Reviews for Mirrorworld
Mako-Magic chapter 44 . 11/18/2020
Great story - I’ve read this over the past 2 weeks. I often find with these longer ones they start to drag out but you’ve kept it fun and engaging the whole time. The worms thing was pretty gross and weirdly kept popping into my head at odd times throughout the day. Never had a story do that to me before! I thought the concept of brain damage was interesting and the changes in behaviour made more sense knowing this.

I also enjoyed how some things have been left open ended, where will they live? What will they do? What about Al? You don’t need everything wrapped in a pretty bow sometimes.

Also, as someone who moved to another country following a partner, leaving family, friends, work, and life behind I related to how Alfons felt. I wondered if it was something you’ve gone through before. It was sad, but nice to know that other people had felt the same as me (and also that thinking about it was hard!).

Loved the story, you should be proud.

Now, off to see what other jewels you have written!

Mako
lotolight chapter 44 . 11/14/2020
Thank you so much. This feels so good. Closure.

I began reading this fic about ten years ago I believe, and ever since I checked periodically to see if there was an update.
It has meant the world to me. The words, the images they inspire, they have all stayed with me through all these years.
I don't have enough words to describe what this story means to me, and how delightful it is to see it come to conclusion.
It's been almost a year since you posted the last chapter and yet here I am reading it november 2020. I turned 28 yesterday. Life has inevitably happened with all its curses and its blessings.
I still keep a vivid memory of being 17 and reading this fanfic when I was in a bad relationship. Things are better now. Not perfect, but better.
For so long I fought a war inside to keep going on, and those final thoughts of Alfons, how they are able to face whatever the future brings, taste of resolution and determination more than faith.
Feels good, feels organic. Fitting, even.
Thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/6/2020
So, as fairly new to the fandom as I am, I've only stumbled into this fic for pure dumb luck.
And god, what luck.
I've been sick as a dog the last three days and I'm kinda? glad? that I had a reason to stay at home and absolutely inhale this colossal piece of writting.
It has been the most enjoyable sick days of my life, not even exaggerating here.
I've laughed, and cried, and god there were SEVERAL times where you just truly surprised me with a twist so cleverly done, just so amazingly executed, that I had to clutch at my sheets and bury my face on a pillow at an attempt not to wake up my neighboors.
I feel so full of ideas, of inspiration, of pure fucking love for all fanfics in the world, and of absolute adoration for this story I had the good fortune to read.
It was amazing getting to see your writting style transforming, evolving every chapter, alongside with the changes in your life, and still feeling it stay unmistakable yours.
I've fallen in love again with these characters, in a wholly unique and new way to me, through your eyes.
ushitenchan chapter 44 . 8/20/2020
hi, I came to reread this fic as I do every few years, and was so so happy to see it completed! I know this is waaay an old one, but its one of my favorites and one I hold dear to my heart. the way you wrote alfons is one of my favorites and watching ed slowly fall in love with him makes me slowly fall in love with him as well! i always knew in my heart,, they would get their happy ending, and im so happy to read that they do! congratulations on completing it, and thank you so much!
Wryder A chapter 44 . 7/14/2020
Thank you so much for writing and finishing this story! It really feels like a part of my childhood is complete. FMA was such a formative part of my early teenage years, and even a decade on I still find happy memories when I catch back up with where the fandom is.

I first read Mirrorworld as a freshman in high school with my best friend. I remember when you would update and we would spend our lunch breaks dissecting the chapter and wondering what you would bring next. As the years grew and updates diminished, it became a part of my “check every six months” batch of stories, and then faded out as I found myself in other fandoms. Back to now, my roommate has never seen FMA, and I insisted we watch ‘03 first, which led me back here. How nice it was to see the story was completed!

