Reviews for Imagine
NaughtyGnome chapter 16 . 1/31/2009
I really love this story. All of the emotions, the fear, and the fact that they are both screwed up and they know it makes it a great story. I can't wait to see how you end the story.
Starlight77 chapter 16 . 1/31/2009
Thank you so so much for updating! I'm really glad I could help inspire you to do so. This update is such a treat!

First off, thank you for the Eric/Hyde scene. I love those scenes where either Eric or Hyde is trying to be a real friend, helping the other get his head out of his ass to see what's in front of him. Way to go Eric with confronting Hyde with what he said last night and making him take the notebook.

I loved the part where Hyde was denying in his head the relevance of Eric's advice. I especially like that you mentioned how Hyde had come to a point where he'd actually been considering marriage (seriously, not like that drunken mistake & sham of a marriage that his marriage with Sam was). And he'd been considering it because of Jackie. It's funny how deeply Hyde is still in denial. There are all these signs pointing to the fact that he loves Jackie, but he just can't quite get it yet. He can't let himself believe it.

Also, the Eric/Hyde scene contrasted greatly with the Donna/Jackie scene. Donna, on the other hand, hasn't been a great friend. I'm glad Jackie stood up for herself and made herself clear.

And oh, the scene where she asked Hyde if he had anything to say to her now just broke my heart. It's so hard for her to let go of that hope. Especially when she's given those moments like the one where their eyes locked and she thought she could see into him. If he could just be stone cold to her all the time, maybe she could give up. But, it only takes that one moment to undo her. And, despite it all, she cares for him. I love her concern over his appearance and her still getting weak in the knees around him, after everything.

Favorite part though was Hyde thinking that he wanted Jackie to tell him that she knew he loved her. His desperation was so palpable. But Jackie can't figure that one out for him. I want Hyde to realize that being a man doesn't necessarily mean bottling up your feelings and not allowing yourself to feel anything. It means owning up to them when the time is right. He has to be the one to, with certainty, tell Jackie that he loves her.

Anyhoo...I'm scared for Kitty! The ending was a bit of a shock. I wasn't expecting something like that to happen at all. I'm interested in seeing where you go with this, how the plot will be moved forward by Kitty's accident.
JIngram chapter 4 . 1/31/2009
Man, I need to get insomnia more often if I'm going to find stories like yours! This is very well written & in character. I like very much! Jackie/Hyde is my absolute favorite pairing and I'm very happy to find a great story like this. To the next chapter!
kmgale chapter 16 . 1/31/2009
This was an awesome chapter. I love your Hyde-you write his inner monologue so perfectly. Great job! I can't wait to read more-don't leave us hanging for too long, ok? Is Kitty ok? Will Hyde ever admit he loves Jackie? I'm anxious! :)
MirrorKate chapter 16 . 1/31/2009
So excited to see a posting on this - I can't wait to read the rest!
Starlight77 chapter 15 . 1/21/2009
You have such an amazing grasp of the characters, their motivations and their intentions and their desires and needs. It makes for such an awesome read. You describe what they're thinking and feeling so vividly, that when their stomach clenches, I swear I feel mine clench a bit and when their heart constricts in their chest, I feel a pain in my own.

I really love how you describe their physical responses in particular. And you show how they react physically reflects how they're feeling emotionally.

And you just show why they react they do, brilliantly. Each of their behaviors make sense, because you explain it - making use of their inherent personality traits and their complicated histories from childhood and of their relationship. Like the chapter when Hyde realized he was treating Jackie like Bud treated Edna, and he felt compelled to act better for her.

Or, how, Hyde couldn't help but feel his annoyance at the little, shallow things Jackie sometimes indulges in - like when she was telling him what flowers she liked at the memorial. And that prompted him to wonder if he was making the right choice.

And so the whole back-and-forth between them - every time they seem to get closer but then retreat from each other once more - it all makes sense. you don't just do it as an unnecessary way of prolonging the story but you do it because you're having Jackie and Hyde work through each and every issue, each and every doubt.

This final chapter was brilliant with how you had Jackie realize that she couldn't love him enough to make up for the fact that he might never know how he feels about her. And it's fair of her to feel that way, it's completely logical for her to feel that way and not be able to wait. Because she's right. If he realizes he doesn't love her after all that waiting, her spirit will really be shred. She can't put herself through the heartbreak. She's human. We all instinctively act towards our own self-preservation. And while love made her able to stand all his taunts and all the other stuff he'd put her through - she could only do so because of that "naive yet endearing optimism" that was so sure of the fact that her love was returned wholeheartedly. It is beyond hard to give so much of yourself away for not enough back.

Not to say that I can't see where Hyde is coming from too. You've done a beyond amazing job of showing how deeply his childhood and all his life experiences have affected to him to this point where he doesn't know what love is. If he can feel it at all. If he does feel it and just doesn't know it. He doesn't recognize it. He doesn't understand it. The truths ingrained to him since he can remember aren't going to easily go away. Because, as you've shown, the only time he thought he truly loved someone was with Jackie. But with how much crap their relationship has gone through since then, of course he has to doubt if it was love. Or if it was something else that couldn't seem to last, couldn't seem to save them both from all this pain.

