Reviews for O Mine Enemy
Saphira Veera chapter 61 . 5/9
What a journey this was. A damn rollercoaster of emotions. You, my good author, have become one of my most favorite Severitus authors ever. I am so so so so glad I stumbled upon this fic a few days ago. You’ve written the most, IMHO, realistic Harry-Severus mentor/mentee relationship ever. I love how you didn’t rush things between them. I love how you brought them together, broke them up and ultimately brought themselves together again. I teared up at the “two lonely souls, lost, in need of family and desirous of belonging.” because it sums them both so much. I wish wish wish canon had a happy ending for Sev. I hate that he died without ever truly been loved by someone. He’s not a saint, ofc not, but he had been through so much pain to try to make up for his mistakes and sins, and I believe that’s what makes us human!

Thank you thank you thank you for this incredibly well-written novel, you have my utmost thanks and gratitude. Not just for writing it but also for completing it because God knows we have a lot on our plate already as a working adult to pay our mortgages but you’ve spent so much time and love for this story. The dedication! You are an amazing human beingI don’t know if you respond to reviews anymore but I would love to hear some of YOUR favorite Severitus fics.

Wishing you all the very very very best in life.
Saphira Veera chapter 54 . 5/8
oh this was so heartwarming. the way Snape barreled in after Harry summoned him through the ring, and immeadiately began checking him for injuries. he was so worried. man they hurt me so much because I know Snape would have been an A father if he did have a son from the start!
Saphira Veera chapter 53 . 5/8
you know, Im so glad you didnt make Harry hate his friends or anythinf like that. some Severitus fics always try to paint his friends evil and I really cannot see Harry hating his friends and choosing Snape over them.
Saphira Veera chapter 44 . 5/7
"because you should have been my son. lets out a pained muffled scream* NOOOOO I didnt expect that at all! Damn it that was so beautiful, such angst,
Saphira Veera chapter 42 . 5/7
just wanted to let you know that I have not stopped reading, its just that things are getting so heated rn I can barely stop! i must say I enjoyed all of your quirky author notes, its so bizarre to see that youve only recently completed this fic! i wish Id gotten to know this way before so I could have the pleasure of being replied to. you sound like such a lovely soul, not to mention an incredibly talented writer. an all around wonderful person
Saphira Veera chapter 34 . 5/7
oh man I love their dynamic so much. and I love Snape's dialogue! he's like a walking thesaurus hahaha. you've captured his speech behaviour so perfectly
Saphira Veera chapter 27 . 5/6
"initiate the melding process" aaaah that sounded so intimate! i love how youre explaining Occlumency here. each author seem to have their own way of explaining how it works but I love yours!
Saphira Veera chapter 21 . 5/6
omg im so glad you decided to finish this story. its been such a ride so far!
Saphira Veera chapter 25 . 5/6
Haha I love Snapes super long winded speeches. Youve captured his character really well! Love how awkward they both are. I cant stand stories where they have Snape acting soft from the get go. I believe it takes a long time for both to reach a mutual reconciliation. Til then Ill gladly embrace the angst that is undoubtedly due to come!
Saphira Veera chapter 18 . 5/5
I laughed out loud at Harry and Sev’s exchange with Dobby omg theyre so cute
I don't need a reply. This was well done. Thank you for writing!
mxdragonlady chapter 36 . 5/3
Well obviously it couldn't go well forever but it's still so heartbreaking to see things go backwards so badly :( oh Harry! Making mistakes and knowing it's your fault is so crushing.
mxdragonlady chapter 35 . 5/3
Have been reading this fic, but I just felt I had to review this chapter! Harry's sass is delightful and it really has the vibe of cannon Harry, and I love his talks with Snape.
I remember reading this story ten years or so ago, and feeling sad that such an interesting and well-written story hadn’t been finished. Here we are in 2021, and I remembered your story as clear as anything, and I could not believe how amazing it was that it was complete!
Better than any Netflix box-set could ever be, bingeing on your story was the most exhilarating read! I read the whole thing in a couple of days, snatched in hours on either end of busy days, and fell in love with your characters, and your glorious writing.
Once completed, I went back and read it all again, slowly this time, drinking in each word. There are so many gems of phrases in your writing, I can’t collate them all to report back. All I can do is thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this with us all, for surely it has brought the same light to many people that it has to me.
I love everything about this story, your writing, and I cannot thank you enough,
Thanks KirbyLane!