Reviews for Stand Up Stand Out
M. Monster chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
I *adore* the Borderland series. And this was amazingly A-MAY-ZING.

Well written, hard to follow if you haven't read the books, though. Loved the dialogue.
Ivanobraun chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
I really enjoy reading your works. Cause you actually make it a more realistic life-not always 'and they lived happily ever after'

And you don't just stick with one pairing. :]
Decorinne chapter 1 . 10/23/2007
Also brilliant. I will have to check out this borderland series if it is anything like what you have written. The whole gang warfare and racial divides in the midst of such a diverse and magical culture . . . awesome! Thanks for writing!
kanammk chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
you are an amazing author. don't ever stop, kay.
ooOoo0ooOoo chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
TT, I wish I had some ryhthm so that I could write you song about what your stories mean to me-ee
Kyrian chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
...I saw your description, and the first thing that came to mind was 'HOLY SHIT IT'S GOLDY'(which I said rather loudly). Then I thought about it, and decided it couldn't be a B-town fic, because absolutely NO ONE'S heard of B-town.

And then I read it. And I fell in love.

It was really, REALLY good, and I was hooked by the first sentence. Just know that if you do feel like writing the whole thing, you'll have one fan dedicated before you even post it.

I liked the witty writing; it was very Will Shetterly-esque and really got the Bordertown feel. I liked that Roxas was a Wharf Rat too; it's nice to see some of the already established stuff mixed in with the new. The Beast's Castle mention was cool too; you don't really see people tie in things other than the characters with AU stories any more.

One thing I thought could be fixed though: a lot of the story was just description of things that happened and people who were there, and not really a lot of 'in the moment' storyline was going on. Of course, then, if this is just an outline, than that's understandable, of course.

“Sit on it and spin.”

That got me every time. I've never heard anyone say that before in my life. I love it.

Give writing the whole thing some serious thought, huh? I would be ecstatic.

~Ky
alicia chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
you always have them trying on roles. making them into different people. it's really sweet though, what you produce of out it. taking blank paper and dry ink, you create something real nice.
antler chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
Crap. Stop writing such amazing stuff, will you? You give me inspiration when I shouldn't be getting any. ~throws keyboard at you~. Anyways. I really enjoyed this story. You always have such inventive ideas that are never repeats of other people's fics. I adore the description you used in this, and the emotion. God, the emotion. That is something you always convey so beautifully. The ending was very cool - it was an awesome way to finish while still leaving a lot up to imagination. Excellent job.
lewdness chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
I'm constantly amazed at how you can make most any situation/pairing/theme work and just fit with whatever you're doing. This was so very interesting, and I would love to see it continued, if you ever feel like writing it. :)