Reviews for Go Quietly Into that Winter's Night
Tim chapter 3 . 9/16
Hoped this was good, but it's not. You make him the winter knight, and then continue with Canon.
Dresden's not part of the council anymore, ortega can't stop a war between red and white by challenging winter. Two, being the winter knight isn't anywhere as simple as you've made it. Where was the ritual to pass power, where's the psychological effects, what about his physical enhancements you forgot about when copy-pasting the ortega scene, how does everyone actually close to him react, how does bob react considering may wants him dead and Harrys now her knight. Harry's conflict over his brute jobs was completely wrong, where's his interaction with the Queens? White council's reaction? Where's Lea?
I'd say good luck improving, but this would need a complete rewrite to be good.
Also, the only point where harry would consider taking knighthood was immediately after, giving him more time to think would show him what a bad idea it was. He's a wizard, one of the wise. Stop writing him the fool.
This is a really interesting idea, but please don't ruin it by making a Canon rehash with ice powers. Consider all the implications and actually plan and write a story of your own design.
James317 chapter 3 . 1/5/2013
Nice! hope you update again sooner
Estralde chapter 3 . 1/26/2012
This is really good, but I wonder why its been four years since you updated. Have you really abandoned this? You sound (in your note) so certain that this story will continue.
Fire From Above chapter 3 . 7/4/2011
It was too similar to the book.
Fire From Above chapter 2 . 7/4/2011
Neat portrayal of that world.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
I like the purpose of the knight.
Nero200 chapter 3 . 6/2/2011
This story was great, I really enjoyed how Harry was IC but still took the offer, shame this has been abandoned
Incoqnito chapter 2 . 6/24/2010
Hmm .. Harry offering everything to the Summer Queen for her forgiveness seemed .. I don't know .. off.

And why would he need her forgiveness; Aurora tried to kill him and the whole human race. Even is she did have a screw or two loose it seems only fair that he would try to kill her.
Acheron Blake chapter 3 . 4/17/2010
I love this story. It's great. Harry taking up the Winter mantle Please update the story.
Stygian Styx chapter 3 . 12/5/2009
not bad, though I am confused with the last bit. I don't know about the TV series, I haven't seen it, but in the books the rings store up kinetic energy gathered by the motions of his arm and hand. His shield bracelet runs off of his own power, not charges, and he dosen't need his staff or blasting rod to perform evocation magic, it just makes it easier to control. Are you using the books or the TV series?
dreamhunter501 chapter 3 . 8/13/2009
nice story lots of potential
e chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
thats a pretty cool way to explain Mab's supposed insanity from the books. writing is solid, very similar in style to the books as well
Tmctflyboy chapter 3 . 10/3/2008
love the story, look forward to seeing how being the winter night will change things
Odin13 chapter 3 . 10/2/2008
I always wondered what would happen if Harry became the Winter knight. But i kinda thought that'd he'd become a little more bad ass and powerful. So far all he's done is shoot ice like he could fire. and is he not gonna do any fire anymore cause it's all summery
Beth Weasley chapter 3 . 9/16/2008
Ut oh. I'm guessing that I'd rather not know where that round landed, huh? Or did it hit the erstwhile Father Vincent? Has he even been replaced by the demon at this point? Would love to see more of this!