Reviews for The Way Things Were
moonwolfy chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
-cries in corner- wah that was soo sad!
Sora Sotara chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Sad. I don't often (if ever) say this but poor Hiei. It's terrible to lose someone you held dear though they are still around you in a sense. (*sighs*) But then relationships die so easily...
Anna Jaganshi chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
This was heart-clenchingly tragic, and I'm still sitting with my tissue box. It became my best friend in the story before this one. TT_TT D: :( and all those other litle things that mean i'm bawling and frecking sad. _ Life can be so cruel... But do keep writing more! Even if it's sad, the stories are all good!
jane chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
i'm sorry if my review makes somebody mad or hurts but honestly,isn't hiei is supposed to be the smartest one after kurama?then why would he took a very long time to realise that his bestfriend is actually gone?did he just failed to notice the differences between kurama and youko?

love the part when hiei is least he loves kurama(if not as a lover,at laest as a friend,ally and partner).it indicates that he cares about kurama.
BlueUtopiah chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
The angst in this is amazing. I love how you portrayed Kurama's duality and gave him different access to emotion from human to demon forms.

This was wonderfully painful, and I love how you spread it over two one-shots. Poor Hiei, he didn't have a chance at love.
TwistedLilBarbie chapter 1 . 5/20/2007
how beautifully tragic...the last line
kerbear chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
All I can say to this chapter is"wow" .I found this story first so I'm only going on what I've read here and it was very see Hiei finally know what Shuichi couldn't say yet tried to show instead and to have what he thought he still had be only an emtpy see Hiei feel maybe for the first time was (I can't think of the right word)I want to know what happens now though,is there another part,will Hiei leave Kurama or show him what his unknown feelings are that were left as an aftermath of being human? I'm going to find and read the first part and I already know I won't be Very well done.
Tomorokoshi chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
You make me feel like crying. But not so much that I actually do. In front of people.
Storming Lilacs chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Dang. I always love when fics address the Yoko/Shuichi conflict. Very sad, especially how Hiei didn't realize at first that he was dealing with someone entirely different.
Demon Fox Tikirri chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
okay, i'm sorry. both stories were entirely too short for my taste, but they both answered my questions. all except one, that is. WHY THE HELL DIDN'T KURAMA AND HIEI KISS? i mean, that would have been the perfect dieing scene. kurama could have kissed hiei leaving him confused at what the kiss meant but i can't write a story like that because it would be too similar to your stories. sorry, i'm just a rambler, but i still think they should have kissed.
Sik chapter 1 . 4/30/2007