I just have to thank you again. The last week spent rereading this has been so much fun. And congratulations on the PhD! How amazing for you! And good luck on writing your own novel. I’m sure it’ll be amazing.
Atzuko-san chapter 44 . 5/22/2020
Gracias a ti por tan maravillosas palabras, desde todas partes del mundo, donde quede un poco del fandom de FMA (2003). Tienes un lugar ganado en nuestros corazones.
Quiza nuestras palabras no sean suficiente intercambio por tan bella historia, pero espero que estes donde estas, haciendo lo que estes haciendo: Estes feliz, saludable y siendo amada.
Gracias por darle una maravillosa historia a Ed y al fandom. Un Epilogo saldria sobrando despues de ese "Final feliz" para Ed y Alfons.
Gracias en verdad por llenar mi corazon de calidez y de crisis, en casi toda la historia quise golpear a Ed por su inseguridad al mismo tiempo de que me ponia a llorar por la ansiedad de saber que ocurriria en el siguiente capitulo.
Me disperso, lo siento.
Gracias, de verdad.
Guest chapter 44 . 4/21/2020
Hello,

I hope you will see this- I want to say thank you for this story. I read the whole thing over the past day and a half, which seems so short a time in comparison to the years and years you spent writing it. But I’m really glad you did write it, and I could never thank you enough for finishing it as well. Your writing is amazing and beautiful and I enjoyed every second I spent reading. So thank you so so much for this story- I loved it more than I can say.
Guest chapter 44 . 4/16/2020
Oh god this was so beautiful, the whole Fanfic was beautiful. I cannot tell you how many times this brought tears to my eyes, and how many times I pulled all-nighters just to see what happens next, Thank you so much for writing this masterpiece!
Guest chapter 44 . 4/10/2020
For the first three months after this fic stopped updating I checked back every day. For the first year I checked back every week. I checked back once a month for the next three years before I finally gave up. Today something crossed my mind (I wondered if social isolating would cause you to finally finish the fic lmao) and here it was. This was my favorite fic of all time, thank you for finishing it. I’m going to start from chapter 1 and read it all again.
Michelle chapter 44 . 3/23/2020
Thank you so much for finishing this fic. I haven’t been in the FMA fandom for years, but I still think about this fic all the time. It really resonated with me in a way few stories (fanfic or original) have. I’m happy with the ending and glad to know Alfons and Ed get their happy ending. Poor Alfons with the aerofons. XD At least gets gets his patent. And Ed’s going to have to do a lot of healing, but at least they have each other to get through it. There’s a ton of things I’m still curious about, like how things will go with Al (Ed still doesn’t know the full extent of how Al has changed and how he and Alfons don’t really get along) but I’m content to imagine those for myself. Thank you again for writing, and for finishing it even though you’ve moved on as a fan and writer. It really gave me a smile.
Fable4Confirmed chapter 9 . 2/15/2020
Hey! You told me about your fic on Reddit so I made an account on here so I could comment on it :D I'm only on chapter 9, but I really like it so far! I enjoy the way you write Ed and mirror!Al - their personalities both shine through. And I like the realism in how they're dealing with how mirror!Al looks like Ed's brother.
jhakti chapter 44 . 2/12/2020
Thank You! This was one of the first fics I started reading and was the first I ever followed. SO glad that paid off! Great Story, well written. Thank you!
SamCyberCat chapter 44 . 2/7/2020
My friend sent me an email today saying this fic had been finished and I could scarcely believe it, but here we are.

Thank you so much for all the time and effort and love that you've put into this story. I know how hard it can be to pull yourself back into a fandom you're no longer part of solely to finish an old multi-chapter, so I hope the sense of completion and satisfaction you feel to wrap this story up is worth all the effort. As a reader, I certainly appreciate it all.

This last chapter was everything that I'd hoped it would've been and more. The last conversation between Ed and Alfons was everything. I both loved the homunculus twist and Alfons's very real and resigned reaction to it. The worms in his lungs tension-breaker at the end was perfect.

I'm so glad that after all these years they got their happy ending. Thanks again and I hope all your current and future projects go this well.
SpectrumV chapter 44 . 2/6/2020
I burst into tears when I saw this last chapter. Thank you for the beautiful ending for this beautiful fic that I've loved so long. My favourite piece of fiction of all time.
Still Go0se 2k19 chapter 1 . 12/31/2019
It's not even going to ben the same year by the time this makes sense oh my God, I'm sorry for all of the notifications; it's just hearts, it's eight hearts because that's how many years I've read this fic and then one for good luck, that's all. xD
Thank you a Third Time, and happy new year! (Heart hands for real)
1,060 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »