Reviews for Gum Wrappers
SouthernChoChang chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Amazing story, I confess it did make me cry, I knew Neville had it worse but I had never seen it in that light before.

Thank you for that wonderful story.

CS
zebrasdancing chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
very very sweet
merbear137 chapter 1 . 8/8/2007
that quote... the first one about happiness... it's one of my favorites. my sister has a poster of it on her wall, with the two girls in the window, one smiling and one frowning. wondering if you have the same poster.
Pandachan99 chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
..Wow, That was wow..I got tery.
christine217 chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Wow. Maybe I'm just overly emotional or something, but I pretty much cried a teensy bit at the end. That was very touching, and it made my day. Kudos!
evangaline maria lily chapter 1 . 6/26/2007
oh. oh that was so wonderful. it really moved me... a wonderfully well writen insite on the poor guy...
Sarah26 chapter 1 . 6/25/2007
WOW! Great writing! I love how you portrayed the characters and at the end you nearly made me cry! I'd love to read more of your stories!
Generic Gen chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
ahh... a feel-good teary story. good job.

i actually was rereading order of the phoenix today and remembered a oneshot that really affected me about neville collecting the gum wrappers. i think this was it.
SuGaRLiLy chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
I enjoyed this very much- I've always liked Neville. The ending was fantastic- very touching, very sad. I love the idea of him literally papering his walls with gum wrappers because its the only really tangible aspect of his mother that he can take away from the hospital.

You narrative tone was engaging, and your diction, very good.

My only point of constructive criticism is that Neville's dialog with his Gran when she comes into his bedroom comes off as overly mature and almost trite to me. Though I realize that he has been through a lot, I'm not sure that the dialog here is as natural and fluid as it could be.

Other than that, awesome job on this. It's nice to see a genuinely good fic about Neville out there. ]
hydraspit chapter 1 . 5/5/2007
I've always kind of seen Neville like this, sorry I'm a huge Neville fan. I always just want to jump right into the books to give him a big hug.

this was beautiful though. You've done a really good job here. If I hadn't already seen Neville in this light, I definitely would from now on. *smiles hopefully* I hope that at least semi- made your day because this was a really wonderful peice.

Great work.
chocoluvr chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
How sad for Neville to experience this and to see his parents like that, never knowing them. I like the implication that he did see some of her torture, I think that its implied in canon or that he was tortured himself for a little bit. I like to see the frustration in her voice, if she knew about the prophecy, I would think that she would tell him that she wished that he was The Boy Who Lived, at least his parents would be dead.
Asparaga chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
Yes, you have brought Neville to a new light! I've always liked the dear boy, but you've added another layer of depth to him. That was beautiful, very well written. It makes you pity and understand Neville all at once. Excellent job, it was just beauitful. One of my favorites!
Ifab1ndiya chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
You did bring light to Neville, it was really nice. YOu showed Neville in a new way and it was great that you did that. Really great story. It is sort of like HPB, he gets bubblegum wrappers and I think the healer ward is suspicious. I think there is something going on, some kind of bribe or imperious curse. Voldemort is back