Reviews for Gyakuten MECHA: The Ties That Bind
orochi.exe chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Continue, The Story Is Great! I Want To Read More!
Meinos Kaen chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Heh. Red mystical avian bird. I guess you went with the english name. If you had gone with the japanese Original, Ryuuji Naruhodo... A dragon-themed ship?

Just read the first chapter, and I like. Let's go further. :)
Toris.You'reAnArtist chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Its an unusual and quite interesting concept, even though I'm not particularly interested in mecha.

The opening scares me, basically because its the exact copy of the Firefly series story-line, with Phoenix as Mal.

Its well written, with reasonable characterisation and the like.

Well done!
Supinde chapter 6 . 9/6/2009
As...late - GOD THAT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT - to the bandwagon I am, I honestly love where this is going and hope that it is picked up again. I know it's been two years, but it would really suck if the project died.

D8
108Stars chapter 6 . 4/15/2008
This. Is so. Awesome!

I saw the thread at CR and came to read this. You haven't all abandoned the project, have you? Because this is seriously amazing. The writing is beautiful, the characterization is spot on... everything about it is wonderful.
Nexuseragon chapter 6 . 9/9/2007
Heh. Good job. Nice idea how to change the spirit summoning into something similar. I hope you upgrade soon.
Mistral Ebony chapter 6 . 9/3/2007
...wow. Just...wow. I am falling in love with this story. Two thumbs up.
TheLurkingReviewer chapter 6 . 8/25/2007
Ok, so I'd first better establish my biases before I actually review the fic. Ok, first of all I've never truly enjoyed most AU fics, because they are just used to make characters OOC and to make, basicially a completely different series than the series that I, and other people enjoy, and they never truly end up turning out well. I won't draw parallels between this and mech series, simply because none of the mech series really seemed that interesting, so I most likely won't act as if you are "copying" character personalities, subplots, ext. Simply because even if you do in the future, I wouldn't be aware of it. Now then, I'm going to come out and say;

I do think that this fic could be better.

Now, this fic is certainly GOOD (and I'll talk more about that in a second), but there are certainly areas where improvement could help.

Really, the first four chapters, I thought were extremely solid. As usual, the characters are in character. All the characters seem to have the personalities from the game, which is a plus. The timeline is brilliant and flows extremely well.

I think my only complaint was transitions. Truly the transition from the past to the present (from when Nick was a kid to being a pilot) was a little difficult to get used to, and in the first chapter, being the moron that I am, I did get slightly confused. However after the first chapter, I was able to adapt, and otherwise, nothing seemed to be wrong with the story.

Now then, in the 5th chapter, the main weakness was the random change to 1st-person POV. I understand why you did it, and I'm not exactly certain how it could have been done better, but it was still slightly disturbing, like LazyCatfish stated. Other than that, and the length, nothing really lept out at me as being weak in the chapter.

As for the 6th chapter, it just felt like you tried too hard with the discription. In the beginning of the story, it was detailed, but I didn't really feel distracted by it. It simply added to the mood and atmosphere of the story. In this chapter, I had to re-read the chapter a couple times to truly collect all the information and understand everything that was going on. I really didn't consider Grossberg's character THAT OOC, simply because of the fact that he IS the Commander-in-Chief, and so in my opinion I would expect Grossberg to be more in-control and less suprised by everything.

But I did like the way the characters are developing and the chapter certainly did want me to read more.

I'm sure this review is a little disorganized, but I desperately wanted to get everything in the review, and I think I did. In conclusion, it's a solid fic with promise, and I can't wait for the next installation.
anbumoo chapter 1 . 8/14/2007
... This story is so awesome! I love how you keep all the characters... well.. in character. I'm gonna keep reading for sure! D
Wrestlemania chapter 6 . 8/14/2007
First off, I'm glad to FINALLY see a submission coming from you. I was wondering when you would post ANYTHING again!

Now, onto the review: it appears that some people with more knowledge of anime series' that this is partially based upon, see the similarities in actions and script between the shows and this fanfic. I, however, do not watch them that often, hence, I am unable to complain (although the grassy plains hologram seemed to be unique, and oddly enough, unoriginal) about the way the scenes play out.

The characterization of Phoenix was very well done, although Marvin was rather... superior. I don't know, but he seemed more... easily surprised in the game. The descriptions of surroundings, though detailed, seemed rather... long. I found myself having to re-read them in order for me to fully grasp the image that was being seen. Now, in the case of drama in the chapter, I was very intrigued and found myself paying close attention to what was occuring to each character.

Current chapter ranking is 8/10, though still somewhat eventless. However, ranking of the fanfic increases to 7.75/10. Hope to see more!
Firefury Amahira chapter 6 . 8/13/2007
At last! Great chapter, though Phoenix seemed... slightly off. A little /too/ uncertain of himself. In the actual games, even when he's totally certain he's screwed, he still tends to put up a confident front. Just an observation.

In other news... YAY! You used my idea about the badge for ship captains idea! :D
Firefury Amahira chapter 5 . 6/5/2007
Being a Gundam fanatic in addition to a recent Phoenix Wright addict, this story really caught my eye. (I mean really! Laywers in space? WITH GIANT ROBOTS? SCORE!)

The storyline is well written, and does an admirable job of faithfully transplanting the canon characters and storyline into a radically different universe. Though I guess there's not going to be any shouts of "OBJECTION!", are there?

I am mildly concerned that in translating Phoenix and Edgeworth's courtroom conflict into this new setting though, that you guys risk coming awfully close to re-inventing the conflict between Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala from Gundam SEED. Still, I look forward to seeing how you play that out here.

And being a mecha nut myself, I don't suppose you've got any artwork of the machines in this story? I'm particularly interested in the Huma, but I shamelessly admit I love the beam wing concept :D

Anyhow, keep up the good work, I'll be looking forward to the upcoming chapters!
Lamia of the Dark chapter 5 . 5/31/2007
The sudden switch to 1st-person was disturbing.

The scene at the end between Maya and Phoenix was sweet. I'm hooked now, and I'll be following this fic until the ending!
Wrestlemania chapter 5 . 5/27/2007
Hm... thinking back, this is one of the shortest and eventless chapters I've read from ye. Practically a 'transitional chapter'. It seems like something simply made to fill in a gap that wasn't really troublesome to begin with.

As a normal 'oneshot', 7.5/10. However, since this is claimed as a chapter to the entire series of chapters... my rating for the whole fanfic goes down from 8/10 to 7.5/10. Hope to see more still, ese!
H. P. Lovecats chapter 4 . 5/22/2007
Love it. I like how, even though the genre is hugely different, every character fits into it so well, and they stay in-character. Far from ruining the series at all.

Yes, I'm looking at you flamers... or, rather, flamer. Normally I wouldn't people who review like you the time of day, but seriously. This is a well-written, brilliant story. No, Phoenix Wright isn't a mech series. It was never meant to be. That's the point of this kind of AU.

I feel like I shouldn't have said anything, but still. This is a work of art.