Reviews for The Drive Home
Sora Tayuya chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Vash is the greatest womanizer in the world.

Wolfwood is the worst. ]
bobby joe chapter 1 . 5/27/2012
AMAZING!
tonraq chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Ahahahah Wolfwood's "advice". Love this interchange between them - it's very in-character and also hilarious.
Cherrystone chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
haha cute poor vash
Meg Fiction chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
XD freaking hilarious :D great job.
Japanarchy chapter 1 . 5/14/2008
That was cute and definitely brought a smile to my face. It's really amazing that you can take a story that you wrote and make "what if" tandems. It shows just how creative you are and how complex the plot for "After the Fall" is for you to be able to do this. I truly enjoy the bantering between Wolfwood and Vash because it's lighthearted and entertaining while giving a glimpse into their relationship. Thanks for this short but sweet ficlet.
Tiny Otaku chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
Aw. . .

Vash is so clueless.

It's kinda funny, but you gotta feel sorry for him when he's stuck in a car with wolfwood, talking about GIRLS.
JadeEye chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Ha! Poor Vash, considering he could be Wolfwood's greatgrandpa its kinda funny that he doesn't get those metaphors about women. Its endearing. I really liked this short-story and hope to see an update for After the Fall soon. Keep up the good work!
Alaena Night chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
LOL! I love the end, and love Wolfwood's comparisons with the oven and the car. The last line...priceless.

It's all so perfect, and Vash is just so endearingly clueless. It's nice to be able to see what happened in between the pages of your other story, and I love these oneshots to death. You got the characterization of Vash and Wolfwood down perfectly!

I like the part you wrote where Wolfwood got mad that Vash so easily forgave him for what he'd done. That was so in-character! You wouldn't be hiding Wolfwood in your closet, would you?

- Wolfwood cracked a humorless smile. “She never was very bright.”

I like that line because it shows so much into Wolfwood's character, layered with a lot of things that he doesn't say. It really just makes me wanna give him a whole lotta hugs, and Millie too. Keep up the great writing! *hugs and cookies to you*

-Alaena
Kentai chapter 1 . 5/4/2007
Poor Vash. Meryl is going to beat him up as long as she lives.

Vash and Wolfwood share some qualities. Like how they both want to take the blame for endangering each other and how the two of them are too stubborn to let it fall to the other person.

I love your writing because it always makes sense to me. I don't even realize it until the end of the chapter but I never get to the end of the sentence and think, "What the hell just happened? What is that supposed to mean?" Thanks for making sense.
WeKissInMyDreams chapter 1 . 5/2/2007
Haha! I love how clueless Vash is! Even after living hundreds of years, he has no clue how to live life. wait... that's kind of sad. Im going to go cry in a corner but good job!
Aine of Knockaine chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
HaHaHaHa... *snort* Too funny! Oh boy, this is absolutely hilarious and so perfectly in "tune" with Vash and Wolfwood's characters! I could see this conversation happening! And can I just say that I love how you have Wolfwood saying "goddamn!" What kind of churchman is he anyway?

Very nicely done!

(Yes I'm writing - well not at this very moment, but I'm planning to in just a few minutes _ I swear!)
Disbelief Suspended chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
I love that you do these little one-shots from your main fic. Probably helps keep you from getting too sick of writing the main one (if that happens to you, I don't know, I tend to get a little sick of a project if it goes on too long and need a break).

This is well written and in-character, so major points there. Also the man-to-man talk is quite amusing (as I'm sure you know).

Great job all around, keep up the good work!

PS I love the genre you put this fic under. Very appropriate.
AbaddonNox chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
A gift? ... For me? *jumps up and down gleefully*

As with all your works, I enjoyed this piece :)

I loved Wolfwood's "I made my own goddamn decisions! Don't cheapen that by making it about you!" It is a lovely spin on Vash's tendency to take all the world's problems onto his own shoulders. And then there is Vash saying it is simple to start over, and Wolfwood disagreeing of course ... ... so them ;)

I am always amazed at your ability to seamlessly weave dialog that is so beautifully "ordinary", but also so IC (because we all know how realistic all the canon conversations are ;) ). The over-apologizing exchange is a wonderful example of this.

All the "man-to-man" stuff was HILARIOUS. "Vash would have been more inclined to believe the man if he'd told him there was an ocean on the other side of the planet." ... "What the hell could ovens and cars possibly have to do with girls?" ... priceless.

Yes, as you guessed, I didn't completely embrace everything. But it has nothing to do with anything you have done wrong. What you have written is beautifully in synch with the anime canon: light and lively exchanges, high percentage of humor, talk of "the girls", etc. It just happens that I have pledged my complete and undying allegiance to the manga ;) However, if it means anything, I think this is my favorite portrayal of Wolfwood you have forwarded thus far :)

Thanks again for a wonderful piece (I am beginning to really enjoy these side-story oneshots).

Oh ... and are my affections for dear Nicky that obvious? *sighs and hangs head* I guess there are worse things than being labeled a Wolfwood fangirl ;)
Sugar Pill chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Ah! I love you! Here I am, cruising because I'm avoiding studying (yet again), and I come across a bright, shiny new one shot! By you! Covering probably my most favorite aspects of Trigun! So excited! Must stop using exclamation points!

I really, REALLY liked this. Really. Both Vash and Wolfwood were incredibly in-character. I love how Wolfwood can't quite wrap his head around why Vash would go through the trouble of saving his life, but when Vash just openly explains its because they're best friends, he responds by simply getting pissed, declaring Vash an idiot, and threatening him. Which, in the language of Wolfwood, is a heart-felt thank you. :)

I love how this covers so much ground without seeming like a sprawling rampage (how'd you do that?). We go from covering the basics of Vash and Wolfwood's relationship, to how complicated being not-dead makes things with Millie, to how inept Vash is in the romance department, to apparently very complex metaphors involving women and machinery.

"What the hell could ovens and cars possibly have to do with girls?" This is freakin' HILARIOUS. I can't come up with any other way to describe it. I thought I was going to explode from trying not the laugh (it's late and I don't want to wake the roommate)! I'll be sending you the medical bill for the hernia this part no doubt created in my side. Seriously... after this, I think I might have to run outside and just laugh insanely and shamefully loud for a while in release.

It amazes me that you not only can write a story that has long and wonderfully involved chapters, but then still find room and time to write one shots that fit in BETWEEN those chapters. And this piece fits perfectly! I loved every word more than the word before it. No betaing necessary here, trust me. :)