What he has to realize is that love doesn't mean an absence of suffering. He has to realize how love is strengthened through suffering, purified by pain. That the fact that they still feel so strongly about each other, that Jackie can still love him so much and forever, after all the pain they've both been through just makes it all the more beautiful. And the love they can share, the good they can have, makes it all worth it. The sweet moments he gives her, the glimpses she gets of the real Steven underneath all the Zen and BS, that's enough to thrill her and make her want to be with him. But to give him her heart, to love him again in the way she wants to, she's going to need a little more than that. She's going to need a certainty of feeling to match her own.

I really really am so interested in seeing how you will get them there. How you will get Hyde to the point where he can admit he loves her and wants her forever, even if he doesn't know what may happen in the future.

Please update again when you can. I enjoy this story more than I can say.
DeeJ22 chapter 15 . 1/17/2009
I just read this entire story in one sitting on a friday night. It's great, please update soon!
ANONYMOUS chapter 15 . 12/1/2008
PLEASE UPDATE!

I AM SO CURIOUS HOW YOU ARE GOING TO END IT!
JH4eva chapter 15 . 11/1/2008
Has this been abandoned again? :(

I hope hot, this is really good!
aliensister chapter 15 . 9/26/2008
OH MY GOD! I am in such freaking awe! I have been reading this for the last two days...I mean I actually came home early from a night out drinking and dancing with my friends, cause I just couldn't stop thinking about what was gonna happen next, and then I finish the latest chapter with a slight hang over but I could sleep any more cause I kept thinking about the story(I'm a slightly obsessive reader lmao) but I just NEED to BEG you to update soon, please!...PLEASE?

HUGS!...I don't do this for many stories, WIPs especially but this story is going on my Fav list, it's just so amazing... I just...wow, am so in awe of you and your story and your writing ability right now...

Hugs Mel x x x
anon chapter 15 . 9/11/2008
Hey, I just wanted to say that I love this story and I'm dying to know what happens next!
rebeldivaluv chapter 15 . 8/21/2008
I hate reading works in progress. I'm so impatient to know what happens next, and you know better than just about anyone how to end with the reader wanting more. You had Hyde step on his glasses - with the boots Jackie bought him. That's just...that's pretty much my favorite moment in Zen fanfic ever.

But GAH! Those two! Jackie's so caught in that conflict between whether she can make him love her and protecting herself from getting hurt again that she can't freakin' make up her mind.

And Hyde's just as clueless and in his self-protection mode, and, damn it, can't they ever just get it together?

I hope you realize that my insane ramblings are testament to how good this story is and how much I want more - especially that happy ending you've promised.

Love it! Can't wait for more!
rebeldivaluv chapter 14 . 8/21/2008
Huh. Okay, so Hyde's epiphany last chapter wasn't as much of an epiphany as I thought. Seriously, what does he think he feels for Jackie if it's not love? Stupid screwed-up boy. And yet one can't help but love him. I guess that's poor Jackie's problem, too. I liked that Jackie said it didn't matter; it's so like her to put it off, to think she can fix it, or make him, if she just gives him time.

Oh! And I loved her line about Donna needing friendship lessons. Damn right, she does.

But someone needs to knock Hyde upside the head and explain to him what love is. Preferably Jackie. She's certainly earned the right.

Almost forgot! Good call on the Chrissy reference; I was wondering if you were going to bring that up again. Chrissy was the girl who, on paper, is best for Hyde, but she never really was. She could never change him, or push him, or make him crazy, or make him better. Which are all the reasons he both hates and loves - and most especially needs - Jackie.
rebeldivaluv chapter 13 . 8/21/2008
Okay, sorry about the last review, but I really did need to see what was next, and now I can be all happy and try to put something real together.

First of all, I forgot to mention last chapter, how I loved that Jackie didn't even have to think before choosing Hyde, that's her natural reaction after all.

Secondly, I'm not a huge John Lennon fan, but I admit that I completely adore "Oh My Love" and have for a long time. It's just such a sweet, simple song with so much emotion streaming through it, so I was pretty much happy from the very beginning.

I love the flashback; it was along the lines of what I was expecting, but I loved that you had Hyde finally realizing what he'd done to her, and having that be what enabled him to stop it. Also, the apologies were so beautiful - and long overdue. *grumbles*Stupid Season 8*grumbles*

Jackie saying she wished it was still their summer kinda broke my heart, because don't we all? But then that nice little piece of hope at the end brought the smile back.
rebeldivaluv chapter 12 . 8/21/2008
GAH! Okay, I can't even formulate a coherent review after that last teaser of a scene. I so need to go onto the next chapter now.

But, um, I loved Hyde telling Shawn he didn't want to mess with him "not about her." Swoon.

And poor drunk Jackie. All her truths and all her insecurities do have a way of flowing out of her, don't they? Loved the dance, and the lap-sitting and the Yoko reference. But, mostly, I just need to know what happened, so I'm going to read the next chapter now. Wonderful, as always.
298 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »