Reviews for Skua Nightmare
Avationrocks10 chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
Try to make it less sad next time
Aircraftman234 chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
The guest copied what I said what a jerk
Guest chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
I was reading this a few days ago and started having these dreams about your story but they were near Pegasus Field, The only airport that is for big skuas gotten scared of the loud noise from the jet engines and flew off. Guess my love of airplanes saved that chick's life, That is what I call a happy ending.
Aircraftman234 chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
What If they were near Pegasus field, The only airport in the south pole that is for large planes
Anyway The Skuas would have gotten scared of the jet engines and flew would have been another ending that doesn't have the chick die.
Transformers 0 chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Nice job, but you could have put name for the chick. Perhaps if it takes place in your alternate universe make it Baby Whisper's or Baby Tourniquet's nightmare. If it takes place in George Miller's original movie-verse, then make it Baby Gloria's or Baby Boadicea's nightmare. Or you could make it a sort of mini-prequel to the first film: a nightmare in Baby Norma Jean's mind!

Nice job anyway though.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Yeah, good story but I know the feeling.

I myself have had several vivid dreams, not a lot of them pleasant. Most of those nightmares usually involves large insects attacking me, or cats... mostly insects, but those aren't pretty. So, I can understand these nightmares. They really shake you up, and it takes you minutes to recover. I'm not sure about the penguin chick, since I haven't had any dreams with them or being them. I have had other dreams where I was an animal, or transformed into one. Those are something else. I was fortunate to have a few dreams with Mumble, which were neat.

Anyway, I can understand why this story is in the horror genre. Makes sense, but you did a fine job with the details. I wouldn't want to be in the baby chick's position, but I hope I don't have a nightmare similar to what you had. Besides this, keep writing. You're good with descriptions, but I have found the dream fanfiction stories are typically good... just something I've come to accidentally understand over the years, which is one reason I read them.

-Aria Breuer
MissBliss8527 chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Oh my. I cold actually imagine myself as the baby chick. This was so sad. :(
Anonommys chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
I'm a 15 year old boy and this story made the tears flow :(

Really well written though it makes you feel like you are right there watching it happen (a disturbing thought in a way lol)
Owliness chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
I feel sorry for you, having that dream. But it's a good story and well written.

It's hard to write a review while watching happy feet :)
PunkyDoe chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Oh, god. I've had a simalar dream, about a similar movie, Surf's Up.

I was my OC, Wave, and in the Big Z momorial race off her board was broken in half and she got attacked by a Bull Shark, and ripped apart:

I surfed over another wave, not noticing the rock infront of me until it was too late, the front of my board slammed into the the rock, splitting it like a lame piece of drift wood.

I sank to the bottom of the ocean, I resurfaced and took a gulp of air, I was jerked back under by a tremendous strength.

The water around me turned red, I was shooken violently, I tryed to pry the thing that grabbed my waist off, by doing so I sliced my wing on it's sharp teeth, I tryed to resurface again, I grabbed a peice of my board only to slide back into the water, bringing the piece of painted wood with me.

The thing, a shark I now figured by it's strength, grabbed me again, the jaw's crushed my rib cage, blood escaped my mouth as the agonizing pain ceased, I died...

I loved the way you made the story so life like, sadly this happens to baby penguins all the time.

But I dout you'd have any thing to worry about, Suka's would'nt attack people.
Dark Huntress chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Aw, I understand. I've also had terrible dreams where I suffer direly. And worse, you can actually FEEL the pain; being torn apart piece by painful piece.

There was a dream I had once...

I was a cat. Not just any cat. I was Peppercat from the Medabots franchise (she's my fav.) I was in a game playing a tough boss level. I even remember the main menue to select your levels! I was in a yard near a tree awaiting my boss.

I had no idea who I was fighting. Suddenly, while I was looking around by the base of the tree a crazed bulldog charged at me, massive yellow fangs bared, foam frothing out its square jaw.

Fortunately, I had an agile body and good speed. I sprinted across the small patch of grass and up the trunk, the enraged dog snapping at my back.

So I continued to climb the gigantic tree. I'm telling you; this freaking dog could climb partially up the tree and leapt really high, so I got up to the centre topish hight just to freaking avoid it.

I watched the beast from above in horror. I was like, "Where's the freaking escape button! I don't wanna play no more!" But, alas. No escapeing for this cat.

To cut the long story short (I can only have so many characters in a review), I lost hight some time and the dog got me. This was so scary...

His jaws clamped around my waist like a iron vice, crushing my metal frame. I spun round impressively while in his jaws (bulldogs are known for deadly bites) and sank my electric claws into his face.

No diference.

Crap!

And so he wrenches me out the tree; a gory scene plays where he tears me apart, most likely tearing my mechanics out, and a scary 'Game Over' thing comes on my screen.

I think it asked me if I wanted to try again. I was like, "Skrew you, bitch! Now way!" and exited that nightmare. Whew!

I often get eaten by dogs in my dreams. I dunno why. I have another horrid dream about canines, but I'll not describe it.

Anyway, I love Peppercat and she rules! Sad story, dude. I hope you read my review! I understand the pain. -_-
Snowflake Archive chapter 1 . 8/1/2008
Horrifying, but great writing!
Mrs Snowball chapter 1 . 5/7/2007
That must have been one scary dream.