you want Dean to feel good, let him do what he loves to do: let him be Sam's big brother :) And you did.

Bravo!

I will admit that I did miss Dean's POV, especially since Sam was injured and we don't get to see Dean's reactions or thoughts, we only get what little Dean will say - which is normally understated or brushed off, as is his character.

I am a reactionist and I love either seeing his response or finding out what he thinking when he is dealing with Sam during things like this. Not that I don't think you did a good job trying to portray Dean's side through Sam's eyes, I just feel something is missing when it is viewed through a contrasting opinion :)

I reread the other comparision story you did, which was Dean's POV, and realized the reason why I didn't really miss Sam's side was becasue Sam was the one who was mostly injured so I could still 'see' Dean's reactions.

I just love watching Dean warring between what he is actually feeling and what he wants to project when he's put into a situation where Sam is hurting, one way or the other. However, you do a very good either way. And that is just me.

I do give you kudos for sticking to one POV through the whole story - you are a braver woman than me, lol - because I do know how hard that is.

IMO you did a wonderful job because instead of pitying Dean for not having a lot of friends or being as popular as Sam thought Dean was, it has amplified his strengths of character to me.

My heart still breaks at poor overwieght, zitfaced 'ugly' Sam :) Dean might not have been as popular as Sam thought but he was still a lot to measure up to.

Gosh I love those poor broken boys - both of them :)

Sherry
timetowaste247 chapter 6 . 5/20/2007
I like the insight into sibling relationships.

I thought the Sam POV only worked for this story. I think what made it really complete is because Sam would try to decipher what Dean was thinking, so you basically had the feeling of Dean's POV without actually having it.
370 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »