Reviews for The Missing Lines
Deranged Reviewer chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
What a delightful read. You've managed to capture such a serious and tragic moment with such heart. And I like your Denethor. I'm in the belief that Denethor wasn't as deranged as he was and that he really loved both his sons very much but was never the type to show it.
Albie chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
That was very sweet and sad. It made me a bit teary (well... very teary, actually), but I loved it, especially when Denethor came in. Great work! (:
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
Just - T_T - heartbreakingly well-done. Very excellent display of all the Hurin men, with nice cameos from Finduilas's siblings, too.
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 7/2/2008
that was so sad! i liked the bit with denethor at the end best.
Tawny Owl chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
No I don't think Boromir would be the singing type either. That was lovely. I really enjoyed it, especially Denethor turning up at the end.

Did you write the song yourself as well? Or is it one of Tolkien's? I really liked the lyrics and it reminded me a bit of 'In to the West '
Nelarun chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
This was really sweet. The ending was lovely... listening to laments is not the best of thing to be listening to when reading stories like this. Well done!

Nela
Ethuil chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
This is so endearing, and sad at the same time. I love that scene at the end where Denethor shows his grief, I'm glad you portrayed him in a positive way. The song itself is really beautiful as well, very wistful and lyrical, almost elf-like, and makes Finduilas come alive before our eyes even if she doesn't occur personally in the story. It's a truly touching story. This is going on my favourites.
Mister Frodo chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
This really is an incredible story. It's touching and sad, yet it has a gentle and almost uplifting side to it. The song is nice, and I really like how you portray Faramir and Boromir. (And I'm glad they're not fighting but instead getting along.) Of course, the ending perfectly seals it all.

This is a touching, tender, and great story. I'd have to say that it is, like your Rainbows story, one of the best fan fics I have ever read.
Cressida1 chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
This story had a nice, sad but reflective mood. I loved the ending! I particularly like the detail about Denethor leaving quickly before he breaks down.

Cressida
the fool on the hill chapter 1 . 5/3/2007
interesting, portrays sides of boromir and denethor not normally seen. it's like well, the end to the bartimaeus trilogy-sad, and touching as well. guess it's time for you to write some lighter material, then.
Illwynd chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Oh wow, this is a very beautiful story. You've caught a particular sort of melancholy here that I think fits very well with how they all must have been feeling. I love the idea of the 2 boys pooling their memories of the song to try to sing it complete... and Denethor showing up unexpectedly to help them at the end! Wonderful! *applauds*
KsandraMallan chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
This is extremely sweet- I loved it! The song was lovely.
spiritstallion chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
I really loved this it's going in my c2!
Susan W chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
That was beautiful! And thank you for not writing a mean spirited Denethor, I love the way he finished the song and then quickly left. One can understand him not wanting to meet his sons eyes knowing that he will break down in front of them. It must have been very hard for him to keep up appearances out in public and in front of his little boys, knowing that he must appear strong and effective.

Love the image of little Faramir telling his big brother how he's supposed to hold him and share the song. :) :)

Very nice song! And a wonderfully done vignette altogether!
Lady Anck-su-namun chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Aww that's so sad! Great job!