Reviews for A Final Session
spatula of happiness chapter 12 . 6/4/2011
This is so good, I enjoyed it such a lot, thank you very much! You have such a good take on all the characters it was like watching an episode - or better, really, as it lasted longer!

You are a remarkable writer for having devised a believable case fic but also explored such a sensitive area in Jim's relationship with Christie.

Thanks again, you made my day!
Arken Elf chapter 12 . 7/20/2007
Wow, Idont have words, fantastic fic, continue soon
BettyAnn chapter 12 . 6/28/2007
Hey there. Reading and liking! But...I need to know - you been following me? So far, I see my last name and now the vet hospital? I take my cat to Juniper Valley Animal Hospital in Queens. Coincidence? :)
mhs-111 chapter 11 . 6/20/2007
[“Yeah.” She nodded towards the penlight. “His eyes … my partner, he’s blind.”

“Ah. That would explain the limited response then.”]

I think, Jim's problem is in his "eye's nerve" not in the "eye-ball". As long as the eye-balls have no damage, their responses look pretty normal while exposed to penlight, iris etc.
mhs-111 chapter 5 . 6/20/2007
Nice story!

Just catching up and couldn't help to see that people made gestures while answering Jim. Here are 2 of them:

"Jim raised his eyebrows. Marty’s shoulders sagged and he shook his head."

"Jims’ brow knitted and he looked over to Karen a bemused look on his face. Shrugging she answered Jims question about the notes."
Beth Pryor chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
The joke's on those guys because Playboy is most certainly printed in Braille :-)
moms5thchild chapter 12 . 5/19/2007
This is a good story and I enjoyed it from start to finish.

I like the different aspects of the characters that you have shown here, expecially a budding friendship between Karen and Christie. I also like the fact that you are showing more of the home life of the Dunbars. Coping with a disability is an ongoing process and cannot be resolved in overnight... hell, resolution is probably impossible. The day to day living is the hardest part and you have shown that there is still much work to be done here.

I like the banter and I like your handling of the other BJ characters, expecially Tom Selway, who is often ignored by writers. I include myself there because I still haven't got a handle on Tom.

I look forward to reading more of your work.

Sincerely,

Mom
ashatanii chapter 12 . 5/18/2007
Hm, happy sigh! :-) I am thoroughly enjoying where this story is going. I like the change in pace and the fact that it feels like it's nowherenear finished yet. I like the dramatic irony of

Karen's angst and it sets me up beautifully anticipating their first proper talk. Nice complexity in the relationship with Christie, unexpected and very welcome. Also love the way the tape was heard, just Karen and Fisk, perfect. Fisk's choice to bury it sits well with me too. The level of detail isgreat, I can see the doorway and the appartment to the perp's place as clear as day. Thanks for writing, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Ash
Chris10e chapter 12 . 5/18/2007
Awesome! Laverla, you are a great writer I really loved this fanfic.

I hope that you'll write more, soon?
smithcrafter chapter 12 . 5/18/2007
This was a really good story. Is there going to be a sequel? It could use one. Considering that Jim was so self-conscious about whether or not he could still protect Christie since he was blinded, all of the putdowns that guy was giving him during the attack would have to stick with him and make him feel even less capable. He'd convince himself the guy was at least partially right, since he couldn't stop the attack. Even though he actually DID protect her, I can't see him thinking that way. I see the guy's words going over and over in his mind, convincing him even more that he's NOT as capable as before the accident. Also, Karen didn't tell Christie exactly what Jim did to protect her (i.e. taking the pills). It would have been interesting to get her reaction to finding that out. That could come in a sequel, too.
bjobsessed chapter 11 . 5/13/2007
Just wanted to let you know that I'm totally loving this story and always wait impatiently for the next chapter. I think you have Karen's reactions just right. I don't think anything can prepare you for what she has experienced in the last two chapters. I know she is supposed to be professional and tough on the job, but she is also human and this is her partner fighting for his life. I can't believe what a whiny little weasel Edward's turned out to be. I love it! Don't keep us waiting too long.
LongLashes1 chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
I am so glad you came back with another strong chapter - for some reason, I found Chapter Ten a little bit of a letdown, especially after the terrific cliff-hanging finish of Chapter Nine. This one, however, solves a lot the issues, especially how creatively you handled what, to me, had to be one of Ten's biggest red flags, that of Karen's initial reaction. It was so far out of character from the Karen we knew but, now, having been reconciled in this chapter, it seems so incredibly believable. Great job with that, great job with the little fix, and great job here. Looking forward to what comes next.
smithcrafter chapter 11 . 5/13/2007
GOOD chapter. You handled Karen's reactions very well. I've really enjoyed this entire story, and I can't wait for the next chapter. I hope it's not TOO close to the end yet.
smithcrafter chapter 10 . 5/12/2007
I've really been enjoying this story, but I really can't picture Karen going blaqnk when her partner needed help so badly. Once they get him to the hospital and there's nothing more for her to do, yeah, but not now. I don't think she would have assumed he was already dead. She would have checked for herself.
LongLashes1 chapter 9 . 5/10/2007
Great cliff hanger ending to your latest chapter. This story is so well written throughout - there are areas here where you have implemented just the right amount of description; what a difference to read something where the author allows the mind to interpret, to see, to feel...fabulous! (Like Jim's love of the squad room - I could feel his freedom!) Just one little criticism and it's not a big thing although I find it bothersome - your continued use of the term "forwards" - the term is "forward" - and I probably wouldn't say anything except that it is prevalent throughout. That said, I am, like your other reviewers, not waiting entirely patiently for the next chapter.