Reviews for Lessons
kchan1 chapter 8 . 11/30/2007
...another great chapter...

I forgot to add something to my other review...

If you have seen the 20-whatever movie of Phantom of the Opera, you know when beginning chords of teh piano starts when the Phantom comes out of the mirror, and takes Christine's hand... This is what I invisioned in my mind. Just thought that'd help you understand my insanity of having that song come into my head.

LOL, made my day (night?) though...
kchan1 chapter 7 . 11/30/2007
Okay, this chapter made me crack up laughing... not because it was a funny chapter, because it wasn't - but EXACTLY AFTER I read the line:

"Come, Katie. It is nearly nightfall, and we must prepare. There is something great about you."

-and before reading ANYTHING underneath that line, the song Phantom of teh Opera IMMEDIATELY came in my mind.

THEN, I read about the Angel of ART made me LAUGH, because you know, Angel of Music and all that in the PoTO play.

Great story though!
flower-carnage chapter 13 . 6/24/2007
Oh, I'm loving this so far! Katie's such a refreshing character, and I love her kind of/sort of/not really bonding with Martha. That was a very nice touch. I also love how we (at least I) can relate to Katie instead of pitying her.

And the "Phantom of the Opera" off-hand reference wins.

Please update soon!
tromana chapter 11 . 5/31/2007
Been reading this for a while, but first review - sorry. Anyway. Fantastic, love the character interactions and the way you've slotted Katie in with the 3 of them (although admittedly we're yet to see Capt Jack with Martha and the Doctor - but it seems how I'd imagine it to be after they've got over the initial shock). Looking forward to more. xxHMC
templremus1990 chapter 11 . 5/31/2007
Lovely. You do a great Martha. Much too short as always...when something's this good you always want more of it! Very sad and very real.
Bubblez-rocks-your-socks chapter 10 . 5/27/2007
Good fic. And you captured Marthas annoyingness well. However, i would have preferred it with Rose. As, I believe, several people would.

To emphasie that, have you read the amount of reunion/fluff fics?

She may also be returning, as shown on Billies wikipedia page. And may i point out that the sun (Granted - its the sun, so its unlikely to be true) has said martha has been sacked because people arent liking her? rumours have to develop from somewhere, people dont just imagine that for no reason.

Bubblez.

Because someones gotta admit Martha's annoying.
Raxacoricofallapatorius chapter 10 . 5/27/2007
This is a good fic...but it would be much better if it was Rose instead of Martha 'cos I think she's just pathetic.

and to prove my point...according to The Sun newspaper, she's been sacked from the show because she isn't right for it *smirk*

I know that newspaper isn't always truthful, but rumours always come from somewhere xD.

Raxacoricofallapatorious

(Because someones gotta hate martha)

xx
Hunt's Honey chapter 9 . 5/17/2007
Hey, really liking this story, can't wait for more. If you still need a beta, let me know, i'd be happy to beta for you! please update soon! Lisa :)
templremus1990 chapter 9 . 5/10/2007
Yay! Longer chapter!

Really really powerful stuff. Your characters are all developing really well with each other, and I love the way you're portraying the Martha-Doctor-Jack relationship.
templremus1990 chapter 5 . 5/3/2007
"the alien Doctor and his alien ship. Which are alien."

Best line ever. You have a great character established here and I'm loving the swiftness of the updares: keep going!
0-MrDragon-0 chapter 3 . 5/3/2007
This story seems interesting but I'm kind of waiting for Katie to show some proper expression, it just seems very steriotypically teenager just now.
GiraffeGirl chapter 3 . 5/3/2007
Another lively narrative. Yay! I would offer to beta but can't guarantee I'll have the time, so it wouldn't really be fair. Hope you find someone!
templremus1990 chapter 3 . 5/2/2007
I'm still loving this. My only gripe is that the chapters are way too short! Please update asap!
campbellk2 chapter 2 . 5/2/2007
Wow, I think your unique style of narrative is wonderfully refreshing, as is the plot. It's so good to be able to read this piece from soeone who has the ability to write it. This isn't meant in an superior manner but there are so many people on this site who just stab at fanfiction to fulfil their shipping dreams and then there are people like you hwo enthrall a reader.

I positively can't wait to see how this progresses and how Katie develops!
GiraffeGirl chapter 2 . 5/1/2007
This is one amazingly individual character, I love the way you're distorting and challenging our expectations. I especially love the way even Katie doesn't know what she's like, it's believable. I began reading chapter 1 in a kind of "oh goody another no-hoper turned round by meeting the Doctor... very original" (sarcasm there), but reading on, little lines like:

"I'm Katie." Because my name really is Katie and I don't feel like giving my last name. I never use it anyway.

and

I may not strike you as the artsy type, but I've never really gotten the opportunity to try it out. Who knows, maybe that's something I really am good at. Or maybe just another thing for me to suck at.

The only thing I think it lacks is a development of the other characters who we already know, but I guess if we're seeing it through Katie's eyes those bits will come.

Read your profile, I so understand where you're coming from with the gaps between updates! I'm adding this to alerts so I'll swing by again when you've stopped having a life (how DARE you? lol) and have updated.

Great start.